The two witnesses of revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    So if you are looking for two OT prophets you will miss it.
    Better knowledge is required

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2014,04:47)
    Hi WU,
    So if you are looking for two OT prophets you will miss it.
    Better knowledge is required

Nick.

Interesting to know what we should be looking for.
    Do you have any knowledge that you are hiding in the sand?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Understanding the lampstands and the olive trees will get us closer

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    9.Exodus 35:14
    the lampstand also for the light and its utensils and its lamps and the oil for the light;

20.Numbers 4:9
    Then they shall take a blue cloth and cover the lampstand for the light, along with its lamps and its snuffers, and its trays and all its oil vessels, by which they serve it;

33.Zechariah 4:2
    He said to me, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it;

34.Zechariah 4:11

11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?” 12 And I answered the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive [e]branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?” 13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 14 Then he said, “These are the two [f]anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.”

Wakeup
    Participant

Nick.

Please explain.

“No, my lord.” 14 Then he said,
    ***“These are the two [f]anointed ones*** who are
    standing by the Lord of the whole earth.”

What/who are the two anointed ones?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    If Jesus Christ is the Lord of the earth then I suggest they are important angels.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2014,10:06)
    Hi WU,
    If Jesus Christ is the Lord of the earth then I suggest they are important angels.

Nick.

Is that your speculation?
    What about the scriptures about Moses and Elijah.
    Why not study that first?

For there is nothing said about angels.
    Angels can not be killed by men and their dead bodies left on the street.?? Angles can not be seen by human eyes unless opened.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    I SUGGEST
    What do you SUGGEST they may be?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    There are no scriptures that say God will reuse his servants who have already died once.
    I did not say angels were the two witnesses-why would you?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2014,13:03)
    Hi WU,
    There are no scriptures that say God will reuse his servants who have already died once.
    I did not say angels were the two witnesses-why would you?

Nick.

There is always a reason why God has taken
    Moses and Elijah,and Enoch.

Enoch was saved from before the flood to witness,and tell the happenings,and why there was a flood.

Moses and Elijah will witness to the jews what they have done wrong in the past and present.
    And to repent. Last chance.
    But the world will hate them.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Should you imagine a reason for Elijah and Enoch to be taken and teach that?
    Moses died

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2014,13:22)
    Hi WU,
    Should you imagine a reason for Elijah and Enoch to be taken and teach that?
    Moses died

Nick.

Moses died and could not enter the promised land,
    because he had sinned against the Lord.
    The jews followed his teachings,partly.
    Moses is still their great prophet,and Elijah also.
    God does what he does.

All the prophets have died,not only Moses.
    Abraham the father of the jews is dead also.

wakeup.

Participant

Hi Wakeup:

This is what we know about the two witnesses, as this is what God has given us by His Holy Word.  To add any more to it is speculation.

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

And so, we know that they are two prophets, but God does not tell us who they are, and so, we will just have to wait for Him to reveal this to us.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 01 2014,21:46)
    Hi Wakeup:

This is what we know about the two witnesses, as this is what God has given us by His Holy Word.  To add any more to it is speculation.

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

And so, we know that they are two prophets, but God does not tell us who they are, and so, we will just have to wait for Him to reveal this to us.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

Oh yes He did gave us a clue,but you did not notice.

Revelation 11:6 ***These have power to shut heaven***,
    that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:
    ***and have power over waters to turn them to blood***, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

That is the clue; and of course the transfiguration.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    You bind your dogmas together with your inferences?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2014,04:46)
    Hi WU,
    You bind your dogmas together with your inferences?

Nick.

That's how you study the prophesies.
    You put two and two together,
    or you will never find the answers.
    You will never get the whole picture.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Few if any really understand the prophecies because the approach they take is simplistic and inferential.
    Scripture must be allowed to reveal it's mysteries by careful study.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2014,08:43)
    Hi WU,
    Few if any really understand the prophecies because the approach they take is simplistic and inferential.
    Scripture must be allowed to reveal it's mysteries by careful study.

Nick.

Yes ;and that is exactly what I have done; study.

wakeup.

journey42
    Participant

Hi Marty

At least you recognise that they are men.  You are half way there, and you realise they are coming, so three quarter way there.

God does not give us clues to use and manipulate as speculation,
    but to give us truth.

John 15:15   Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15:14   Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:13   Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

And yes, we will see at the time, and most can just keep on guessing who the two witnesses will be, but others have already been shown, and try to show you also, so we can be of one mind and of one spirit – the spirit of truth, and not the spirit of error.
    When all is over and done, we each will have a testimony,
    and the King will judge if we earned interest on those pennies given to us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi j42,
    So agreement with you is a guarantee of truth?

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account