The Truth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Olive,
    Just my opinion, but sometimes when you are eating fruit you have to spit out the seeds. In other words, everyone has something to contribute. I have to tell you, that I find humor sometimes in the way Nick and WJ go at it. And they are teaching one another because God's word does not go out and return void. As I observe their arguments, I am also learning. Whenever you debate (aka “attack”) others views, you are going to have an unsettling feeling. Things may even get personal in the debate. I know that for me, when I first joined, I thought that WJ was going to eat me for his dinner! I called him on several points of his attack on me. And do you know what he said? He said, “Lighten up, you're starting to remind me of me!” In other words….we are all just open hearts wanting approval and acceptance. Everyone is also very passionate about their God.

Don't take anything personal, just use this opportunity to learn from others and to share the truth that you know. I got my eye on you girl! :) What truth do you know?

olive
    Participant

Notthreeinone,

Keeping looking w/ that eye of yours………..okay chick.

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings and love.

Not3in1
    Participant

Will do, Olive! :)

It's almost 1 a.m. here………I guess I better head to bed. Time passes so quickly when I am studying here….. Goodnight.

olive
    Participant

3n1
    You write

Whenever you debate (aka “attack”) others views

I forget to mention

Bring it on……………

Blessings and love

Not3in1
    Participant

YOU GO, GIRL!

NickHassan
    Participant

You go girls!

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick – you crack me up! I'm so glad you're here and you do what you do! :)

chosenone
    Participant

Another question, Eph 1:11. “God is operating ALL according to the council of His will.” We don't really believe this scripture, do we?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God is so “gentlemanly”, fair and tolerant he met and spoke politely with His great enemy and allowed him to tempt Job[1-2].

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Yes, He “allowed” him, this is still Gods will!

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God has several expressions of His will.
    Romans 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 21 2007,07:29)
    Another question,  Eph 1:11.  “God is operating ALL according to the council of His will.”   We don't really believe this scripture, do we?

Blessings.

Hi Nick.
    So back to Eph.1-11, you don't believe this scripture, do you?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Yes.
    God is purifying all creation.
    God is allowing men to choose between good and evil.

Psalm 37:27
    Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
    Isaiah 7:15
    Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
    Amos 5:14
    Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
    Psalm 34:14
    Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi NIck.
    If God is allowing men to choose, then it is their will that they do, not Gods will. So this scripture is wrong according to your reasoning. So, this scripture is incorrect?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God accepts choices.
    His will is done despite individual choices.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    So if “God wills all mankind to be saved” then are you saying that His will is being done if this is not true? Quite a contradiction, no?

Blessings.

Participant

Hi Chosenone:

Jos 24:15
    And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Rev. 9:20
    And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:  
    9:21
    Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jesus prayed in the garden in Lk 22 that God's will be done.

42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Was this unnecessary?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Not for me to say, this is what scripture says.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    So Christ had to subordinate his own will to allow the full expression of God's will in his life?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account