Trinity – t8's proof text #3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    We already have a God
    We do not make the Son of God another god FOR US.
    That would surely be polytheism and idolatry.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2007,10:13)
    Hi W,
    We already have a God

NH

There is Only “One Lord” and One God, How many do you have?

You cant serve two masters. You call Jesus your lord and master!

That is Idolatry!

:O

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2007,10:13)
    Hi W,
    We already have a God

NH

You have called out to another to save you. Sad, that you believe the one you have called out to is just a man like you and I!

What Jesus do you serve NH?

The Lord from heaven or another anointed prophet?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You should obey God.
    It is written Who is our God and who is our Lord.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2007,10:38)
    Hi W,
    You should obey God.
    It is written Who is our God and who is our Lord.

NH

As I said you serve two masters!

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    If you just stuck with what is written all your contortionist acts would not be necessary. But sadly I suppose you must follow your tradition.

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ June 05 2007,02:33)
    We have already established that Jesus of Nazareth is the Jehovah of the Old Testament. Consider now how Isaiah saw the Lord (Jesus) as described in Isaiah 6.

Isa 6:1  In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
    Isa 6:2  Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
    Isa 6:3  And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
    Isa 6:4  And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
    Isa 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD (Jehovah) of hosts.

We have already established the fact that no man has seen the Father at anytime and therefore that the Lord whom Isaiah saw can have been none other than Jesus Christ.

Also, he says in verse 5 that he saw the King, the Lord of Hosts. Isaiah then tells what happened to him when he was overcome with his own unworthiness by his witnessing the holiness and glory of the Lord Jesus (Jehovah). He received a commission to go and speak to his own people even though they would not listen.

Will the arians on this forum ever listen to the words of scripture?

Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
    :O

Hi CB:

It takes a while to sort through your posts in that they are generally so long.  I'll try to answer give you my answers on Thursday night.

God Bless

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 04 2007,21:11)
    I asked you if the only GOD is invisible which is the topic at hand.

And your final answer is YES and NO.

If you read my post carefully you'll see that I did give you a yes or no answer. I did have to qualify it though, to remain scripturally faithful and so I wouldn't be party to the excluded middle (or false dichotomy) fallacy you invoked. It's true that YHWH is invisible and it's also true that YHWH is sometimes visible. Both are true. Deal with it. It's a shame that you allow a pressupposition to run roughshod over clear biblical realities t8. YHWH has been seen, if you deny this then you deny scripture.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18
    Colossians 1:15
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    1 Timothy 1:17
    Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
    Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 04 2007,21:11)
    Never mind for now that there are Old Testament scriptures that say that men saw God, you have to admit that as it stands now, you disagree strongly with John, Paul, and Timothy.

Just admit that you have a problem here and do not have the answer or tell me why John, Paul, and Timothy believed differently to you. If we can get to the bottom of this, then we are in a better position to move on.

T8,
    Where in the Bible do we read about what Timothy believed here? He didn't actually write anything in the NT, remember??

Probably not.

I'm sure they believed the same as John and Yeshua, no one has seen the Father. It's also likely that they believed the patriachs (and YHWH!!) when they affirmed that YHWH has been seen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Is God so small that men can see Him?

Participant

Is YHWH so impotent that He can't appear in a form that men can see?

“Is anything too difficult for the LORD?” (Gen 18:14)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    So if God appeared to men would God still be in heaven?

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 04 2007,20:37)
    “For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them” (Mt 18:20)

Have you even seen Yeshua at a prayer meeting you attended?

NH, T8 refused to answer this question. What are your thoughts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    No. Not seen. But the voice of the Son of God is sometimes heard through his prophets there.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2007,20:36)
    Hi Is 1.18,

Is YHWH so impotent that He can't be in more places than one?

NH, you often accuse others of having a “small God” but I think you should be looking at your own beliefs about God. You've imposed a lot of unbiblical restrictions on YHWH.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2007,20:38)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    No. Not seen. But the voice of the Son of God is sometimes heard through his prophets there.

I'm not sure how this relates to my question, but on that topic how do you interpret this verse:

Exodus 6:2-3
    2 God spoke further to Moses and said to him, “I am the LORD;3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I did not make myself known to them.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 05 2007,20:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2007,20:36)
    Hi Is 1.18,

Is YHWH so impotent that He can't be in more places than one?

NH, you often accuse others of having a “small God” but I think you should be looking at your own beliefs about God. You've imposed a lot of unbiblical restrictions on YHWH.

Hi Is 1.18,
    We are talking about SEEING God here not His ability to BE in many places by His Spirit.
    Ps 139
    “6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. “
    Acts 17
    “24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. “

Participant

…waiting for you to directly answer a question….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is I 18
    Exodus 6:2-3
    “2 God spoke further to Moses and said to him, “I am the LORD;3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I did not make myself known to them.”

So God in heaven manifested himself on earth.
    No problem.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account