Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So your God is not powerful enough to work through men?

kejonn
    Participant

2Co 11:8 I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you;

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,20:33)
    Hi KJ,

I don't rely on men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Phil 1
    12But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

13So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

14And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

15Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

16The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

17But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

18What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

19For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

So Paul graciously allows that despite the bad motives of other servants he was happy that at least the Word was being preached even if their attitudes caused him unnecessary suffering.

kejonn
    Participant

Gal 5:2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
      Gal 5:3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Odd, isn't it?

Luk 2:21 And when eight days had passed, before His circumcision, His name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
      Luk 2:22 And when the days for their purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:35)
    2Co 11:8  I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you;

Hi KJ,
    2cor11

5For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

6But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

7Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

8I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

9And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself. '

So because of the miserly support from the Corinthians Paul had to accept more than he normally would from the generous Macedonians to enable him to continue to preach the gospel.

kejonn
    Participant

Truthfully, I have nothing against Paul. I'm just lowering him to the same notch of humanity as the rest of us so you'll quit worshiping him.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,20:42)

Hi KJ,
    2cor11

6But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

7Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

9And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself. '

So because of the miserly support from the Corinthians Paul had to accept more than he normally would from the generous Macedonians to enable him to continue to preach the gospel.

Exo 20:15 “You shall not steal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:36)

Hi KJ,

I don't rely on men.

Hi KJ,
    You do need to know God's anointed servants.
    Otherwise you are alone with no supporters
    and there is a great gap between you and God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:41)

Gal 5:2  Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
      Gal 5:3  And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Odd, isn't it?

Luk 2:21  And when eight days had passed, before His circumcision, His name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
      Luk 2:22  And when the days for their purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord

Hi KJ,
    Not at all.
    Christ was born a Jew under the Law and he perfectly obeyed it's demands.
    Now, under the new covenant, we have the new circumcision of baptism [coll 2.11.]

kejonn
    Participant

The OT says

Lev 19:11 'You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Paul says

Rom 3:7 But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner?

Just showing Paul was a faulty human. Knock him off that pedestal and just admit he was a great teacher with his own set of faults.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:44)

2Co 11:8  I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you;

Hi KJ,
    2cor11

Exo 20:15  “You shall not steal.

Hi KJ,
    So do you really believe Paul was a thief?
    You can judge this proven servant?
    hmmm

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,20:44)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:36)

Hi KJ,

I don't rely on men.

Hi KJ,
    You do need to know God's anointed servants.
    Otherwise you are alone with no supporters
    and there is a great gap between you and God.

Your words, your opinion, no supporting evidence.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Beware of attacking the Spirit of God that inspired Paul.
    That is not good for your long term wellbeing.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,20:49)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:44)

Hi KJ,
    2cor11

Exo 20:15 “You shall not steal.

Hi KJ,
    So do you really believe Paul was a thief?
    You can judge this proven servant?
    hmmm

Paul said he robbed so I am not judging. Blame Paul not me.

rob:

1. Law. To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.
    2. To take valuable or desired articles unlawfully from: rob a bank.
    1. To deprive unjustly of something belonging to, desired by, or legally due (someone): robbed her of her professional standing.
    2. To deprive of something injuriously: a parasite that robs a tree of its sap.
    4. To take as booty; steal.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,20:50)
    Hi KJ,

If I say something about your character, am I then automatically attacking the spirit of God? How then am I attacking the spirit of God by saying Paul was very human and messed up like the rest of us?

Who do you worship, God, Jesus, or Paul? Or is that your trinity?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So you would find the loving servant of God an evil man and be scandalised by his ironic comment.
    What if you read how he thought the ones upsetting the Galatians by demanding circumcision would go further and mutilate themselves![Gal 5.12]
    Surely you must be horrified and call in the guards and have him tried for worse crimes?
    Wake up dude

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:55)

Hi KJ,

If I say something about your character, am I then automatically attacking the spirit of God? How then am I attacking the spirit of God by saying Paul was very human and messed up like the rest of us?

Hi KJ,
    It would be better if you showed the respect due to God's servants if you ever expect any yourself.
    Christ is a vine and they are branches who support you.
    So do not abuse them.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,21:00)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:55)

Hi KJ,

Hi KJ,
    It would be better if you showed the respect due to God's servants if you ever expect any yourself.
    Christ is a vine and they are branches who support you.
    So do not abuse them.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

No man is greater or lesser than another.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2008,20:57)
    Hi KJ,
    So you would find the loving servant of God an evil man and be scandalised by his ironic comment.
    What if you read how he thought the ones upsetting the Galatians by demanding circumcision would go further and mutilate themselves![Gal 5.12]
    Surely you must be horrified and call in the guards and have him tried for worse crimes?
    Wake up dude

So if I find his human flaws then I believe he is then evil? If so, all of us are. We might as well quit and pack up our bags 'cause we're all on a highway to hell.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account