Trinity – t8's proof text #1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2007,16:30)
    Hi and welcome OLB,
    We did have one trinitarian who said when you pray you never know whicjh member of the trinity would take the call!
    It is a load of cobblers and a distraction from good bible learning

:laugh:

Welcome Sister just hang around you'll like it here it's like no other :laugh:

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 03 2007,03:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2007,08:48)
    Hi W,
    You say
    “One Spirit, Three persons, One God!”
    Is this written
    or did you deduce it.

Have you gone back to three deities after only espousing two?

NH

There is only “One God”. Since we know that God is Spirit and there is only “One Spirit” and the Spirit is God and Jesus is that Spirit, and that “God alone” created all things, and that By Jesus “All' things were created and without him was not anything created that was created then we know that Jesus is God!

:D

In other words here is your Creed:

====
    There is 1 God.
    There is 1 Spirit

The Father is Spirit
    The Son is Spirit
    The Holy Spirit is Spirit

Not 3 Spirits but One Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is 100% Spirit, same with the Father and the son.

And God is not 300% Spirit but 100%.

Cursed is the man who thinks God is 300% anything.
    Cursed is the man who thinks any member of the God substance is 33.33333%
    ====

OK, WJ. I give you this creed for nothing. You can have it. I think it best describes what you said, teach, and believe.

It's all yours.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

The thing is WJ is that the Trinity Doctrine has failed. It is not logical.

If you are going to devise a theory about anything, it needs to be logical or it has failed.

Yes God is beyond our thinking, but if you devise a theory, it needs to be comprehensible.

After all, scripture makes it plain that understanding is important. That is why prophecy is a greater gift than tongues.

A theory that defies basic logic is a failed theory.

E.g., 1 + 1 =5 is a failure.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 06 2007,16:40)

E.g., 1 + 1 =5 is a failure.

Basic logic is therefore:

1+1 = 2

“Basic Logic” is what we understand as being the norm, common, or what is expected.

Right?

Basic logic tells us that we did not preexist our births.

Right?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Could anyone imagine a person being taken seriously if they claimed to a be a knowledgeable scientist or person, and said that the Venus, the Earth, and Mars were all one planet because they had the same physical makeup.

Imagine if they came up with a theory that said, these 3 globes are one planet. Each of the 3 globes are all 100% planet, yet all 3 are one planet. Cursed be the man who says that there are 3 planets.

Venus is 100% planet, Earth is 100% planet, and Mars is 100% planet. But not 3 planets but 1.

Well the sad thing is that I read this kind of embarrassing foolishness nearly every time I visit these forums. Has not God made their wisdom into foolishness, especially when they profess to be wise.

Their nakedness is there for all to see. Yet they keep shamefully saying the same ridiculous things with no shame, because they are truly ignorant and blind to their true state.

These same kind of people also persecuted Copernicus many years ago for daring to say that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way round. Their shame is also exposed to us who live in their future. In hindsight we know how foolish were those that killed Copernicus and what a shame they brought on themselves.

Those nasty people burned him at the stake and guess what, I too would be burned at the stake for not believing this Trinity crap if I lived back then.

I forgive such people and pray that the true God would open their eyes, if only to cover their shame with his love.

But I also pray that we never go back to those dark ages and that we who are the light of the world will shine the light for all to see.

The light overcomes darkness. Never let us forget that.

OneLadyBand
    Participant

Hi W,
    Luke 4 1And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness If Jesus was the Spirit was he filled with himself?

OLB/Mary> An excellent question. However, in speaking with trinitarians over the years, they will respond to you that Jesus ISN”T the Father, or the Spirit, but is himself alone. It seems that the term, “Almighty God” encompasses the three, to them. The term, “Almghty God” is like a title, and not the embodiment of a PERSON.

I object to that understanding, however, for these reasons:
    In scripture, no matter what translation you use, “Almighty God” is proven to be the Father only. Please follow these identifying scriptures to their logical concluion:

“Jehovah”/YHWH IS Almighty God:
    Gen 17:1 ASV: “Jehovah…I am God ALmighty…”
    Exodus 6:2,3 ASV: “God…I am Jehovah…”

“Jehovah/YHWH” is also the “Most High”:
    Psalm 83:18 KJV: “Jehovah…art the Most High…”

The Most High, in turn,is identified as “Father”:
    Luke 1:31,32 ASV: “…bring forth a son…Son of the Most High…”

The Father, in turn, is identified as Jehovah, whom we learned above is Almighty God:
    Isaiah 64:8 ASV: “…Jehovah, thou art our Father…”
    Isaia 63:16 ASV “…thou art our Father…O Jehovah, artour Father…”

and this is repeated in the NT for Christians: 2 Corinthians 6:18 ASV “…Father…Lord ALmighty.”

So, you see, these identifying scriptues lead to a conclusion; Almighty GOd is the person of YHWH/Jehovah, who is the Father. Trinitarians state vehemently that Jesus IS NOT the Father, yet they claim he is ALmighty God. But ALmighty God is the Father, according to these scriptures.

Also, as I said in my first post, I would like to see a trinitarian explain to me HOW they can worship three PERSONS, as a persn is an individual being, who are all EQUAL, yet not be breaking the first commandment. No one has explained that to me yet, aside from that I must have “faith” in the “mysteries” of God.
    I digress.

: )
    Mary

OneLadyBand
    Participant

NH
    WJ-There is only “One God”.
    Mary> One ALMIGHTY God, agreed, and that “one” ALMIGHTY God is a singular being, according to Hebrew teaching and first century Christian teaching.

WJ>Since we know that God is Spirit
    Mary>>Yes, the Bible says that God is A Spirit, meaning a spirit BEING: see John 4:24 KJV. He is A spirit, a singular being, one singular entity, according to the Bible.

WJ>and there is only “One Spirit”
    Mary> God possesses the Holy Spirit. It is God's “spirit” or life-power which makes all living things alive. It is what makes man live, and is sustained in our bodies by breathing. (Ecclesiastes 3:19)

Many scriptures show that the spirit is a power that God uses to accomplish his will, be it in creation, or how he uses this power by drawing us to Him.

The word, “spirit” in the Bible is used in several ways, however, and we shouldn't confuse their obvious intended expression. Some scriptures use it to describe an invisible being an angel, and some show it as a dominant mental attitud, for good or bad.

A literal “spirit” being is an angel. Jesus Christ is also said to be a spirit, he being LIKE HIS GOD/Father (1 Peter 3:18; 1 Corin. 15:44) God is said to be “A Spirit” (Jn
    4:24)

WJ>and the Spirit is God and Jesus is that Spirit,
    Mary>>>This is a departure from trinitarian thought as I have heard it, and I've been writing posts on AOL boards for 10 yrs.
    Most trinitarians say that the Spirit IS NOT Jesus. If “God” were the Spirit, and Jesus is that same spirit, then that leaves Jesus BEING the Father as well, because Jn 17:20 and 20:17 show that the Father is JESUS' GOD.
    How do you get around that?

WJ>and that “God alone” created all things, and that By Jesus “All' things were created and without him was not anything created that was created then we know that Jesus is God!

Mary>>>My undersanding is that Almighty God “alone” created Jesus, (Revelation 3:14; Colossians 1:15) then bestowed his Holy Spirit of power and authority upon his first Son, and his Son, then, went on as an instrument of HIS GOD to create angelic life and the physical universe. And, the scriptures do say that it was “THROUGH” Jesus that the universe was made.

WJ>Jesus is God
    Mary>The word “god,” if you look up the meaning of it in a theological dictionary, means a “person of authority.” It is not EXCLUSIVELY used of Almighty God.
    So,in your statement above, I ask you WHICH “GOD” is “Jesus”? IS he Almighty God, to you?
    To me, the “God” Jesus is, in Jn 1:1, is “Mighty God” of Isa 9:6, Almighty God's SON, who works UNDER THE AUTHORITY of the one whom HE CALLS “MY GOD,” even now, after he has gone back up to heaven exalted (Revelation 3:12; Heb. 1:9).
    It's all right to call Jesus “God,” but he is NOT to be understood as being Almighty God, for the scriptures never display him as such.

Mary/OLB : )

Boni
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 06 2007,23:18)
    Could anyone imagine a person being taken seriously if they claimed to a be a knowledgeable scientist or person, and said that the Venus, the Earth, and Mars were all one planet because they had the same physical makeup.

Imagine if they came up with a theory that said, these 3 globes are one planet. Each of the 3 globes are all 100% planet, yet all 3 are one planet. Cursed be the man who says that there are 3 planets.

Venus is 100% planet, Earth is 100% planet, and Mars is 100% planet. But not 3 planets but 1.

Well the sad thing is that I read this kind of embarrassing foolishness nearly every time I visit these forums. Has not God made their wisdom into foolishness, especially when they profess to be wise.

Their nakedness is there for all to see. Yet they keep shamefully saying the same ridiculous things with no shame, because they are truly ignorant and blind to their true state.

These same kind of people also persecuted Copernicus many years ago for daring to say that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way round. Their shame is also exposed to us who live in their future. In hindsight we know how foolish were those that killed Copernicus and what a shame they brought on themselves.  

Those nasty people burned him at the stake and guess what, I too would be burned at the stake for not believing this Trinity crap if I lived back then.

I forgive such people and pray that the true God would open their eyes, if only to cover their shame with his love.

But I also pray that we never go back to those dark ages and that we who are the light of the world will shine the light for all to see.

Hi. I'm new and this is my first post. So, hello everyone.

T8, that is an excellent analogy!

OneLadyBand
    Participant

I want to expound just a bit on something I said earlier, which is an important point AGAINST the EQUALTY of the triune-God doctrine.

In John 20:17, Jesus uses the term, “MY GOD,” and “MY FATHER,” showing that he HAS A GOD, just like you and I.
    Are WE equal to the one WE address as “MY GOD”? Of course not, and neither is Jesus.

Some may object that this was only when Jesus was on earth that he needed a God. However, several scriptures appear that show Jesus calling Almighty God “MY GOD” even after his death on earth and exalted resurrection back to heaven.

Revelation 3:12 KJV

“Him that overcometh I will make a pillar in the temple of 'MY GOD,' and he shall go no more out; and I will write upon him the 'NAME OF MY GOD' and the name of the city of 'MY GOD', which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from 'MY GOD'; and I will write upon him my new name.”

Four times in the vs above, Jesus calls God “MY GOD,” showing that, even now as Jesus stands up as King of HIS FATHER'S KINGDOM, he STILL look to Him as being HIS GOD, just as we do!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Boni @ July 07 2007,04:01)

Quote (t8 @ July 06 2007,23:18)

Hi. I'm new and this is my first post. So, hello everyone.

T8, that is an excellent analogy!

Hi and welcome boni,
    good posts too Mary-thanks

OneLadyBand
    Participant

Your doctrine does not align with the Monotheistic Hebrew scriptures.
    There is no other “god” beside him t8.
    Look…
    WJ>
    Isa 43:10
    Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Mary>>The scriptures in the Hebrew books of the Bible say that Almighty God has no one “before” him, which means that no one existed before HE existed, and no one “beside” him, meaning as his EQUAL.
    When he said “neither shall there be after me” means that no one will come along in the future who will ever be EQUAL TO him.

That's what all those scriptures are about–one single entity with no one equal to Him.
    The ONE (echad–“one, a number”) ALMIGHTY GOD is here saying that NO ONE has ever been equal to him in any way, and NO ONE will ever be equal to him in any way AFTER him.
    This is not including those whom HE HIMSELF allowed to be called “gods,” such as the judges of ancient Israel (John 10:30+)
    Those whom the Alimighty himself called “gods” were not in opposition to him, but were under his tutelage, his authority, and worked along WITH him. Among those who worked along WITH him, whom he allowed to be called by the term “God” is his first creation, his Son, Jesus Christ (Col 1:15; Rev 3:14, Isa 9:6)

Trinity doctrine disallows one to stick to the strict monotheistic belief in ONE SUPREME ALL-MIGHTY God.

HOW can you have three separate DISTINCT PERSONS who are ALL EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER and yet claim to worship ONE GOD? It does not fit, because IF you have three EQUAL “persons” then you have three EQUAL “gods.”

: ) Mary

OneLadyBand
    Participant

“PROSKUNEO” usage:

The Greek word proskuneo, rendered “worship” at Hebrews 1:6, is used at Psalm 97:7 in the Septuagint for the Hebrew term, “sha·chah´”, which means “to bow down.” Bowing down is an acceptable and expected act showing respect for other men. (Genesis 23:7; 1 Samuel 24:8; 2 Kings 2:15) Or it can relate to worship of the true God. It can also be wrongly directed to false gods.-Exodus 23:24; 24:1; 34:14; Deuteronomy 8:19.

Usually proskuneo shown to Jesus is the same as bowing down to kings and others. (Matthew 2:2, 8; 8:2; 9:18; 15:25; 20:20 with 1 Samuel 25:23, 24; 2 Samuel 14:4-7; 1 Kings 1:16; 2 Kings 4:36, 37.)
    This bowing down, or obeisance is rendered to Jesus not as IF HE WERE Almighty God but as he correctly is, “God's Son.”-Matthew 14:32, 33; Luke 24:50-52; John 9:35, 38.

Jesus always had and always will be under the authority of the one whom he addresses as “MY GOD” in Rev 3:12; Heb 1:9; John 20:17.

Hebrews 1:6 relates to Jesus' position under HIS GOD's authority. (Philippians 2:9-11) (If he were not continuing subject TO HIS GOD, even as we speak, he would not be addressing him AS “MY GOD”–Rev 3:12; Heb 1:9).

Here some versions render proskuneo as “pay…homage” (The New English Bible), or “bow before” (An American Translation).
    If one prefers the rendering “worship,” such “worship” is relative. We know this because of what Jesus told Satan:
    “Thou shalt worship [a form of proskuneo] the Lord thy God and him ONLY shalt thou serve”–KJV
    Matt. 4:8-10.

Though Psalm 97:7, which speaks about worshiping God, was applied to Christ at Hebrews 1:6, Paul had shown that the resurrected Jesus is “the reflection of [God's] glory and the exact representation of his very being.” (Hebrews 1:1-3) So any “worship” the angels give God's Son is relative and is directed through him to HIS GOD, YHWH.

OneLadyBand
    Participant

The scriptures you quote are post ressurection, after his coming in the flesh.
    You make inference again. You have no scripture that says Jesus was a “man” with God from eternity!

Mary>>>I would disagree with Jesus being a man from his coming into being as well. There are no flesh and blood “men” in heaven, only spirit beings.

WJ>You betray your own words.
    Do you change your mind regularly NH?
    Listen to your own words you not to long ago said…
    Hi W,
    The Word WAS God.
    He is now the Son of God
    Do you really think he still is God?

Mary>>>If you research the real meaning of the term “god” you will find that a “god” refers to ANY person of authority, and can be relative in rank, good, bad, false or true, person or thing.

There are “gods” who are false, that people worship ahead of Almighty God. These are “gods” such as Dagon and Marduk, drugs and alcohol, and even one's own belly can be their “god.”
    Any person, image, or thing can be a “god” according to how one views it.

And, I agree that Jesus was NOT the “GOD” he was WITH in Jn 1:1.

So, I ask you trinitarians, since it doesnt say he was Almighty God, then WHICH “God” WAS he?
    I maintain that he was and IS “Mighty God” (Isa 9:6) under the authority of the HIS GOD/Father, the ALL-mighty God YHWH. (Isa 63:16;64:8; 2 Corin 6:18)

So was he both God and man from eternity?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (OneLadyBand @ July 07 2007,07:36)
    Your doctrine does not align with the Monotheistic Hebrew scriptures.
    There is no other “god” beside him t8.

Welcome to these forums OneLadyBand.

I am not sure what doctrine you are talking about?

I don't believe the Trinity doctrine.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2007,16:30)
    Hi and welcome OLB,
    We did have one trinitarian who said when you pray you never know whicjh member of the trinity would take the call!

Going by the way some pray due to Trinity indoctrination, it seems to be the case from what I have observed.

OneLadyBand
    Participant

I read where someone mentioned how the universe was created, citing the scripture that said YHWH did it “alone.”
    In my endeavor to understand the context of the Bible as a whole, having once been a trinity-believer and since then studied many translations and come to the conclusion against the doctrine, I consider how Almighty God could have created it all “alone,” and yet created it “through” his Son, as other scriptures say.

As many words express various meanins considering how they are applied, the word “through” applies to both the Father and the Son in different ways:

It applies to the Father, as creation took place through him as him being the source of it, the one who purposed it, then worked to bring it to fruition.

The word “through” applies to the Son in that creation took place through him as him being the instrument used by the source.

The same word can be used, however, the meaning, the position of those two involved, is not the same. If one questions that fact, 1 Corinthians 8:6 really takes away any confusion, showing that the “one God” (Jn 17:3) “the Father,” obviously be a wholly separate and distinct being from the “one Lord, Jesus Christ”.

” ….. yet for us there is ONE GOD, THE FATHER, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, AND ONE Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM are all things and through whom we exist.”
    –Luke 1:31,32, John 20:17

Mary : )

OneLadyBand
    Participant

Quote Nick Hassan
    Hi and welcome OLB,

Going by the way some pray due to Trinity indoctrination, it seems to be the case from what I have observed.

Mary>>
    So, according to that, when we pray, we never know which one of the three “picks up the phone”? I wonder how they distinguish which one gets it, considering that Jesus, in Matthew 6, instructed Christians to pray TO THE FATHER in HIS name, not even mentioning the Holy spirit at all. Someone is taking the Father's “calls” illegally!

See, this is what is so confusing about trinity doctrine:
    Most of the scriptures that trinitarians use to prove it only mention two, and leave out the Holy spirit, which, at best, would indicate some kind of duality rather than trinity. For trinity, obviously, three is needed.
    Nor does any legitimate, non-spurious text mention anything like all three being separate and distinct AND EQUAL. On the other hand, there are numerous scriptures which clearly describe Jesus' INEQUALITY to HIS GOD/Father, even AFTER he went back to heaven EXALTED, such as Rev 3:12 and Heb 1:9, in which Jesus himself clearly has someone whom he addresses as “MY GOD.”
    Does God the Father Almighty have anyone whom HE addresses as “MY GOD?” No!

Quote (OneLadyBand @ July 08 2007,02:19)
    I read where someone mentioned how the universe was created, citing the scripture that said YHWH did it “alone.”  
    In my endeavor to understand the context of the Bible as a whole, having once been a trinity-believer and since then studied many translations and come to the conclusion against the doctrine, I consider how Almighty God could have created it all “alone,” and yet created it “through” his Son, as other scriptures say.

As many words express various meanins considering how they are applied, the word “through” applies to both the Father and the Son in different ways:

It applies to the Father, as creation took place through him as him being the source of it, the one who purposed it, then worked to bring it to fruition.

The word “through” applies to the Son in that creation took place through him as him being the instrument used by the source.

The same word can be used, however, the meaning, the position of those two involved, is not the same.  If one questions that fact, 1 Corinthians 8:6 really takes away any confusion, showing that the “one God” (Jn 17:3) “the Father,” obviously be a wholly separate and distinct being from the “one Lord, Jesus Christ”.  

” ….. yet for us there is ONE GOD, THE FATHER, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, AND ONE Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM are all things and through whom we exist.”
    –Luke 1:31,32, John 20:17

Mary : )

OLB

You say…

So “Alone” and “By myself” dosnt mean “Alone” and “By myself”?

Isa 44:24
    Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; *that stretcheth forth the heavens alone*; that spreadeth abroad the earth *by myself*;

Isa 45:18
    For thus saith the *LORD that created the heavens; *God himself* that formed the earth and made it*; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and *there is none else*.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Huge effort is made by some to try to establish a deity status for our Lord.
    Then it is used to try to justify accepting a nonbiblical doctrine called trinity.

The “third person” rarely is given any press.
    Yet without three gods it is a binity theory.

hogwash

Quote (t8 @ July 06 2007,16:37)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 03 2007,03:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2007,08:48)
    Hi W,
    You say
    “One Spirit, Three persons, One God!”
    Is this written
    or did you deduce it.

Have you gone back to three deities after only espousing two?

NH

There is only “One God”. Since we know that God is Spirit and there is only “One Spirit” and the Spirit is God and Jesus is that Spirit, and that “God alone” created all things, and that By Jesus “All' things were created and without him was not anything created that was created then we know that Jesus is God!

In other words here is your Creed:

====
    There is 1 God.
    There is 1 Spirit

The Father is Spirit
    The Son is Spirit
    The Holy Spirit is Spirit

Not 3 Spirits but One Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is 100% Spirit, same with the Father and the son.

And God is not 300% Spirit but 100%.

Cursed is the man who thinks God is 300% anything.
    Cursed is the man who thinks any member of the God substance is 33.33333%
    ====

OK, WJ. I give you this creed for nothing. You can have it. I think it best describes what you said, teach, and believe.

It's all yours.

t8

And here is your creed!

There is 1 God!
    There is a smaller god!
    There is a Spirit! (which is what God is)

The Father is a Spirit
    The Son is a Spirit
    The Holy Spirit is what God is!

Not 1 Spirit, but 2 Spirits and a “what God is”!

The Spirit is 100% “what God is”.

And the lessor god, Jesus who is the other Spirit, came to dwell in us!

Through the lessor god, the Bigger God made all things.

Cursed is the man who thinks there is another god beside God!
    Cursed is the man that thinks there is another god like him!
    Cursed is the man who says that God made all things through a lessor god than himself!

God is sextillion percent God!  1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 %

:O

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 946 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account