The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 16,841 through 16,860 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

Hi Richard BUT,

“Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
    Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.”

“On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.

I have more to say but not much time right now. Something to think about.

Lightenup
    Participant

2besee

you workers of lawlessness.’

Could the workers of lawlessness be those who did not love their neighbor as themselves? Wouldn't that be lawlessness if that is the summation of the whole law?

13For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 15But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.

16But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,10:29)
    Could the workers of lawlessness be those who did not love their neighbor as themselves? Wouldn't that be lawlessness if that is the summation of the whole law?

Good point. It would certainly be a factor at minimum. Also not loving God, which of course would equate to not knowing God and the one he sent.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 12 2012,03:44)
    How do we get that personal and intimate relationship with Him?

To get to know anyone, you need to regularly communicate for one thing.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,09:29)
    2besee

you workers of lawlessness.’

13For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 15But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.

16But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

I said that a page back

And His commandments were to love God and to love one another.

But also there were certain types in Scripture which were not tolerated by Jesus or by the Disciples.

2besee
    Participant

Oh and thank you t8 =)

Richtuner
    Participant

On the subject of lawlessness, what about that scripture,

Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I “never knew” you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity, or lawlessness

If you know someone at what time, or point can you say “I never knew you”?
    I appears that those are ones who confessed to know Him but never possessed Him,(or intimately knew Him).

Lightenup
    Participant

Great 2besee, we are in sync then. :)

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 12 2012,10:23)
    On the subject of lawlessness, what about that scripture,

Mat_7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I “never knew” you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity, or lawlessness

If you know someone at what time, or point can you say “I never knew you”?
    I appears that those are ones who confessed to know Him but never possessed Him,(or intimately knew Him).

Either in the beginning or when they change and their heart departs from you?

Richtuner
    Participant

2besee,

Remember that Jesus cannot lie, so if He said “I NEVER knew you”, then He NEVER knew them, not that He used to but now can't remember them.

2besee
    Participant

Just a bit more regarding lawlessness:

It says:

'You shall LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR as yourself. ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS DEPEND ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS'

Who then is our neighbor?

Luke 10:25-37
    The Parable of the Good Samaritan

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “AND WHO IS MY NEIGHBOUR?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.  A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.  So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.  He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.  The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“WHICH OF THESE THREE DO YOU THINK WAS A NEIGHBOUR to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “THE ONE WHO HAD MERCY ON HIM”

Jesus told him, “GO AND DO LIKEWISE”

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 12 2012,10:50)
    2besee,

Remember that Jesus cannot lie, so if He said “I NEVER knew you”, then He NEVER knew them, not that He used to but now can't remember them.

Good point Richard.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,10:36)
    Great 2besee, we are in sync then. :)

Good =)

Lightenup
    Participant

So, not only do we need to know the Father AND the Son for our eternal salvation but we need to be known by the Son.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 09 2012,23:24)
    Mike and t8,

Even being equal to something infers that you are not that thing you are equal.

We are not saying that both are 'A' but that there is 'A' + 'B' +' C' = 'A,B,C' unity. We understand that YHWH is a unity of the Father, Son together with their Holy Spirit and you do not accept that. This is the difference.

How many persons that have been called 'the theos' anywhere in the Bible…:

1. do we need to know, believe in, and serve, in order to gain eternal life?

2. were involved in creating all things in heaven and on earth?

3. are mentioned in our prayers?

4. are we to believe in the power of their name?

5. are to receive all honor, and glory and praise for ever and ever?

6. sit together on the Father's throne.

Please answer all these questions, thanks!

Please answer these 6 questions, t8. Thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

LU, I really haven't got time to explain everything to you.
    Cut the list in half, (3 questions) and I will answer them for you. You choose the questions.

:)

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,
    I did not request explanations, just a number, but feel free to explain…take them three at a time if you wish. Go ahead and start with the first three. :cool:

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:11)

Actually, it's code for, “I've already proved my case.”  :)

Hi Mike,

You have not proven anything until you prove it to someone else.
    And then you have only proved it to those who agree with you.
    I'm really surprised you haven't learned this simple Truth yet.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,13:48)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:11)

Actually, it's code for, “I've already proved my case.”  :)

Hi Mike,

You have not proven anything until you prove it to someone else.
    And then you have only proved it to those who agree with you.
    I'm really surprised you haven't learned this simple Truth yet.

God bless
    Ed J

That's one obvious reason “why” i'm still needed here.  (Link)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 11 2012,18:46)
    The word known would be to know him as opposed to just knowing about him. I haven't got to check the Greek and Hebrew, but when Adam knew his wife, that was very different to knowing he had a wife. I think the word “know” in that sense is also how it is used with regards to knowing God.

i.e., A deep intimate relationship.

Bingo! Good Point T8!

That's why the NWT has translated John 17:3 incorrectly!

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 16,841 through 16,860 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account