The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 6,641 through 6,660 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I can't see the irony because WorshippingJesus says openly that he is a Trinitarian. I do not say that I am a JW nor a Trinitarian, or any other label. Therefore when I call him a Trinitarian I do so because he says that he is one.

So calling me a JW when I never claimed to be one is rather immature in my opinion. I don't go round saying that he is ugly or that he is a Moonie, or a man of low intellect. I call him what he claims to be.

It's not a malice thing, it is the truth. But is is a lie to say that myself or others who do not hold to the Trinity are JWs.

There is one JW here as far as I know.

Is 1:18
    Participant

T8 is a henotheist and therefore because we are not, he then feels the need to put us in a category that he can understand.

T8 is just saying that because he like many people need to put labels on things. When you don't promote a label carnal men have to put one on you anyway. To them everything is about labels and they are suspicious of all the ones that they don't adhere to.

The Pharisees did the same to Christ. They accused him of being a 'friend of sinners' and others called Christians a 'cult'. You see this kind of behaviour often with kids. Except adults love to do it too, particularly in the realm of faith, religion, sport, and nationality. Of course this in reality gives the enemy plenty to work with to wrought the works that Jesus came here to destroy…..

charity
    Participant

hi t8

I am no longer a robot thinker I am free to find my own salvation, making many mad around me.

I guess I came here to heaven net with the attitude of
    I don’t mind what the truth is
    I don’t mind if Christ is fully God even, he shall be whatever God has said he shall be; I am not willful against Gods plan.
    and my job is to study to show myself approved
    the scriptures are my guild not the denominational theories
    I have already found there is not one full report I can follow not one denomination in my face view sight,
    I cannot be labeled.
    I am no longer a robot for any mans glory
    I love to agree with anyone in scripture, but also I am not desturbed if someone is not seeing how I see.
    My path is faith in the spirit to lead my faith has failed concerning mens knowledge

david
    Participant

WorshippingJesus is just saying that because he like many people need to put labels on things.

I would say it was more of a scare tactic or appeal to fear or ridicule.

Oh no, we don't want to be like JW's…

He's trying to disuade people, subtely perhaps, but I would say that was an underlying intent, or at least, a definite possible outcome of his words.

david
    Participant

a henotheist

At least he's not a lexiphanic, like some people who shall remain named Is 1:18

Participant

Better a lexiphanic (lexiphilic?) than a lexiphobic….that's what I always say….

charity
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 11 2007,06:08)

WorshippingJesus is just saying that because he like many people need to put labels on things.

I would say it was more of a scare tactic or appeal to fear or ridicule.

Oh no, we don't want to be like JW's…

He's trying to disuade people, subtely perhaps, but I would say that was an underlying intent, or at least, a definite possible outcome of his words.

For some reason man thinks because the nimbers are great the truth must be within
    But a narrow way exhibits a small percentage in truth

Better to go with whats least exceptible even

Just logic thinking

It is just one big battle to win souls nimbers llok convincing
    how many are tricked by how many are tricked

I have found JW's holding truth, and praise them for it

david
    Participant

Better a lexiphanic (lexiphilic?) than a lexiphobic….that's what I always say….

You would.

That's what you “always say.” Point proven.

Participant

You know David, you often criticise me for what amounts to obfuscation with language. The comments are sometimes quite hilarious, but I am beginning to wonder if you have an agenda in doing this….

When I read a word i'm unfamiliar with in a post (for instance), rather than cast aspersions on the author I look it up in the dictionary and commit to memory the word, it's correct spelling, and most important, the definition (always embarassing when you use a big word out of context and someone calls you on it!). That way I'm being proactive in improving my own vocabulary, and dragging myself up to the level of the other person, and not simply dragging him down to mine.

Why don't you try it?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 12 2007,01:02)
    T8 is a henotheist and therefore because we are not, he then feels the need to put us in a category that he can understand.

T8 is just saying that because he like many people need to put labels on things. When you don't promote a label carnal men have to put one on you anyway. To them everything is about labels and they are suspicious of all the ones that they don't adhere to.

The Pharisees did the same to Christ. They accused him of being a 'friend of sinners' and others called Christians a 'cult'. You see this kind of behaviour often with kids. Except adults love to do it too, particularly in the realm of faith, religion, sport, and nationality. Of course this in reality gives the enemy plenty to work with to wrought the works that Jesus came here to destroy…..

Is 1:18.

WorshippingJesus said we are JWs.

I think that no matter what you say, it is rather silly and now you are joining in and having a dig.

Wow it is amazing when people really search out the truth the reaction you get.

I don't bust other peoples parties and tell them how bad they are. I wouldn't waste my time. Yet you and others come here and spend heaps of time opposing us. What spirit makes you do it? Haven't you guys got better things to do with all the time you spend here accusing us and looking for weaknesses in our armour.

I mean come on, this is quite silly. :D

Why don't you spend the time you do here at a Trinitarian Board and promote your 3 persons one God substance there?

You will get a bigger audience than you do here probably.

Participant

WorshippingJesus said we are JWs.

t8, can you give me a quote for this?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Go back two pages.

He said something like this is a JW website and that we have aligned ourselves with the Watch Tower!

You can say that he wasn't calling us JWs but the above statement is clear enough for most to see what he is saying.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 11 2007,06:30)
    Haven't you guys got better things to do with all the time you spend here accusing us and looking for weaknesses in our armour.

t8, can you show me where I have accused you of something that was unjustified?

To my mind I ask you a lot of questions (that you summarily side step), but I don't recall railing accusations at you personally.

david
    Participant

You know David, you often criticise me for what amounts to obfuscation with language. The comments are sometimes quite hilarious, but I am beginning to wonder if you have an agenda in doing this….

My agenda is, primarily humor. But I do wonder why you don't or can't use normal understandable language.

When I read a word i'm unfamiliar with in a post (for instance), rather than cast aspersions on the author I look it up in the dictionary and commit to memory the word, it's correct spelling, and most important, the definition (always embarassing when you use a big word out of context and someone calls you on it!). That way I'm being proactive in improving my own vocabulary, and dragging myself up to the level of the other person, and not simply dragging him down to mine.

Well I commend you on this. It's something we should all do. Perhaps something you could work on is your communication skills. I think that often when people see strings of sentences with the words you use, they tend to question the point of reading it, thinking you're only trying to impress people or prove that you are correct because you know some words. Not that you are doing this, but I can see how many would get that impression. I'm at a 7th grade level in my wordiness. You are around grade 18. Bring it down a notch. When a good teacher is teaching a student something, they have to match the level of the listener. jesus spoke using simple everyday illustrations, speech that the common person could understand. we should imitate him in this.

Our theology is basically one of spreading the good news of peace and love, and truth. If anyone is diametrically opposed to this….

Participant

Hi all!

Is this a JW website?

I see that everyone has alighned themseves with the Watch Tower!

I can't speak for WJ, but I imagine he was referring to their christology. And yes there are probaby a few members here who hold only slight technical deviations to their teachings.

Obviously it wasn't a general comment on everyone here, as that would include me and my theology is basically diametrically opposed to the WT's.

Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 11 2007,06:41)
    My agenda is, primarily humor.  But I do wonder why you don't or can't use normal understandable language.  

Well I commend you on this.  It's something we should all do.  Perhaps something you could work on is your communication skills.  I think that often when people see strings of sentences with the words you use, they tend to question the point of reading it, thinking you're only trying to impress people or prove that you are correct because you know some words.  Not that you are doing this, but I can see how many would get that impression.  I'm at a 7th grade level in my wordiness.  You are around grade 18.  Bring it down a notch.  When a good teacher is teaching a student something, they have to match the level of the listener.  jesus spoke using simple everyday illustrations, speech that the common person could understand.  we should imitate him in this.

Well you appear to have no problem understanding me David. I am what I am. If I dialled it down then wouldn't I be trying to be someone I'm not? And what's wrong with a little diversity?

jesus spoke using simple everyday illustrations, speech that the common person could understand.  we should imitate him in this.

I do take your point David, but in case you haven't noticed Heaven.net is not always nursary level theology. Another point – Paul, who wrote about 3/4 of the NT, used very complex language and yes – sometimes he used big words. Do you have a problem with him too?

For David

david
    Participant

My agenda is, primarily humor.

I've noticed that we both edit our posts quite a bit.

david
    Participant

If I dialled it down then wouldn't I be trying to be someone I'm not?

I don't know… I thought you might have wanted to…

1 CORINTHIANS 9:20-23
    “And so to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain Jews; to those under law I became as under law, though I myself am not under law, that I might gain those under law. To those without law I became as without law, although I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ, that I might gain those without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some. But I do all things for the sake of the good news, that I may become a sharer of it with [others].”

david
    Participant

sometimes he used big words. Do you have a problem with him too?

I don't really remember this, and thanks for the link. I have just translated “elephant” from English to “elephant” in french. I wonder what I shall do with this new found power.

Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 11 2007,06:56)
    1 CORINTHIANS 9:20-23
    “And so to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain Jews; to those under law I became as under law, though I myself am not under law, that I might gain those under law. To those without law I became as without law, although I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ, that I might gain those without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some. But I do all things for the sake of the good news, that I may become a sharer of it with [others].”

And yet even Peter conceded this about his writings:

“in which are some things hard to understand” (2 Pet 3:16)

Paul's grammar was pretty consistent in all his NT writings. He wasn't being disingenuous about his education and the natural outworking of it.

Thought i'd throw another edit, in for old times sake…

Viewing 20 posts - 6,641 through 6,660 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account