The Truth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

HI GB,
    You seem to misunderstand.
    Jesus Christ is the Truth.
    He said so.
    By his standards all who came before are thieves and robbers.  

Jn10
    8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.  

So where does this leave the modern day so called experts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who would rate any man's teachings above Jesus should take note.

Mark 8:38
    Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:26
    For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

John 3:34
    For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
    Mark 13:31
    Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 27 2008,18:51)
    Hi,
    Those who would rate any man's teachings above Jesus should take note.

Mark 8:38
    Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:26
    For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

John 3:34
    For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
    Mark 13:31
    Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Amen and Amen to that.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is what GB wrote in another thread about the everlasting words of Jesus given to him by God.

“Nick…Pagan influence was in the people at the time of Christ they believe that devils and demons were actual beings going around jumping in and out of people, when they saw a person has an Epileptic attack they thought he had a demon in him, or if a person had a by polar disorder they also thought it a was demons at work in him, Jesus related with them on there level of understanding , When He heald them it was as if he was driving them our of them, When they had a unclean spirit , these were unclean intellects of thoughts that they received by exposure to then and caused them to act in unclean and ways and GOD just removed them through Jesus and that spiritual intellect simple was no longer in the person. So they acted as if they never had it any longer but that does not mean they could not recieve it into them again though. God Plainly prohibited the belief in devils and demons and witches and sorceries in the old testament, He know how such thinking can screw up a persons mind, and he prohibited it even at the point of death. But today the church is full of these false teachings. IMO “

Jesus truth watered down to suit the pagans??

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So in your opinion the words of Jesus are only truth within the cultural context of the time?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Even in that context in your opinion they are only a form of adjusted truth, not truth itself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Scripture says in Jn 17
    “your word is truth”

Should the WORD be the basis of christian doctrine or should we look elsewhere?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Why do you not believe “the Word”? (Matt.15:24)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the message of the one commissioned to go to the Israelites is for US too, as you have explained.
    Listen to Him, as God advised

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Ro.15:8 …For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.

Ro.15:16 …for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Ro.15:19 …I have completed the evangel of the Christ.
    Notice it is NOT the same gospel, He (Paul) to “complete the evangel”? Not the “same” evangel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed Jesus was the one who first published the good news of the kingdom, taken first to the chosen people.
    That message is FOR YOU TOO.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Oct. 17 2008,08:59)
    Nick.
    Ro.15:8 …For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.

Ro.15:16 …for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.  
    Ro.15:19 …I have completed the evangel of the Christ.
    Notice it is NOT the same gospel,  He (Paul) to “complete the evangel”?  Not the “same” evangel.

Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    One gospel,
    It is for you too.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Oct. 17 2008,08:20)
    Nick.
        Why do you not believe “the Word”?  (Matt.15:24)

Don't believe Jesus words? Just the ones you choose to?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Why should the mission of Jesus deter you from accepting his words?
    They are FOR YOU

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 18 2008,17:58)
    Hi CO,
    Why should the mission of Jesus deter you from accepting his words?
    They are FOR YOU

Nick.
    Yes, they are 'for me'. They are written for me (us), to understand that the commission of Jesus was, as He (Jesus) said, was to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel, Matt.15:24.”
    That is why it is not “about us”.

Why do you not believe His words?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Of course the gospel of the kingdom is not about us.
    It is about the kingdom.
    All are invited.

The invitation is also FOR YOU.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    If you won't believe the words of Jesus, why do you believe anything else He said?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    If you cannot enter the kingdom offered in the gospel of Jesus where do you place your hope of salvation?
    In Paul, Cephas, Apollos??  

His words are eternal.
    They are for you too

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    I agree with Jesus' words, but not yours.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account