The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MM,
    I did but perhaps I had better expand.
    When we are born again into Yeshua we are given new rights. We are able to pray to the Father and do works in his name. The veil of the temple is torn in his flesh and we are able to approach the throne of God with confidence. We have been given the authority to do these things in his name- as him. In fact I think it is Collosians that says we should do everything in the name of Yeshua.
    Now Jn 14 speaks of prayer in his Name.
    So it seems obvious to me if we pray in his name as him we can only be praying to another-the Father.We would not pray to Yeshua as Yeshua would we?
    So it says that when we pray to the Father Jesus will respond working in his Father's name as he has authority to do. He will do the work of the Father again as he has done before.

liljon
    Participant

Quote (Adam Pastor @ Jan. 12 2005,00:24)
    Jesus of Nazareth is the Lord Messiah NOT the Lord GOD
    He is Lord … the Lord Messiah [Luke 2.11, Col 3.24][/b]

Jesus is the Lord God
    1 thess 3:13 so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints
    Zechariah 14:5 And the valley of My mountains shall be closed up, and the valley of the mountains shall be joined on to Jasod, and shall be blocked up as it was blocked up in the days of the earthquake, in the days of Uzziah king of Judah; and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    Yes we do have to be right with God when Jesus returns-but where is the confusion there?

Zech14 is a real stumbling block for those who cannot grasp the fact the Yeshua acts in the name of his Father.

But is your God so small that he has feet that walk on earth? Or can the body of Jesus contain the Father completely?

Yes Jesus showed us all aspects of the Father as God's Spirit but he prayed to his God and Father in heaven.

liljon
    Participant

God will come period. If God wasn't going to come himself it wouldn't have said it.

NickHassan
    Participant

That is where you are now but give the Spirit time and I think you will see a deeper view. Bless you bro.

Anonymous

I agree with liljon. Unfortunately some spiritualise these passages when it suits them and then frown upon others for doing the same thing with other passages.
    Nick, are we to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? yes or no.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MM,
    That is not spiritualising scripture. That is following the pattern of scripture revealed by scripture many times.

Why buy a dog and bark yourself?

God has so many servants created to do his work he does not need to do it Himself.

Does the vine have a relationship with the branches?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dora,
    You strongly imply that anyone who does not agree with you is ignorant and has not studied enough. But your derivations oppose the teachings of Peter, Paul, James, John and Yeshua himself. Are you saying you are greater than them too?
    Man was man as a body formed from dust according to Gen 2.7
    God then breathed into him the breath of life and he became a living being-not a soul.

Rev 20.2″ And he laid hold of
    the DRAGON
    the SERPENT OF OLD,
    who is the DEVIL
    and SATAN
    and bound him for 1000yrs.”

2Jn .9″ Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God;the one who abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son”

liljon
    Participant

scripture clearly revals Jesus as Yahweh

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    I suggest you do a search on Modalism. That heresy says Yeshua is Yahweh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    Jn 14.9″…He who has seen me has seen the Father;how can you say 'Show us the Father' ?
    Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own initiative, but the Father abiding in me does his works
    Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me ;otherwise believe on account of the works themselves”

There is no greater unity than between the Father and the Son. Jesus even said 'the Father and I are one'. But despite that unity there is separation. Otherwise Jesus would say

“I am the Father”

But that is what he did not say despite the fact that the Jews thought that was what he was saying and wanted to stone him for blasphemy.

Jesus was filled with the Father's Spirit,and let the Spirit control him and produce fruit for the Father, as we also should do[Gal 5.25]

Instead of claiming to be the Father he said he is the Son of God and the Father is his God. If you disagree with this you are arguing with him.

liljon
    Participant

Isaiah 44:24 says Yahweh did his creation alone so you are just ignoring scripture

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    Yes God was alone responsible for all creation. But it was done through the Son. Jn 1.3,Heb 1.2etc. This too is scripture.

DORA
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ Jan. 12 2005,18:26)
    Dora,
    I think Satan was a murderer from the begining because be facilitated the seperation between man and God. Because of his temptation, sin entered and death became a reality. Adam died but his death was attributed to satans medeling. Thats my reading of it, and i think its a commonly held one.

Nick,
    Could you please answer my questions about John 14:14 and I Cor 2.

SORRY, DONT THINK I GOT ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT JOHN 14 OR 1COR 2…NOT VERY GOOD ABOUT NAVEGATING ON THE FORUM…NEW TO ME

WHAT WAS THE QUESTION :p

DORA
    Participant

WHERE IS THE DISCUSSION ON LOGOS & BABYLON?

DORA
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2005,18:43)
    Hi liljon,
    Yes God was alone responsible for all creation. But it was done through the Son. Jn 1.3,Heb 1.2etc. This too is scripture.

YOU SAY GOD USED JESUS AS AN AGENT IN CREATION & USE HEB 1:2 AS SCRIPT TO VERIFY THAT BELIEF…HEB 1:2 SAYS THAT JESUS IS THE HIER OF CREATION…WHEN DID HE BECOME THE HIER?

I BELIEVE YOU WILL FIND THAT TO BE AN HIER IS TO INHERIT & THIS REFERS TO PREDESTINATION RATHER THAN PRE EXISTANCE…YVAH IS THE ONLY CREATOR & HE WAS ALONE BUT HE PREDESTINED THE SON BEFORE ALL THINGS

THIS DOESNT MEAN THE SON WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING…IT MEANS HE WAS THE PURPOSE FOR CREATION…THAT PURPOSE WAS SPOKEN BY GOD ON DAY ONE OF CREATION, “LET THERE BE LIGHT”…THE LIGHT IS THE SON, BUT THAT ISNT WHEN THE SON WAS BEGOTTEN

HE WAS BEGOTTEN WHEN MARY CONCIEVED…THE LIGHT (LOGOS, WORD) WAS MADE FLESH…THE SON IS THE SEED OF THE WOMAN….GOD BROUGHT WOMAN OUT OF MAN & THEN BROUGHT HIS SON OUT OF WOMAN…THE SON WAS A FLESH BODY & NOT A TENT THAT HOUSED GOD…NOT EVEN THE HEAVENS CAN CONTAIN GOD & HE CANNOT BE CONTAINED IN FLESH

THE WORD CLEARLY TELLS US THAT GOD IS NOT FLESH & THEREFORE FLESH CANNOT BE OR BECOME GOD…THE FATHER IS DEITY ALONE & ALWAYS WILL BE

BLESSINGS & PEACE IN THE NAME OF YAHSHUA

DORA
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 13 2005,01:47)
    Hi Dora,
    You strongly imply that anyone who does not agree with you is ignorant and has not studied enough. But your derivations oppose the teachings of Peter, Paul, James, John and Yeshua himself. Are you saying you are greater than them too?
    Man was man as a body formed from dust according to Gen 2.7
    God then breathed into him the breath of life and he became a living being-not a soul.

Rev 20.2″ And he laid hold of
    the DRAGON
    the SERPENT OF OLD,
    who is the DEVIL
    and SATAN
    and bound him for 1000yrs.”

2Jn .9″ Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God;the one who abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son”

JUST FOUND THIS POST…DONT MEAN TO IMPLY THAT ANYONE WHO DOESNT AGREE WITH ME IS IGNORANT OR NOT STUDIED ENOUGH…WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT MAYBE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS BASED ON WHAT ONE'S PRECONCIEVED KNOWLEDGE IS CAN BE BLINDING

YOU PRESUPPOSE THAT I DEVIATE WITHOUT KNOW WHAT OR WHY I BELEIVE AS I DO

THE SCRIPTS SAY THAT ADAM “BECAME” A LIVING SOUL OR SPIRIT MAN…HE BECAME A LIVING SOUL AFTER HIS BODY WAS FORMED & GOD BREATHED THE BREATH OF LIFE (SPIRIT) INTO HIM…THAT'S WHAT'S WRITTEN

THE DRAGON & SERPENT IS NOT SATAN…THEY ARE SYMBOLIC OF WITCHCRAFT & IDOLOTRY, THE OCCULT IN ALL VARIATIONS…THE DRAGON IS THAT OLD SERPENT FROM EDEN & SERPENT MEANS “TO WHISPER ENCHANTMENT”…ENCHANTMENT IS WIZARDRY, SORCERY, OCCULT KNOWLEDGE WHICH IS HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE & IS THE PRODUCT OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT LIFTING ITSELF UP AS GOD IN ANY SUBTLE MANNER

Anonymous

Dora, the q's were for Nick :)

Nick,
    Jesus said in John 14:14, “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”

He said we could make an appeal to Him. Who am I going to believe, Jesus or you?

Also, the phrase, “call upon the name of the Lord.” (1 Cor. 1:2) is further confirmation that we can Pray to Jesus. In the Old Testament that phrase is used only of God and it includes the meaning of worship, adoration, and prayer. Psalm 116:4 says, “Then I called upon the name of the Lord: 'O Lord, I beseech Thee, save my life!'”

Paul obviously knew the significance of the phrase, which included prayerful appeal, and applied it to Jesus.

In 1 Cor. 1:9 it says, “God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship [koinonia] with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Paul says we are to have koinonia with Jesus. Who am I to believe, Paul or you?

Of course we can pray to Jesus Nick, to say otherwise is to deny scripture

DORA
    Participant

LET ME ADD THAT MAN-MADE RELIGION IS A FORM OF OCCULT BECAUSE IT SLANDERS GOD, WHICH IS THE DEFIITION OF THE WORD DEVIL…EARTHLY, SENSUAL & DEVILISH IDEAS ARE THE RESULT OF MAN'S WISDOM & THEY ARE ADVERSARIAL TO TRUTH, WHICH IS THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD SATAN

RELIGIOUS SPIRITS ARE WHAT KILLED MESSIAH & THEY ARE KIN TO WITCHCRAFT & IDOLOTRY

DORA
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ Jan. 12 2005,18:26)
    Dora,
    I think Satan was a murderer from the begining because be facilitated the seperation between man and God. Because of his temptation, sin entered and death became a reality. Adam died but his death was attributed to satans medeling. Thats my reading of it, and i think its a commonly held one.

Nick,
    Could you please answer my questions about John 14:14 and I Cor 2.

:D SORRY, I SEE THAT YOU WERE ASKING NICK…OOPS

YES, THE BELIEF THAT SATAN WAS THE REASON FOR THE FALL IS COMMONLY HELD BUT NOT BASED ON SCRIPTURE IF RIGHTLY DIVIDED…MOST TEACH THAT SATAN BECAME WHO HE IS BY BEING CAST OUT OF HEAVEN WHERE HE WAS GOD'S HIGHEST ANGEL & THAT ISNT SCRIPTURAL EITHER, BUT IT IS TAUGHT AS TRUTH

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account