The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    They are written to the saints.
    Natural men are not saints.
    Only God can wash men clean.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    What is all this jibberish you write about, give us some scripture, this gospel of Nick makes no sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    That sounds familiar.
    Acts 17
    16Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

17Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

18Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Still no scripture that explains your gospel of repentance? Again, repent of what? Its got to the point where I don't think you will ever answer this question with scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Your heart is your heart.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Your lungs are your lungs. Your liver is your liver.

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was just like us and we must follow him.
    He was reborn of water and the Spirit of God.
    He was our example and so must we be.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We have come to a part of the way where mockers stand than throw stones.
    Their ridicule is merciless but they do not walk in the light.
    The stones are accusations that:

To follow Christ is foolish.
    Faith is childishness.
    Miracles are impossible.
    Most people do not walk here.
    The Word of God is not sacred.
    Our disunity says there is no path.

Surprisingly some have not used their armour and taken direct hits.
    Soon the darkness will overcome them but we must keep walking while the light is with us.

They are going nowhere.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2008,04:39)
    Hi,
    We have come to a part of the way where mockers stand than throw stones.
    Their ridicule is merciless but they do not walk in the light.
    The stones are accusations that:

To follow Christ is foolish.
    Faith is childishness.
    Miracles are impossible.
    Most people do not walk here.
    The Word of God is not sacred.
    Our disunity says there is no path.

Surprisingly some have not used their armour and taken direct hits.
    Soon the darkness will overcome them but we must keep walking while the light is with us.

They are going nowhere.

Nick,

I suppose I am one who has taken a direct hit?  Perhaps this is true….if the dogma is true.  Again, how do you know you have the truth?

You can slough-off some of these accusations under the theme of:  They are throwing “stones” and they do not “walk in the light”.  But you cannot dismiss all of what has been presented by the opposition.  Not unless of course, you are willing to eat sand?

The only way that I can say you walk in the light versus Tow, is that you say that you do.  Talk is cheap.  Talk is easily converted into lingo; into the “talk of Christianity”.  Anyone can do it who has been a part of the church for any length of time.  You know the right things to say and the right cliche's to type down.  This does not impress me or make your case appear any stronger, imo.  I have been a Christian all my life.  I have served and been where you are now.  But now I find myself awakened; able to view other's ideas and criticisms with an open mind.  Guess what I am finding?  They make sense, too.  What do you do with this knowledge?  Flush it?  Say it is a “stone” being hurrled at me?  What if it is truth?  What is the ruler by which you measure what is truth and what is falsehood (here we go again with the “ruler” and basis of all truth) – you use the bible?  Of course!  But we have already established that the bible does not bring unity nor does it provide a clear path by which we are all to walk to find this promised eternal life.

I guess it's a A'la Carte decision.  As for me, maybe I will take a little of this (I love the JW's ideal of family), and a little of that (I find truth in Stu's huministic explainations of the earth and how we should live for our lives today and stop chasing fantasies), and some of the other (I agree with a lot of what Tow shares regarding the Messiah not fulfilling prophesies and how there is no talk of a second coming to fulfill what Jesus did not the first time – good grounds to dismiss that Jesus is the Christ based on scripture).  Maybe I will form my own religion.

My kids' school doesn't have a separate cafeteria for lunchtime – they use the gym – which is also the auditorium for assemblies.  So instead of just calling it the gym, they have made-up a new word to combine the three uses of the space, they call it the Cafegymatorium.  I like it.  Maybe I will combine all the above “truth” beliefs and call my new religion, Jehojewishevoluity.  Anyone want to join?  We would be called:  JeJeEvo's.   :p

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    You say
    “But now I find myself awakened; able to view other's ideas and criticisms with an open mind. Guess what I am finding? They make sense, too.”

Making sense is by appeal to the mind as you say.
    We also did not decide to follow Jesus because we knew it all.
    We do not know much now but that does not stop us from continuing on the path.
    We have the helmet of salvation.
    Our future rests on our faith
    and our commitment
    to a Master
    Not our knowledge.
    Men try to winkle doubts
    into the tiny potential cracks
    that they assiduously seek to offer snares.
    They have nothing and are in pursuit of nothing except to take others with them.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks, Nick. But it falls short.

We are to grow in knowledge, and depth of insight. I would imagine this means that we are to not discard information that may challenge what we have already taken in as truth. I guess we could and just call it “having faith”? I guess we could say we are “choosing to stand” no matter what! We could….. But what if we're wrong, Nick? What if what Tow is saying about the Messiah is true? It sure seems true to me, I've been studying like a crazed fool. I've been checking out what Tow is saying, I'm not merely dismissing it and calling it a “stone”. And what I'm finding out is that the majority of what he is sharing is correct.

Should I just rest on my previous faith in the truth that I knew? I know that would make everyone more comfortable and less upset with me for “changing”. But if I did that a few years ago, I would have never accepted that the trinity wasn't true. Do you see what I'm trying to say?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The work of these men is to make us react quickly and reach immediate conclusions
    but the truth is found by patient and careful study aware of the fact that the God who wrote it knows how it fits together and he gives the wisdom to read and understand the wisdom of God to all who ask[jas1]

Not3in1
    Participant

Believe me, I've asked. You have no idea. I guess maybe I didn't ask correctly? I'm looking for my decoding glasses but I can't find them yet. Maybe I can order another pair online?

Sorry for the snide remarks. I do confess now to being a bit angry. A bit angry because I have spent the past 4 to 5 years studying the bible and being convinced of one thing after another…..only to really find out that there are many ways to interpret the bible. Everyone, no matter how disagreeing, believes they possess truth. This is most curious to me.

NickHassan
    Participant

patience Mandy.
    Give God time.
    Don't look back
    Don't give up.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 14 2008,07:11)
    Believe me, I've asked. You have no idea. I guess maybe I didn't ask correctly? I'm looking for my decoding glasses but I can't find them yet. Maybe I can order another pair online?

Sorry for the snide remarks. I do confess now to being a bit angry. A bit angry because I have spent the past 4 to 5 years studying the bible and being convinced of one thing after another…..only to really find out that there are many ways to interpret the bible. Everyone, no matter how disagreeing, believes they possess truth. This is most curious to me.

You deny Christ?

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,

Dang it!  You made me cry…..  It's hard to be snide when you're touched.  :)

Thanks, brother.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,07:19)

Believe me, I've asked.  You have no idea.  I guess maybe I didn't ask correctly?  I'm looking for my decoding glasses but I can't find them yet.  Maybe I can order another pair online?

Sorry for the snide remarks.  I do confess now to being a bit angry.  A bit angry because I have spent the past 4 to 5 years studying the bible and being convinced of one thing after another…..only to really find out that there are many ways to interpret the bible.  Everyone, no matter how disagreeing, believes they possess truth.  This is most curious to me.

You deny Christ?

Nope.  Not yet. Besides, I don't want to be shunned from the “Believer's Place” :;):

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 14 2008,07:20)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,07:19)

You deny Christ?

Nope. Not yet. Besides, I don't want to be shunned from the “Believer's Place” :;):

Then you believe that Jesus IS the Christ?

kenrch
    Participant

Well N31 do you believe that Jesus is the Christ?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account