Understanding Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 559 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,16:29)
    Hi ED,
    So then show us the verse you quoted in your JW bible… or any other.

Hi Nick,

The AKJV Bible

terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    I feel like crying when i read you comments i whander if you read the scriptures ,it seems that you just read the old testament and a few book of the new testament ,how please explain me if you can ,can you understand the spirit of God s will ,ider through the words of the prophets or Jesus christ and later through is apostals,did anyone ever reads the book of Galatians ? Jesus as teacht is diciples to have love for each other,gues why,the foundation laws for everyone is ;love God whit all your heart and spirit and your soul and strength,love your neighbor as youself.if you would have understanding you would know by following that rule in your live you would be free of sin,it is that simple.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,13:44)
    Hi ED,
    Which version has EARTH in it as mine does not? Is it added or is there manuscript variation?

You may not value accuracy but without it men run amok with scripture.

Hi Nick,

γη ghay; soil, region, ground, globe, Earth, land, world.

God bless
    Ed J
    http:/www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    The NIV on this site points out manuscript variation but mentions none here where only one version it seems has the word EARTH?

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2009,22:41)
    hi to all
    I feel like crying when i read you comments i whander if you read the scriptures ,it seems that you just read the old testament and a few book of the new testament ,how please explain me if you can ,can you understand the spirit of God s will ,ider through the words of the prophets or Jesus  christ and later through is apostals,did anyone ever reads the book of Galatians ? Jesus as teacht is diciples to have love for each other,gues why,the foundation laws for everyone is ;love God whit all your heart and spirit and your soul and strength,love your neighbor as youself.if you would have understanding you would know by following that rule in your live you would be free of sin,it is that simple.

terraricca, did you know every verse in the NT is in the OT? Maybe not all word for word, but every NT verse has an OT implied verse.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,23:05)
    Hi Ed,
    The NIV on this site points out manuscript variation but mentions none here where only one version it seems has the word EARTH?

Then go to the oldest manuscript.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 30 2009,12:56)
    kraft- Hello- you quotted” sin is not something you do(as in action) or dont do-“never heard that before or even thought it”!  Sin is something you do,and the dont do part, scripture even says if you keep your faith to your self, that is a sin. What do you mean here? I dont understand you saying that at all! So if someone becomes a murderer are you saying that is not a sin? And your right nothing is bad enough to take you away from God, Jesus will be your Savior for any sin you have done even murder IF you ask Him to be your Savior and mean it in your heart. Than you start growing in Gods word. And treat others just as Christ would. But we were all born into sin, its been past down from Adam and Eve. And we need a Savior. But if you are truly building a relationship with God,and studying his word, you learn to stay away from sinful things. They are not appealing to you anymore. Gossip, drinking, smoking, filthy movies, bad language- and your mind starts thinking differently(thats the holy spirits help) I heard the preachers wife say before “you should be very careful what you let your eyes watch and your ears hear)That is so true,if you avoid all that filthy stuff than you dont have it running threw your mind anymore. BUT I do know you cant just ask Jesus into your heart to be your Savior and not take it seriously. Yes every sin can be for-given if you ask him in but that does not mean you can just keep on doing sinful things over and over and over and think, its o.k. , all sins are for given. NO you start building a knew life in Christ and you know what he would aprove of and what not. And we all mess up sometimes, but you dont just keep sinning on purpose when you know Gods word and know he would not approve of certain things. You also said we are not being judged for our actions too-SURE WE ARE! We will also be judged for what we have done for others too! Thats in scripture too. But being a true Christian makes you want to go out and help others and to give to others, food, clothing, money etc… And I know works does not save you, but you start growing a bigger heart when you have a relationship with God and YOU WANT TO DO IT!you want to help others all you can. Sin is not just an error of thinking.I dont see how you get that.You start doing your best not to sin, and it becomes easier the closer you get to God, but if you mess up. YOU MUST REPENT. you cant just say all sin is forgiven and keep sinning not trying to better your self,and think you are truly following God! God bless!

Katjo: If as you say, sin is somthing you do or don't do how can you then say, we are all born in sin? Can you be born into a work. If you haven't done anything how could you be in sin if sin is doing something.
    If faith makes you whole and righteous then what does that have to do with works?
    Can you do lots of good works to get clean before God?
    Paul said your works are as filthy rags.
    If by the works of the law anyone was justified then Jesus died needlessly. The law (which is totally works) could not purify. By works shall no man be justified. If you mix faith in the work of Jesus with works you nullify faith. It is no longer by faith if works of any kind are involved.
    Please take the time to show me where in the New Testament it says that sin is something you do or don't do!
    Beware, as a man believeth in his heart, so he is! Therefore if a man believes he is a sinner or is in sin then he has waived his right to salvation and justification in God. Bless you, TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 30 2009,13:53)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 30 2009,01:30)

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 29 2009,10:45)
    He is your Savior but not until you ask Him into your heart, Thats how you receive the holy spirit. If you dont except him than he dont come in. And I really dont believe your thoughts on sin at all! You make it sound like we can go  out and do sins and its o.k. You do let the holy spirit guide you into leading a life like Christ. And the holy spirit is what helps you and convicts you when you do something wrong.Your making it sound like sin is o.k? Bible does not teach that at all!

Katjo: I hope I am not trying to make sin ok! Sin will destroy you. I'm trying to say that sin is not something you do(as in an action) or don't do. I believe the church is mixing faith to receive Christ and works to fall away from God. Nothing you do is bad enough to take you away from God. Nothing you do is good enough to get you to God. We are not being judged by our actions. Righteousness is by faith in God telling you that you are righteous. Righteousness has never been by doing very good works. (lest a man would boast) The gift of salvation is received by faith. Not by works. The word of God is the judge of your purity. The word of God says you are clean. If you say you are not clean you put yourself above Gods words. Thats blasphemy! The old temple worship was by works to appease God. They were lost. In the dark. Away from the righteousness that would come by faith. By works of any law shall no man be justified. If you believe that one little thing you did or do will make you better or cleaner before God you have trampled the work of Jesus and his death on the cross! Sin is believing that works can get you to God. Sin is also believing that works can take you away from God. Sin is an error of thinking. Sin will destroy you. Nothing can take you away from union with God except sin/your belief that something you did has taken you away.
    The holy spirirt, God, Jesus and the words of Jesus are all the same. ONE spirit in union together. The word dwells inside of those who will believe it as truth and becomes one with all.Whatever you put into yourself and become one with is what will come out of you in words and deeds. Not the other way around. Works are a byproduct of Gods spirit/love! Father, forgive us our sin (AS) we forgive others their sin. We are forgiven as we forgive. Bless you, TK

Hi TK,

Matt. 5:19: “Whosoever Therefore Shall Break One Of These Least Commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
    but whosoever shall do and teach them , the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

People (I believe as well as God) judge others more for what they do, than what they say.
    How you influence others has the greatest consequences; in some cases words can even
    supersede deeds.

God bless,
    Ed J
    http://www.hplycitybiblecode.org

Ed J: Interesting quote in Matt5:19—Jesus was talking to the Jews about himself when he said,…whosoever shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men to, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of heaven….Who did Jesus say was the greatest in the Kingdom of God? He said the least shall be the greatest. Jesus was the least in the Kingdom and shall teach men the same. The kicker is when he said….but whosoever shall do(the law) and teach(the law), the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Jesus did not follow the law!!! He didn't follow cleansing rituals, he didn't follow the Sabbath day law, and he released the woman that had broken the law, he didn't pay tithes, he didn't make sacrifices to cover these errors. Jesus was justified by faith not by works of the law! Jesus clearly said the Law and the Prophets were UNTIL John the Baptist, since then the Kingdom of God is preached.
    When Jesus came he was the end,fullfilment of the Law. The law could not make men righteous. The law failed or there was no need for Jesus to come.
    How others judge me is not my concern. It would be my concern if I cared to have people follow me. I care not for anyone to follow me. Your example is in your knowledge of the truth. Bless you, TK

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 30 2009,02:57)

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 30 2009,12:56)
    kraft- Hello- you quotted” sin is not something you do(as in action) or dont do-“never heard that before or even thought it”!  Sin is something you do,and the dont do part, scripture even says if you keep your faith to your self, that is a sin. What do you mean here? I dont understand you saying that at all! So if someone becomes a murderer are you saying that is not a sin? And your right nothing is bad enough to take you away from God, Jesus will be your Savior for any sin you have done even murder IF you ask Him to be your Savior and mean it in your heart. Than you start growing in Gods word. And treat others just as Christ would. But we were all born into sin, its been past down from Adam and Eve. And we need a Savior. But if you are truly building a relationship with God,and studying his word, you learn to stay away from sinful things. They are not appealing to you anymore. Gossip, drinking, smoking, filthy movies, bad language- and your mind starts thinking differently(thats the holy spirits help) I heard the preachers wife say before “you should be very careful what you let your eyes watch and your ears hear)That is so true,if you avoid all that filthy stuff than you dont have it running threw your mind anymore. BUT I do know you cant just ask Jesus into your heart to be your Savior and not take it seriously. Yes every sin can be for-given if you ask him in but that does not mean you can just keep on doing sinful things over and over and over and think, its o.k. , all sins are for given. NO you start building a knew life in Christ and you know what he would aprove of and what not. And we all mess up sometimes, but you dont just keep sinning on purpose when you know Gods word and know he would not approve of certain things. You also said we are not being judged for our actions too-SURE WE ARE! We will also be judged for what we have done for others too! Thats in scripture too. But being a true Christian makes you want to go out and help others and to give to others, food, clothing, money etc… And I know works does not save you, but you start growing a bigger heart when you have a relationship with God and YOU WANT TO DO IT!you want to help others all you can. Sin is not just an error of thinking.I dont see how you get that.You start doing your best not to sin, and it becomes easier the closer you get to God, but if you mess up. YOU MUST REPENT. you cant just say all sin is forgiven and keep sinning not trying to better your self,and think you are truly following God! God bless!

Katjo: If as you say, sin is somthing you do or don't do how can you then say, we are all born in sin? Can you be born into a work. If you haven't done anything how could you be in sin if sin is doing something.
    If faith makes you whole and righteous then what does that have to do with works?
    Can you do lots of good works to get clean before God?
    Paul said your works are as filthy rags.
    If by the works of the law anyone was justified then Jesus died needlessly. The law (which is totally works) could not purify. By works shall no man be justified. If you mix faith in the work of Jesus with works you nullify faith. It is no longer by faith if works of any kind are involved.
    Please take the time to show me where in the New Testament it says that sin is something you do or don't do!
    Beware, as a man believeth in his heart, so he is! Therefore if a man believes he is a sinner or is in sin then he has waived his right to salvation and justification in God. Bless you, TK

LOL,

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. . . But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? . . Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? . . Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. . . For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:17-18, 20, 22, 24, 26

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Are you comparing the power works of faith in God with the works of the law? The works of the law are itemized do's and don'ts in an attempt to perfection. Those works are as filthy rags to God. God sent the truth/Jesus to wash you clean by the truth for any and all who will believe/have faith. Believing Jesus cleansed us through his (Gods) word is the only way to be in perfect union with God. There is no faith in the law.The reason faith came was the law and its works couldn't make a man perfect. The works of the law created sin(error of thinking) which is never being able to believe in your own pefection with God that Jesus paid for and gave us.When the law tells you what to do there is no faith involved. Works of the law are totally different that works by faith in Jesus. One is only united to God by faith. As he believes the fruit of the spirit of God will manifest in his life. By the works of the law shall no man be justified!! TK

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 30 2009,05:16)
    Are you comparing the power works of faith in God with the works of the law? The works of the law are itemized do's and don'ts in an attempt to perfection. Those works are as filthy rags to God. God sent the truth/Jesus to wash you clean by the truth for any and all who will believe/have faith. Believing Jesus cleansed us through his (Gods) word is the only way to be in perfect union with God. There is no faith in the law.The reason faith came was the law and its works couldn't make a man perfect. The works of the law created sin(error of thinking) which is never being able to believe in your own pefection with God that Jesus paid for and gave us.When the law tells you what to do there is no faith involved. Works of the law are totally different that works by faith in Jesus. One is only united to God by faith. As he believes the fruit of the spirit of God will manifest in his life. By the works of the law shall no man be justified!! TK

Even with faith in God there are do's and dont's.

The works of law did not create sin, law does not create sin, law points out law, law points out a standard, law points out sin when it is transgressed, law condemns when it is transgressed.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

SIN IS NOT BELEIVING THAT YOU ARE CLEANSED AND MADE PERFECT IN GOD. SIN IS THINKING ANYTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM GOD!
    SIN IS AN ERROR OF BELIEF.
    SIN IS WRONG THINKING—IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE YOU ARE SINLESS, YOU ARE IN SIN! RIGHTEOUSNESS IS STILL BY FAITH AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING!
    REJECT YOUR FREE PERFECTION AND LIVE IN SEPARATION FROM GOD!
    SIN IS LITERALLY THINKING YOU ARE A SINNER IN SIN EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THAT JESUS SAID HE CLEANSED US, SANCTIFIED US AND ORDAINED US!(John15-3—-John1:9—-John17:17—John15:16) TK

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 30 2009,05:45)
    SIN IS NOT BELEIVING THAT YOU ARE CLEANSED AND MADE PERFECT IN GOD. SIN IS THINKING ANYTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM GOD!
    SIN IS WRONG THINKING—IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE YOU ARE SINLESS, YOU ARE IN SIN! RIGHTEOUSNESS IS STILL BY FAITH AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING!
    SIN IS LITERALLY THINKING YOU ARE A SINNER IN SIN EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THAT JESUS SAID HE CLEANSED US, SANCTIFIED US AND ORDAINED US!(John15-3—-John1:9—-John17:17—John15:16) TK

Foolishness!

Sin is the violation of God's law. (1Jn 3:4)

I John 3:4, NIV. “Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.”

I John 5:17, NIV says, “All wrongdoing is sin”

Transgression – “The violation of a law or known principle of rectitude.” (Webster's Dictionary 1828)

Sin is opposition, enmity, and war with God. (compare Php 3:18,19, Jas 4:4, Rev 12:7-9 compare 1Jn 3:8-11)

Sin comes from the inside out.

Mark 7:20-23, TLB. “And then He added, 'It is the thought-life that pollutes. For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts of lust, theft, murder, adultery, wanting what belongs to others, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, pride, and all other folly. All these vile things come from within; they are what pollute you and make you unfit for God.”

Sin is a transgression of God's law.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 31 2009,00:16)

Hi TK,

Jesus said I change not one jot or tittle of the law but came to fulfill it.
    As you pointed he did not follow mans ordinances; but the record shows he
    did follow the 10 commandments (The Law). With the Holy Spirit resident
    on the inside it is no trouble at all to follow them; because we want to.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

hi con
    of cause i know ,would you think that the apostles had the new testament ?the new testament was made for the help to understand the hebrew scriptures to the rest of the nations ,to show that this was not put forward at theyr time but long ago,and also make the word of God stand out above any other.

Con;if i understand ,you have rwitten a book based on the scriptures,I dont understand people who rwights books on someone els book,for theyr on benefit i gess,I find the scriptures self explainatory,i know religion is a multi billion dollard business.I guess some cant resit.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed J: Wow I am amazed at what I am reading. I've known the law was fulfilled, completed, and done away with for years. Please understand, the law and the old covenant were functioning up untill John the Baptist. John was teaching the masses of the New way that was comming. The day of the Lord. The sabbath rest was in Jesus. This is the sabbath day. This is the end of the old religious world. They were in sin. Baptism is a symbolic washing away of sin. A new creature in Chirt. A new creation is come. God, the father the son and the holy spirit will now dwell INSIDE human beings. This is the Gospel. This is the good news. A New Covenant built on better promises. Repent, turn around from the old temple worship way that you are going, the NewWay is here. Jesus the Christ is about to manifest to us the New Covenant of God. THE OLD IS FINISHED, THE OLD IS DONE AWAY, THE OLD IS OVER. THIS INCLUDES THE LAW. Jesus didn't come to stay in the law but to fulfill it.(lood up the word translated abolish its the same word used later when they were seeking lodging. He said he did not come to stay in, lodge in or remain in the law) If you are still under the law you are a dead man walking. This is New Covenant 101! The New way, true way to God is within the individual. The Kingdom is within. This was the message of Jesus the Christ. God Bless you, TK

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 22 2009,10:37)
    Hey Con: You copy well. With all knowledge be sure to get understanding. When you get some understanding we will discuss. Bless you, TK

i read your stuff mr. kraft….i understand what you are saying….the HOLY SPIRIT is in us….i get it….

but do you really get it?

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 31 2009,00:45)

just curious….are you a preterist?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kraft- sin is not a error of thinking!! That makes no sense. Do you ever do any thing wrong? if you do than its a sin, you repent and ask for forgivness. Try reading this: Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4) and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18). Sin really began with Lucifer,who wanted to be higher than God, that was beginning of sin (Isaiah 14:12-15). Renamed Satan, he brought sin to the human race in the Garden of Eden, where he tempted Adam and Eve with the same enticement, “you shall be like God.” Genesis 3 describes Adam and Eve’s rebellion against God and against His command. Since that time, sin has been passed down through all the generations of mankind and we, Adam’s descendants, have inherited sin from him. Romans 5:12 tells us that through Adam sin entered the world, and so death was passed on to all men because “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).
    http://www.gotquestions.org

Anonymous
    Inactive

Through Adam, the inherent inclination to sin entered the human race, and human beings became sinners by nature. When Adam sinned, his inner nature was transformed by his sin of rebellion, bringing to him spiritual death and depravity which would be passed on to all who came after him. We are sinners not because we sin; rather, we sin because we are sinners. This passed-on depravity is known as inherited sin. Just as we inherit physical characteristics from our parents, we inherit our sinful natures from Adam. King David lamented this condition of fallen human nature in Psalm 51:5: “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.”

Another type of sin is known as imputed sin. Used in both financial and legal settings, the Greek word translated “imputed” means “to take something that belongs to someone and credit it to another’s account.” Before the Law of Moses was given, sin was not imputed to man, although men were still sinners because of inherited sin. After the Law was given, sins committed in violation of the Law were imputed (accounted) to them (Romans 5:13). Even before transgressions of the law were imputed to men, the ultimate penalty for sin (death) continued to reign (Romans 5:14). All humans, from Adam to Moses, were subject to death, not because of their sinful acts against the Mosaic Law (which they did not have), but because of their own inherited sinful nature. After Moses, humans were subject to death both because of inherited sin from Adam and imputed sin from violating the laws of God.

God used the principle of imputation to benefit mankind when He imputed the sin of believers to the account of Jesus Christ, who paid the penalty for that sin—death—on the cross. Imputing our sin to Jesus, God treated Him as if He were a sinner, though He was not, and had Him die for the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2). It is important to understand that sin was imputed to Him, but He did not inherit it from Adam. He bore the penalty for sin, but He never became a sinner. His pure and perfect nature was untouched by sin. He was treated as though He were guilty of all the sins ever committed by the human race, even though He committed none. In exchange, God imputed the righteousness of Christ to believers and credited our accounts with His righteousness, just as He had credited our sins to Christ’s account (2 Corinthians 5:21).

A third type of sin is personal sin, that which is committed every day by every human being. Because we have inherited a sin nature from Adam, we commit individual, personal sins, everything from seemingly innocent untruths to murder. Those who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ must pay the penalty for these personal sins, as well as inherited and imputed sin. However, believers have been freed from the eternal penalty of sin—hell and spiritual death—but now we also have the power to resist sinning. Now we can choose whether or not to commit personal sins because we have the power to resist sin through the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, sanctifying and convicting us of our sins when we do commit them (Romans 8:9-11). Once we confess our personal sins to God and ask forgiveness for them, we are restored to perfect fellowship and communion with Him. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

We are all three times condemned due to inherited sin, imputed sin, and personal sin. The only just penalty for this sin is death (Romans 6:23), not just physical death but eternal death (Revelation 20:11-15). Thankfully, inherited sin, imputed sin, and personal sin have all been crucified on the cross of Jesus, and now by faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior “we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Ephesians 1:7).

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account