Thief on the Cross

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You are sure of your salvation by your own witness?
    It is best to have the three witnesses of 1Jn5.

Water. blood. Spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Kerwin wrote in another thread and I have moved it over to here,
    “To all,

Paradise is the third heaven and according to the Hebrew teaching about the seven heavens it is where both the Garden of Eden and Hades resides.

If you take the parable of the rich man and Lazarus literally then Jesus was simply telling the thief that he would reside in the more pleasant part of Hades with Father Abraham and Jesus. Jesus would depart after a few days and thus be one that returned from the dead as was stated in the parable I mentioned.

Paul speaks of paradise, aka the third heaven, in one of his letters.

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong thread as it belongs to the one titled “thief on the cross” in this same forum.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2010,05:41)
    Kerwin wrote in another thread and I have moved it over to here,
    “To all,

Paradise is the third heaven and according to the Hebrew teaching about the seven heavens it is where both the Garden of Eden and Hades resides.  

If you take the parable of the rich man and Lazarus literally then Jesus was simply telling the thief that he would reside in the more pleasant part of Hades with Father Abraham and Jesus.  Jesus would depart after a few days and thus be one that returned from the dead as was stated in the parable I mentioned.

Paul speaks of paradise, aka the third heaven, in one of his letters.

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong thread as it belongs to the one titled “thief on the cross” in this same forum.

Thank you!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2010,08:28)
    Hi T,

Water. blood. Spirit

nick

do we all have not been baptise with water with Noah at the flood??

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Woutlaw @ April 18 2006,05:44)
    Hey guys,

A lot of people use the example of “The Thief on the Cross” to justify “praying Jesus into your heart” method, or to say that one doesn't have to be baptized to inherit eternal life.

Was the thief on the cross given eternal life? I believe so, Jesus promised him paradise.

What we must understand is that this took place prior to the ushering in of the New Covenant.

There are many that inherited eternal life under the Old Covenant who were not baptized at all.

But there isn't a NT conversion that didn't include baptism.

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

What do you guys think?

Jesus assured the thief that he would be in paradise due to his repentant attitude, that however is no guarantee of eternal life; that also does not mean that the other thief would not be there.
    Jesus also said that Sodom and Gomorrah would have an easier time in the resurrection than for the city that rejected his gospel; the question is, why?
    It takes a repentant attitude, a willingness to learn the truth, to give up false believes.
    To think that God is more merciful to one as to another has no soundness to it.
    It will be Jesus who judges/teaches the world during the millennium, if you listen you live, if you don't you die again.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Hi T,

Water. blood. Spirit

nick

everyone who knows me can testify on my behave.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 20 2010,10:56)

Hi T,

Water. blood. Spirit

nick

do we all have not been baptise with water with Noah at the flood??

Hi T,
    No you are not a Jew.
    Besides 1cor10 answers your question.
    All the rituals in the world are of no benefit without faith.

All must repent.[Acts 17]
    Whatever is not of faith is of sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2010,02:19)

Hi T,

Water. blood. Spirit

nick

Hi T,
    You will face the Master alone.
    Best to be clothed with him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 20 2010,22:36)

Hey guys,

A lot of people use the example of “The Thief on the Cross” to justify “praying Jesus into your heart” method, or to say that one doesn't have to be baptized to inherit eternal life.

Was the thief on the cross given eternal life? I believe so, Jesus promised him paradise.

What we must understand is that this took place prior to the ushering in of the New Covenant.

There are many that inherited eternal life under the Old Covenant who were not baptized at all.

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

What do you guys think?

Jesus assured the thief that he would be in paradise due to his repentant attitude, that however is no guarantee of eternal life; that also does not mean that the other thief would not be there.
    Jesus also said that Sodom and Gomorrah would have an easier time in the resurrection than for the city that rejected his gospel; the question is, why?
    It takes a repentant attitude, a willingness to learn the truth, to give up false believes.
    It will be Jesus who judges/teaches the world during the millennium, if you listen you live, if you don't you die again.

Georg

Hi Georg,
    You speculate.
    No mention of repentant attitudes in the context.
    Neither is the judgement said to be during the millenium but it is after it.[Rev20]

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,07:28)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 20 2010,22:36)

Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

Georg

Hi Georg,
    You speculate.
    No mention of repentant attitudes in the context.
    Neither is the judgement said to be during the millenium but it is after it.[Rev20]

If you believe that, than make sense out of it; don't just claim it to be so.
    You just said in a previous reply, all “must” repent, who, to you, are all?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2010,02:19)

Hi T,

Water. blood. Spirit

nick

nick

i have a unshakable faith ,and people who know me for years can testify to that with my deeds ,and as well as unbelievers,

i have no doubts in my heart,i do repent daily.

you are fishing to no end.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,

Faith brings a response to the invitation of God in Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,08:05)
    Hi T,

Faith brings a response to the invitation of God in Jesus.

nick

who would you know that it is not so ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    It has been the habit of men to refuse to listen since time began.
    But our own righteousness is as filthy rags and we need to be clothed in the Son.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,09:22)
    Hi T,
    It has been the habit of men to refuse to listen since time began.
    But our own righteousness is as filthy rags and we need to be clothed in the Son.

nick

you talking in circles, i believe you can not explain what you are stating.

how would you know i was not listening??
    and why you claim that i fallow my own righteousness.?

and how can someone be clothed in the son ?

please supply scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    We are clothed in the Son in water baptism[Gal3.27]
    We are baptised into the death of Christ that we may join him in resurrection.[Rom6]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,09:53)
    Hi T,
    We are clothed in the Son in water baptism[Gal3.27]
    We are baptised into the death of Christ that we may join him in resurrection.[Rom6]

nick

this is not the baptism of water but of the spirit;

Gal 3:23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.
    Gal 3:24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.
    Gal 3:25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Sons of God

Gal 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,
    Gal 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
    Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Gal 3:29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    Gal 4:1 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate.
    Gal 4:2 He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father.
    Gal 4:3 So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world.
    Gal 4:4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,
    Gal 4:5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.
    Gal 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”
    Gal 4:7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Baptism in the Spirit is specified as such.
    Water baptism is the TYPE and all references to BAPTISM without qualification refer to it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2010,10:57)
    Hi T,
    Baptism in the Spirit is specified as such.
    Water baptism is the TYPE and all references to BAPTISM without qualification refer to it.

nick

sectarian cult,from men,not from God.

you figure it up but it does not say so

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    If you cannot accept scripture then this sort of response was likely

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account