Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We have seen many come here finding inconsistencies in the bible and offering their assumptions as a better alternative.

None have proved very wise but rather shallow and conceited, convinced in their vanity that they are greater than the bible and the God Who wrote it through men.

Are you yet another one of these?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,18:10)
    Hi KJ,
    We have seen many come here finding inconsistencies in the bible and offering their assumptions as a better alternative.

None have proved very wise but rather shallow and conceited, convinced in their vanity that they are greater than the bible and the God Who wrote it through men.

Are you yet another one of these?

And all of this is your opinion of these people because you do not agree with them. Why is your opinion to be taken so seriously?

kejonn
    Participant

Edit: see below (repeat post, sorry).

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,18:03)
    Hi KJ,
    Are we fortunate to have someone as intelligent as yourself to correct the bible for us?

Nah, because I can't be sure what the right version would be. I just offer up what I see as problems. I note you never have solutions to such problems but instead go on to attack the person who brings these things to light. Is that the proper methodology?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We defend the bible as it is the Word of God.
    Youneed to submit to it and let God teach you from it.
    It is you that needs to be sorted out, not the Word of God.

kejonn
    Participant

Show me from the “word of God” where the bible is ever called the “word of God”.

kejonn
    Participant

In fact, the bible is never called “the word of God” in its pages, but the Koran does use that title (“Kalamallah”) in its pages. Therefore, are you supporting Koran here? I've never read it but if you say i need to, maybe I should.

kejonn
    Participant

From a book some suppose Paul wrote (though many scholars say “no”):

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
      2Ti 3:17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

“Inspired by” not “written by”, “profitable” not “necessary”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    If you pray about the words of God when it looks as though some cannot be aligned, rather than holding those words up for public mockery, then you may receive the wisdom from God that shows you how it all fits together.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    The Words of God come from the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

We should treat them with the same value as Jesus did
    if we call him Lord.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:10)
    Hi KJ,
    If you pray about the words of God when it looks as though some cannot be aligned, rather than holding those words up for public mockery, then you may receive the wisdom from God that shows you how it all fits together.

Still a bit of philosophy and empty-reasoning. When are you going to actually address the issues?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:19)
    Hi Kj,
    The Words of God come from the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

We should treat them with the same value as Jesus did
    if we call him Lord.

That still does not support the bible being the “word of God”.

Try harder.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,09:21)
    If God is spirit, how did Adam and Eve hear Him walking in the garden? The initial view of God according to the bible was very human it seems.

Hi KJ,
    God is invisible
    God is [a] spirit.
    Does God have form?

Philippians 2:6
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Does God have a soul?

4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

kejonn
    Participant

Heres some clues for ya Nick

Psa 143:10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Luk 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Says NOTHING about the Protestant canon here.

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,16:31)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,22:57)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,15:15)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,21:58)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,14:48)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,21:46)

2 Corinthians 4      
    4:1
    Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;  
    4:2
    But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.  
    4:3
    But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  
    4:4
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.  
    4:5
    For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.  
    4:6
    For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness *, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  
    4:7
    But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.  

Snore. So Paul also had people who doubted HIS gospel.

Hi KJ:

There were some who did not believe then and there are some who will not believe in spite of every thing now.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:  
    John 3:15
    That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.  
    3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  
    3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  
    3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  
    3:19
    And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  
    3:20
    For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither * * cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  

So I must mindlessly believe just because another has written I must?

The Gospel of John presented a different Jesus than the synoptic gospels. Also, the Jesus in GoJ was a very anti-semitic Jesus. How do you explain such discrepancies?

Hi KJ:

You have a “free will” and God will not force you to do anything.  He has just told you that He loves you and that He has made provision for you to be reconciled to Him and have all of your sins forgiven.  You can reject that love for you if that is your desire.

The questions that you are directing at me are your opinions.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! 8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion. 9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

As what you write are yours. Plus, the salvation of the OT does not compare with the salvation of the NT so throwing out Isaiah is comparing apples to oranges. Salvation in the OT was deliverance from physical oppression and that is why the Jews expected such a Messiah. In fact, Jesus even thought he was that Messiah (see Is 61-62). Paul changed the message to spiritual salvation.

Hi KJ:

I can see that you have already made up your mind, and so, I don't see any benefit in my continuing this conversation.

But one thing, you never did answer why, if by virtures those scriptures that you quoted, there was atonement for the sins in the OT without blood, there was Yom Kippur each year?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:24)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,09:21)
    If God is spirit, how did Adam and Eve hear Him walking in the garden? The initial view of God according to the bible was very human it seems.

Hi KJ,
    God is invisible
    God is [a] spirit.
    Does God have form?

Philippians 2:6
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Does God have a soul?

4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

So how did Adam and Eve hear this invisible formless God walk? And are you accepting the trinity now?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 20 2008,19:26)
    Hi KJ:

I can see that you have already made up your mind, and so, I don't see any benefit in my continuing this conversation.

Odd, you seem to be continuing it after all.

But one thing, you never did answer why, if by virtures those scriptures that you quoted, there was atonement for the sins in the OT without blood, there was Yom Kippur each year?

Because some believed one way and some believed another. It is no different than the many different Christian beliefs formulated from the bible today.

Hi 94, welcome to humanity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,12:21)

Hi KJ,

Still a bit of philosophy and empty-reasoning. When are you going to actually address the issues?

Hi KJ,
    Is there a greater issue that the living God and His words?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Holding public court on God and His plans and teachings
    shows a certain lack of awareness of the danger this puts you and your family in.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:30)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,12:21)

Hi KJ,

Hi KJ,
    Is there a greater issue that the living God and His words?

But you still have not shown a shred of evidence that the bible is the living word of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account