Trinity – t8's proof text #1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Fair treatment?

These forums are open to anyone so long as they do not abuse other members.

You can say what you want about a mans doctrine.

Iron sharpens iron.

I agree with Nick in a lot of things, but I know that we have our differences too. It isn't a conspiracy. I am open where I differ with anyone including Nick.

If I appear biased then it is in reality just me agreeing with what has been said. No more no less.

Is Christ divided? Are you a follow Paul or Apollos?

Come on guys, such division is silly.

The only division is truth and lies, light and darkness.

It is up to us to choose wisely.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 25 2007,10:25)
    I just didnt understand your reaction in defending t8, in light of his response and critical words toward Isaiah.

Sounds like a school yard to me.

Gangs ganging up and complaining when it happens.

Come on WJ. It is not about sticking up for people and ganging up on others. What a joke.

It is simply putting mens doctrine on trial. Judgement is made using scripture that is all. If a man agrees with another it is not meant to be taken that he endorses that person full stop.

You can agree on what a person says if you truly agree with it. Simple. If you don't agree, then you give your reasons. Simple again.

Honestly just throw away this gang mentality and belief in a conspiracy. I have said it before, there is no conspiracy.

If it appears that there are people united against anyone, then that could be the work of the spirit. i.e., those who know the truth saying the same thing. There is no secret meetings where people conspire against others.

Well if there is, then I don't know about it.

Quote (t8 @ May 05 2007,22:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 25 2007,10:25)
    I just didnt understand your reaction in defending t8, in light of his response and critical words toward Isaiah.

Sounds like a school yard to me.

Gangs ganging up and complaining when it happens.

Come on WJ. It is not about sticking up for people and ganging up on others. What a joke.

It is simply putting mens doctrine on trial. Judgement is made using scripture that is all. If a man agrees with another it is not meant to be taken that he endorses that person full stop.

You can agree on what a person says if you truly agree with it. Simple. If you don't agree, then you give your reasons. Simple again.

Honestly just throw away this gang mentality and belief in a conspiracy. I have said it before, there is no conspiracy.

If it appears that there are people united against anyone, then that could be the work of the spirit. i.e., those who know the truth saying the same thing. There is no secret meetings where people conspire against others.

Well if there is, then I don't know about it.

t8

Just pointing out the hypocrisy thats all.

I think you just like being contentious.

Were you one of those kids that started fights between people in school, and then cowardly stood back and watched while they had it out?

???

:D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Not at all. I have hated violence all my life.
    Why do you ask, were you?

What hypocrisy are you talking about?

Your not going to start accusing us of being hypocrites now? That would be a serious charge and accusation to make considering what scripture says about hypocrites.

How about you slay us with the word of God instead of your accusing tongue. I don't mind being stabbed by the Word of God, but as for the tongue of an accuser, well they only judge themselves when they speak harshly toward us.

Who is us? Well 'us' believe the following:

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The above says that there is but one God the Father. (There are no commas in the Greek)

There is also but one God the Son

There is also but one God the Holy Spirit.

It also says  “and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,”

Do you believe that the Father is also Lord?

Did I hear yes?

Likewise Jesus is also God.

Joh 9:41  Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say
    “There is also but one God the Son

There is also but one God the Holy Spirit.”
    You step out on a plank of your own understanding.
    Can you not find scriptures that says these things, and then puts them all together as a trinity?
    Then do not trust your own understanding.

Pr 3
    “5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. “

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ May 07 2007,20:28)
    t8

The above says that there is but one God the Father. (There are no commas in the Greek)

It also says “and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,”

Did I hear yes?

Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. :O

Like I said in another discussion CultB. You change the word of God to suit your philosophy and you do not seem to grasp that the word lord in this verse is a completely different word to the word LORD in the Old Testament. That word is YHWH.

But you mix them up because it suits your man-made doctrine.

God has sent people to you to show you these errors. It is up to you to let go of your pride and admit that you need to align yourself with the truth. Only you can make that decision.

Paul teaches that there is one God, the Father, and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. You say that there is one God the Father, Son, & Spirit and one Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Father, Lord Spirit.

You need to repent of this. You teach against Paul the apostle. Christ made Saul blind in order that he could see and he became Paul. You teach against him and I suspect that you to need to become blind in order that you may see because you cannot see the truth with your eyes.

Quote (t8 @ May 07 2007,09:30)

Quote (Cult Buster @ May 07 2007,20:28)
    t8

It also says  “and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,”

Did I hear yes?

Joh 9:41  Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. :O

Like I said in another discussion CultB. You change the word of God to suit your philosophy and you do not seem to grasp that the word lord in this verse is a completely different word to the word LORD in the Old Testament. That word is YHWH.

But you mix them up because it suits your man-made doctrine.

God has sent people to you to show you these errors. It is up to you to let go of your pride and admit that you need to align yourself with the truth. Only you can make that decision.

Paul teaches that there is one God, the Father, and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. You say that there is one God the Father, Son, & Spirit and one Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Father, Lord Spirit.

You need to repent of this. You teach against Paul the apostle. Christ made Saul blind in order that he could see and he became Paul. You teach against him and I suspect that you to need to become blind in order that you may see because you cannot see the truth with your eyes.

t8

:)

The writer of the book of Hebrews ch 1:10 thinks the word Lord (kurios) is the same word as the Hebrew word Lord.

What gives?

1 Cor 8:6 applys to Yeshua but Heb 1:10 dosnt?

Yet you say…

You change the word of God to suit your philosophy and you do not seem to grasp that the word lord in this verse is a completely different word to the word LORD in the Old Testament. That word is YHWH.

Who is it that is changing the Word of God to fit their philosophy t8?

???

Quote (t8 @ May 07 2007,00:04)
    Not at all. I have hated violence all my life.
    Why do you ask, were you?

What hypocrisy are you talking about?

Your not going to start accusing us of being hypocrites now? That would be a serious charge and accusation to make considering what scripture says about hypocrites.

How about you slay us with the word of God instead of your accusing tongue. I don't mind being stabbed by the Word of God, but as for the tongue of an accuser, well they only judge themselves when they speak harshly toward us.

Who is us? Well 'us' believe the following:

t8

Getting a little defensive here?

Remember t8, the truth of God shines brightly. His word is ever revealing and convicting.

But thanks be to the Lord our God, the Father and Yeshua who ever shows us mercy and goodness and Love!

:)

Cult Buster
    Participant

Nick

Hi CB,
    You say
    “There is also but one God the Son

There is also but one God the Holy Spirit.”
    You step out on a plank of your own understanding.
    Can you not find scriptures that says these things, and then puts them all together as a trinity?

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Here Christ is also identified as God. And since the Father is speaking, here is more conclusive proof of a Godhead with two of its three Persons mentioned.

Also

John 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Evidence of Their Deity.

1.     The Father is Jehovah.      Not even the children of Arius will argue this.

2.      Christ is Jehovah.       See John 1:1 and Hebrews 1:8. Also

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD
    (Jehovah) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

3.    Jehovah the Holy Spirit

II Cor 3:17
    Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.  (NWT)
      (From the cult's own bible)

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Here are all the three Divine Persons of the Godhead in one verse.
    Now let's confirm their deity from scripture .

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Here is Christ (the Word) identified as God. This verse states that there are at least two who are God.

And the third Person

Jehovah the Holy Spirit

II Cor 3:17
    Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.  (NWT)
      (From the cult's own bible)

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    :O  :O  :O

Isa 42:20  Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.    

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8

Hi t8.

I also said the following in another discussion.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

(NWT) The Holy Spirit is Jehovah
                         His Divinity is Stated

“Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17).

Notice who the Spirit is according to the New World Translation:

“Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.”    
    2 Cor 3:17 New World Translation).

“…exactly as done by Jehovah the Spirit” (2 Cor. 3:18, New World Translation).

(It seems that the arian's own bible cannot hide the truth.)

Just include God the Father with the above distinguished company and you have the three Persons of the Godhead.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  :O :O :O

Tim2
    Participant

You need to repent of this. You teach against Paul the apostle.

Does Jesus teach against Paul when He says, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth”? Matthew 11:25.

Does Paul teach against Paul when He says, “The Lord is the Spirit”? 2 Corinthians 3:17.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Does it surprise you that the Gardener is the Lord, of the Lord of the branches?
    1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2007,07:30)
    Hi Tim2,
    Does it surprise you that the Gardener is the Lord, of the Lord of the branches?
    1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

NH

The Gardener is “One” with the vine. The gardner is in the vine and the vine is in the gardner.

Does it surprise you that to say there is more than one Lord, is unscriptural?

So they must be One Lord and One God.

The Father by his word and his servants calls Jesus both Lord and God.

Zech 14:9
    And *the LORD/YHWH shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Who is this *King of Kings and the Lord of Lords*?

Is 45:
    21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and *there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
    22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
    23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, *That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear*.

Phil 2:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And *that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rom 14:11
    For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and *every tongue shall confess to God*.

OH MY, how the evidence continues to mount up against the Unitarians and Henotheist and the Arians.

Behold in the above scriptures how the Apostle Paul once again affirms Yeshua is YHWH in the flesh, the Lord from heaven.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    No Jesus is the Son of God. He is Lord of lords, and God the Father is his Lord and God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Indeed the Gardener is one in will and purpose with the vine which serves him.
    But any suggestion that they are not two separate beings who are working together seems to be undermined by the parallel shown here by Jesus.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2007,11:43)
    Hi W,
    No Jesus is the Son of God. He is Lord of lords, and God the Father is his Lord and God.

Zech 14:9
    And *the LORD/YHWH shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Who is this *King of Kings and the Lord of Lords*?

Is 45:
    21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and *there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
    22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
    23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, *That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear*.

Phil 2:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And *that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rom 14:11
    For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and *every tongue shall confess to God*.

OH MY, how the evidence continues to mount up against the Unitarians and Henotheist and the Arians.

Behold in the above scriptures how the Apostle Paul once again affirms Yeshua is YHWH in the flesh, the Lord from heaven.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Still struggling with God's Son and the authority and roles assigned to him by God?

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi W,
    Still struggling with God's Son and the authority and roles assigned to him by God?

Hi W,

Hi Nick. Do you know that the Son is your Lord and God?

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God

Phi 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

MATTHEW 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Jehovah) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  

1 TIMOTHY 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

COLOSSIANS 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

CompareIsa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    With (John the baptist announcing Jesus)
    Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Compare
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    With
    1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

TITUS 2:13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You quote
    'COLOSSIANS 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
    And then you try to tell us he is Who dwelled in him?

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 946 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account