The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 17,541 through 17,560 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

I took one. I managed a week without them, and felt good until today. Never mind.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 14 2014,10:37)
    I took one. I managed a week without them, and felt good until today. Never mind.

2Besee.

Just as all with the spirit of Christ in them, will
    be given a new body; based on that substance in him.
    That substance is the Word of God/Jesus.

So did God gave His Word a form,based on that substance;
    Which is the word of God himself.God's own image.
    This happened just before God started creating.
    In the beginning. That same image was made flesh,after all is created by Him.

The creation has not stopped. God is now creating the spirit in man,by teaching them how to fear God,and follow His way.
    And feed on the flesh of Christ;which is The Word of God.
    Then all with the spirit in them will be ready to have a new body.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 11 2014,23:12)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 11 2014,19:59)
    Wakeup, you said earlier that SDA's don't believe in the Trinity. Were you right or not?
    You just need to say right or wrong. I just want to know if they believe it or not.

T8.

Yes they do.
    I never said they dont believe in the trinity.

wakeup.

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 08 2013,22:15)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 07 2013,23:21)
    1.Video one;good,but failed to clarify
       the Word of God *before* birth.
    2.Only mentions Jesus which is the Son of God.
      They also believe that Jesus is Micha'el the arc angel.

1.Video two; sda propaganda,deceiving the very elect
      if it were possible.
    2.The mark of the beast will be put *IN* the right hand
      or *IN* the forehead.
    3.Jesus said that the time will come when there is no need
       to go to the mountain or to Jerusalem to worship God,
       but shall worship God in truth.(anyday).
    4,For God is a spirit,and we worship him in spirit.
    5.They also said that allah is God,in another video.

wakeup.

I thought SDA's believed in the Trinity?
    These videos clearly are against the Trinity.

+ I must have missed the bit about Michael the Archangel, but isn't that a JW doctrine? Did they mention Michael in the first video?

Wakeup.

You said that the videos I posted were SDA propaganada. However the videos are against the Trinity, hence the reason I posted them in this topic.

So you say they believe the Trinity, and they made a video that is against the Trinity? Can you see why I am confused about your comments?

Please explain.

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 07 2013,20:29)
    Hi guys, these are well worth watching.

Wakeup
    Participant

T8.

Those videos show that they are indeed against the trinity.
    I am also confused like you are.
    I was taught the trinity forty years ago by one of them teachers.

I also noticed that they change doctrine with time.
    Lately they teach that allah is also God,even pray in mosques.
    So I am also confused.

I know they teach That Micha'el is Jesus.
    Maybe they have changed that also.

One thing is sure on the video;that they have not explained
    Who Jesus really is.

I am not too interested in their doctrine.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

How do you know the videos are SDA?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 17 2014,18:10)
    How do you know the videos are SDA?

Hi T8.

I can tell right away.
    The sda always focuses on the sabath,the sabath.
    And the ten commandments.
    Babylon the great to them is the catholic church,
    and the pope is the false prophet.

The mark of the beast is the sunday worship.
    anyone worshipping on sundays have the mark of the beast
    in their forehead and in their hand.
    True christians must worship on a saturday.

This is adangerous teaching;misleading.
    The true mark of the beast is a physical mark,not some sunday worship.

wakeup.

Ginger

Isn’t true that the only religion that does not teach the trinity is Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Frederick Dairo

Your analogy although kind of funny really simplified the whole thing. I am thrilled by this line of scriptural truth. A great number of people are only concerned about their religion and not theology. Thank God for the liberation of the mind of all those that read and understand this teaching.

DavidL
    Participant

Brian
    Participant

I tend to agree with you, that Jesus and God are different. But there’s one passage (paired with another) that I have searched your site for, hoping you’ve addressed it, and can’t find it. Revelation 22:12-16 in conjunction with Isaiah 44:6.

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what the LORD (YHWH) says—
    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
    I am the first and I am the last;
    apart from me there is no God.

So, we have Israel’s King and Redeemer (that’s Jesus, usually) as well as the LORD (YHWH) Almighty (the Father), saying He’s THE first and THE last, and apart from Him, there is no God. “The” is a definite article. That’s a definite statement about who’s speaking, and about there being only one God. It’s odd that titles for both Jesus and God are being used here. To me, it sound like the Father is the one saying this, due to the use of YHWH. And there’s no other God besides this guy speaking.

Now, in Revelation 22:12-16, we see Jesus speaking this:
    12“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give youa this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Jesus identifies himself as the speaker here. “I, Jesus…” And in this section, he’s saying that he’s the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, and that he’s coming soon. “The” (definite article) is used here. There can only be one first and last, alpha and omega. Rev 1:8 says God is the alpha and omega. Here, Jesus seems to be saying he is the alpha and omega, the first and the last. And in Isaiah 44:6, God the Father says He’s the first and the last, and there’s no other God besides Him.

There’s one possibility that might explain this, but I don’t want to mention it, because I don’t want to taint your reasoning process when you address this. I’d rather you have a fresh run at it without me interjecting any ideas. Thanks for your website. Great points.

– Brian

Proclaimer
    Participant

I have an explanation for Revelation 1:8 here, but I do not have an explanation for Revelation 22:13. Is Jesus quoting what the LORD GOD said back in Rev 1:8?

Revelation 1:8

Proclaimer
    Participant

But that doesn’t make it SDA.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

I grew up as SDA and yet I see the mark of the beast as being those that live by their flesh natures. There may be a physical mark as well but I find that too easily discerned by those who ears do not hear and eyes do not see There is a reason Jesus spoke in parables.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

The official dogma of the SDA is now trinitarian but it may not always have been an important one for them. The trinitarians managed to get into power and so won the argument. There is not even solid proof Ellen G White, who they hold to be a prophet, was a trinitarian. There are non-trinitarian members and outshouts that have broken off. There are other churches that are Sabbath worshipers as well.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nobody argues for the Trinity here any more. Just a matter of time before someone shows up saying that God is like water, ice, liquid, and gas. When that happens, just tell them that water has a fourth state, i.e., plasma.

mikeboll64
    Blocked
    t8 wrote:

Nobody argues for the Trinity here any more.

They’ll be back soon enough……. and we’ll be ready. 🙂

Lightenup
    Participant

Those who believe what Peter said when he identifies Jesus as the Son of God don’t always believe what Peter said when he identified Jesus as the ‘Jehovah of hosts’ from Isaiah 8:13 in 1 Peter 2.

Shouldn’t we believe both ways that Peter identifies the Son and not just one way Peter has identified the Son???

Has Jehovah of hosts become a stumbling block to those who don’t believe that Peter correctly identifies Jesus as the Jehovah of hosts of Isaiah 8:13? Some people stumble over this truth by denying it and its significance and then make internet forums to try to cleverly convince others to deny it also.

Isaiah 8
    11For Jehovah spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying,

12Say ye not, A conspiracy, concerning all whereof this people shall say, A conspiracy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be in dread thereof .

13Jehovah of hosts, him shall ye sanctify; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

14And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

15And many shall stumble thereon, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

16Bind thou up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. 17And I will wait for Jehovah, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. 18Behold, I and the children whom Jehovah hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from Jehovah of hosts, who dwelleth in mount Zion.

Eternal life is to know the ONLY true God AND Jesus Christ whom HE has sent. The only one who is true God is the Father and Yeshua is his son, the only one who is both true God/true Man.

Rebecca

Can’t thank you enough for writing on this topic, with scripture to back it up. I grew up believing in a single God and Jesus Christ – and it was in my 20s when my brother-in-law came over spouting Trinity Doctrine that I got confused – and every so often a Trinity believer will try to convince me otherwise – now I know what to say (better) to counter them. It shouldn’t *be* confusing, imo. Jesus is straight forward. Even in parables. (imo)
    Will refer this site and topic. Thanks again!

/E

Proclaimer
    Participant

Someone showed up.

Are you saying that God is like water, and like water it can be liquid and ice, (two)?

terraricca
    Participant

yeap ,and still do not understand that Christ cannot be the father of which he his the son of ,and this Peter understood ,and Jesus never pretend being anyone else than THE SON OF GOD (THE FATHER ,HIS FATHER )

IT IS UPON US TO MAKE SURE OF WHAT WE BELIEVE TO BE TRUE AND BE THE TRUTH OF GOD ,WE WILL STAND ALONE IN JUDGEMENT FOR THE THINGS WRITTEN ON AND IN OUR SOUL ,

Viewing 20 posts - 17,541 through 17,560 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account