Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    A true disciple of towshab?

kejonn
    Participant

Jealous that I am not a disciple of Nick? Again, you just go after my character rather than addressing what I pointed out. What about the list of cruelties I pointed out just from Genesis? All you had to say was that it was the faithful record of the actions of bible God. Seriously, if you enjoy reading the savage actions of that God, then perhaps you harbor sadism in your heart. It DOES appeal to the savage animal instincts within us. Perhaps we are created in His image when you consider the savage things men have done.

kejonn
    Participant

I can't understand why people don't realize why Jews don't accept Jesus and Christians tend to stay away from the OT. Two different Gods are described in the the books. The God described in the OT was a tribal God who was bloodthirsty and reveled in death and destruction, while the God in the NT was a background character represented by Jesus. The NT says God loves us, the OT told us to love God. Look for yourself — put “love” and “God” in a search in the OT and you won't find anytime where God loves His people, its always about His people loving Him.

That is because all of it is human depictions of God. The evolving view of God was due to circumstances. In much of the OT, He is made out to be a God of war and vengeance. That view changed while they were exile, and God took on a less personal tribal presence. Exile is where the idea of an afterlife crept in which went on to be adopted by Christianity. While in exile you also see Satan becoming more of an entity than the general word for adversary. While in Judaism Satan remained an obedient agent of God, in Christianity he became an enemy of God, a fallen angel. Bot of the ideas were an influence of the Persian religion of Zoroastrianism, which also became dualistic (good vs light) over time. King Cyrus honored Ahura Mazda, not Yahweh, yet Yahweh called him His anointed according to the OT. The only non-Jew to ever receive that honor in Hebrew scriptures.

More to come.

kejonn
    Participant

I did fine ONE instance where the OT claims God loves His people (the Israelites).

Deu 23:5 “Nevertheless, the LORD your God was not willing to listen to Balaam, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the LORD your God loves you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    One very good thing about being a signpost is that you do not attract a following
    because you are one who points where it is safe to travel.
    You are not a waystation.

kejonn
    Participant

Keep the philosophy coming!

Who said I was looking for a following? I am not leader.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Going through you old posts here it is sad to see how quickly you decided to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

kejonn
    Participant

Better yet, read some of the recent posts about some guy with the initials RW and you will see what an unhealthy obsession with the bible will do for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    If obsession is passionate love then Jn 17.17 covers it.

kejonn
    Participant

Can you provide strong evidence that christianity has a monopoly on passionate love?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We have to love our God with our whole being.

Deuteronomy 6:5
    And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Mark 12:30
    And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

kejonn
    Participant

No doubt, just as good as

Luk 14:26 “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    God speaks ironically at times.

Matthew 10:36
    and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

kejonn
    Participant

That was Jesus speaking. Are you saying Jesus was God then? When did you come to accept the trinity?

kejonn
    Participant

Mat 10:34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
    Mat 10:35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
    Mat 10:36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.

Indeed. So much for the Prince of Peace if you believe Jesus said this.

kejonn
    Participant

After all, why would they not be enemies since Jesus came to turn family members agains one another.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Christ was a mouthpiece for God as were all of the prophets [acts 3.22]
    The gospel of Christ sown into a world ruled by Satan must cause disruption.

kejonn
    Participant

Huh. Got any books where Satan says he's coming to turn family members against one another? If Jesus said some of the things attributed to him, he had a high disdain for family. There are many instances where you see he didn't care for birth family.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Yup. All or nothing.
    Sorts the men out from the boys.
    Many turn back when opposed from within their family.

kejonn
    Participant

I see. So who should families look to to help improve their relationships? Jesus wants to turn them against each other so they better find someone else to help improve the family unit.

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account