Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 17 2007,03:26)
    Stu Latley I have been posting to you and I am really sory that I have because I go against the advice of 2 John 17-11
    So I am going to try to do what is right from scriptures and make this my last post to you. May God help us all. Goodbye again.
    Ms.

Of course you know why these verses were written: because they knew that their fiction would be discovered. They had to say something to keep 'believers' in line. So this passage is all about fear, which is pretty typical in the Christian religion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Yes the fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
    Do you not value God's wisdom?
    Or are you already wise?

Towshab
    Participant

Wise enough to know a book is not all truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    If you would submit to God and accept the bible is greater than your mind then you may find truth.

Towshab
    Participant

Please tell me why words written 2000+ years ago are greater than my mind since they were written by humans, just like me.

IM4Truth
    Participant

They were inspired by God's Holy Spirit and did not have the selfrighteous attitude that you have. That makes them much greater then you. I agree the fear of God is the beginning of widsom. God said fear Him that can distroy both body and Soul.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Because God, the One Who gave you the glorious sunrises, is greater than you and He wrote them through men.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 24 2007,02:24)
    They were inspired by God's Holy Spirit and did not have the selfrighteous attitude that you have. That makes them much greater then you. I agree the fear of God is the beginning of widsom. God said fear Him that can distroy both body and Soul.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

What attitude do they have? What makes you think that every word that an inspired person writes is 100% of G-d? When you feel inspired, is what you so always true?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,02:52)
    Hi Tow,
    Because God, the One Who gave you the glorious sunrises, is greater than you and He wrote them through men.

Then you should read Koran, Urantia Book, The Book of Mormon, Nag Hammadi works, The Bhagavat Gita, Tao De Jing, Watchtower, etc. because they all claim the same inspiration that your OT and GT do. What makes them false and what you adhere to true? The Koran is true to almost as many people as the OT and GT.

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 25 2007,00:19)

Hi Tow,

Then you should read Koran, Urantia Book, The Book of Mormon, Nag Hammadi works, The Bhagavat Gita, Tao De Jing, Watchtower, etc. because they all claim the same inspiration that your OT and GT do. What makes them false and what you adhere to true? The Koran is true to almost as many people as the OT and GT.

Tow

I noticed you said…”Your OT”!

I thought the Torah and the Tanakh was about your “your god”.

Yet you speak for others gods and writings.

Why are you not out there defending your god, And the OT which you dont believe, against the others?

I think the answer is obvious!

You preach from writings that you dont believe are from God.

What credibility does that give you?

Especially when you claim to be fighting for the Jews, who actually believe those writings!

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,

Hi Tow,
    I have read of many of them but instead of the glorious taste of the heavenly bread they are dry and unpalatable fare.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,11:36)

Hi Tow,

Hi Tow,
    I have read of many of them but instead of the glorious taste of the heavenly bread they are dry and unpalatable fare.

Hey, so now you know how Jews (and I) view your GT. Welcome to the club!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Should you be reborn from above you too would taste and see that the Lord is good
    and His words the bread of heaven.

Towshab
    Participant

'reborn from above' = 'start believing that which is not supported in Tanakh'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Faith in God is the beginning but Christ has come and faith in him is the door.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 25 2007,03:55)

Hi Tow,

Tow

Why are you not out there defending your god, And the OT which you dont believe, against the others?

Especially when you claim to be fighting for the Jews, who actually believe those writings!

TOW

Hello!

I am still here!

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 24 2007,10:55)

Hi Tow,

Tow

Yes, yours because Jews and those who do not believe that G-d has brought the new covenant yet will not call your biased translation of the Hebrew scripture 'ours'. We would much rather call it Tanakh, and we prefer the translations by real Hebrew scholars with no Christian bias.

My G-d is YHVH. You're god is Jesus and his dad, whoever that it.

Because none of the others base their religion on a biased translation of Tanakh and then turn G-d into a man. The only one religion that uses some Tanakh is Islam, and even then, they never say their prophet was a god-man, the son of G-d, or speak of a trinity that involves. G-d.

Although you and Nick try to show it, I do not disbelieve the Tanakh. I just disbelieve parts that are obviously written out of men's evil hearts.

Not all of them. Many Reform and Reconstructionist Jews feel much as I do.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,14:05)
    Hi Tow,

So you could have faith in G-d like Abraham did, but there was no access to G-d before Jesus?

Tell the Jews.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 25 2007,11:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 24 2007,10:55)

Hi Tow,

Tow

Yes, yours because Jews and those who do not believe that G-d has brought the new covenant yet will not call your biased translation of the Hebrew scripture 'ours'. We would much rather call it Tanakh, and we prefer the translations by real Hebrew scholars with no Christian bias.

My G-d is YHVH. You're god is Jesus and his dad, whoever that it.

Because none of the others base their religion on a biased translation of Tanakh and then turn G-d into a man. The only one religion that uses some Tanakh is Islam, and even then, they never say their prophet was a god-man, the son of G-d, or speak of a trinity that involves. G-d.

Although you and Nick try to show it, I do not disbelieve the Tanakh. I just disbelieve parts that are obviously written out of men's evil hearts.

Not all of them. Many Reform and Reconstructionist Jews feel much as I do.

Hi Tow,
    Was the miracle of Elisha raising the dead
    written out of evil men's hearts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 25 2007,11:02)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,14:05)
    Hi Tow,

So you could have faith in G-d like Abraham did, but there was no access to G-d before Jesus?

Tell the Jews.

Hi Tow,
    Before Jesus the access to the presence of God was through the priests.
    Now that the temple curtain of Christ's body has been torn all in Christ have access to the Father through the Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account