The two witnesses of revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    We need to go beyond the obvious implication.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    They are lampstands-they HOLD the light.
    They are olive trees-they are SOURCES for the oil.

If you say they are men you need to prove two men fit the bill.

journey42
    Participant

Nick,

They are killed.  Their dead bodies lie in the streets.  They are not put into graves.  They are PROPHETS.  They are men.  
    They are witnesses.  They are prophesying.
    They are witnessing in Israel.  

They are called lamp-stands because they hold the light (truth)

Matthew 5:15   Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

A lamp stand gives more light than a candle.
    They are not just giving light inside a house,
    but to a whole nation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    Yes the obvious is always the most popular choice
    So who are these two you have chosen and why?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Zech 4.14
    Then the angel who was speaking with me returned and roused me, as a man who is awakened from his sleep. 2 He said to me, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it; 3 also two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side.” 4 Then I said to the angel who was speaking with me saying, “What are these, my lord?” 5 So the angel who was speaking with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 6 Then he [a]said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. 7 ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’”

8 Also the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you. 10 For who has despised the day of small things? [c]But these seven will be glad when they see the [d]plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel—these are the eyes of the Lord which range to and fro throughout the earth.”

11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?” 12 And I answered the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive [e]branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?” 13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 14 Then he said, “These are the two [f]anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Zechariah 4:14
    Literally
    sons of fresh oil

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Psalm 97:5
    The mountains melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So if they are men why do only two stand before the Lord of the whole earth?
    Are these men greater than the rest of the holy men of God?

journey42
    Participant

nick wrote:

[/quote]

Hi J42,

Hi Nick

It also helps when we understand the prophesies and the order of events to come.  It's not just looking at one verse and trying to work out whether it's symbolic or literal, it's knowing where it fits in the grand plan of God and why.

The two prophets will be preaching in Israel for three and a half years.  This is the same time that Israel will be occupied by the 10 horned beast and false prophet.
    These two are prophets.  
    They are sent to give Israel a last warning.
    and to display to the world the real power of God.

Israel currently believe that their Messiah will not come unless the third temple be built.
    But the dome of the rock is in the way,
    so they make a secret deal with the false prophet and the 10 horned beast (10 leaders of 10 nations and all their armies)
    and they conspire to destroy the dome of the rock.
    They carry this out, and in it's place they start building the third temple, which they believe is for their messiah.
    But the false prophet has other plans, and intends to sit in this temple as God.
    So he succeeds in deceiving Israel, making them believe that he was helping them towards their goal, when in fact he makes them build this temple for himself.
    I presume the two prophets are warning the Israelites that this third temple is an abomination, and not what they expected – holy.
    Israel will be given a serving on where they went wrong, and how they killed their real Messiah who came already.
    They will get a good telling off.
    The Israelites will see their error toward the end of the 3 1/2 years, when all of what the two prophets have prophesied, have come true.
    They will be repeating scriptures already in the prophesies for a witness.

Don't forget the Israelites are stubborn, and have rejected and killed all their previous prophets.
    They will be so confused and afraid, when the armies march into their land to prepare for the battle at Armageddon.  
    They will come back to God at the last hour, begging for forgiveness and help when they realise their sin,
    but also have to endure suffering until the coming as their punishment.
    There will be a lot of death there.

journey42
    Participant

The two prophets are Moses and Elijah.
    Elijah was taken up and preserved,
    and the devil tried to take Moses dead body, but didn't succeed.
    The devil already knows that God is going to bring Moses back to life in the flesh, and he knows that Moses will be one of the two prophets that God will use.
    Moses is a great witness, because he was the first to receive the commandments from God.  He was there when it all started.  He was given power to turn water into blood, and send out all the plagues.
    Moses will be very angry at his people, how after all that God did for them, they turned their back on him and are left to the dogs without his help.
    Elijah was a witness also, and a prophet.
    He had the power to shut up the heavens, so that it not rain.

Elijah was taken up by a chariot and never saw death.
    God kept his body from being taken.
    He did this for a reason.

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

journey42
    Participant

The Israelites will hear verses such as these repeated by the two prophets.

Matthew 23:31   Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

journey42
    Participant

nick wrote:

[/quote]

Hi,
    So if they are men why do only two stand before the Lord of the whole earth?

2 Corinthians 13:1   …. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Are these men greater than the rest of the holy men of God?

They are part of God's house.
    They are chosen for this purpose.  
    Abraham was a favourite, so was Daniel, so was Jeremiah, so was Jacob, and Joseph, and Peter, and the list goes on.
    Not every man is chosen for every job. All play a different part.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    Not an answer.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2014,16:40)
    Hi J42,
    Not an answer.

Hi Nick.

Why are there only three that bear witness to God?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Do you mean 1 Jn 5??

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2014,16:40)
    Hi J42,
    Not an answer.

Hi Nick

What do you mean?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2014,17:35)
    Hi WU,
    Do you mean 1 Jn 5??

Nick.

Yes; 1 john 5. Why only three?
    You asked,why only two witnesses.
    Maybe you should ask God,why.
    Why only twelve chosen by Jesus.

wakeup.

journey42
    Participant

nick wrote:

[/quote]

Hi J42,

Nick this is what you asked?
    I have to show you how they fit into the plan also.
    If I just put them there without an explanation, and why,
    then you will just think that I am making it up?

journey42
    Participant

Sorry Nick,
    I don't know what question you are referring to now.
    You are very vague.
    Proper discussions need a little care and respect.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    We must be reborn of WATER and the SPIRIT and we are covered by the BLOOD of Yahshua.
    3 witnesses to obedience

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account