The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 6,141 through 6,160 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

The truth of the matter is that if you make rules according to your understanding of Scripture, you end up with law. The Holy Spirit is needed to reveal Scripture in accordance with God's plan and your need. The same Scripture can mean many things to many different people. This is the very reason why we have been given the Holy Spirit, so that we are not bound by law, but we are free from the law in order to be led by the Spirit of Truth.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 29 2007,08:36)
    The truth of the matter is that if you make rules according to your understanding of Scripture, you end up with law.  The Holy Spirit is needed to reveal Scripture in accordance with God's plan and your need.  The same Scripture can mean many things to many different people.  This is the very reason why we have been given the Holy Spirit, so that we are not bound by law, but we are free from the law in order to be led by the Spirit of Truth.

True, but (with me anyway) sometimes we miss what the Holy Spirit is trying to say. And so (my experience anyway) the Lord will direct a brother or sister to explain something that I've missed. We should be careful how we treat a brother or sister because we may be enteraining ANGELS (messengers) of the LORD.

I H L,

Ken

music4two
    Participant

The truth of the matter is that if you make rules according to your understanding of Scripture, you end up with law.  The Holy Spirit is needed to reveal Scripture in accordance with God's plan and your need.  The same Scripture can mean many things to many different people.  This is the very reason why we have been given the Holy Spirit, so that we are not bound by law, but we are free from the law in order to be led by the Spirit of Truth.

Again with that as your sole means of interpretation you end up with every man's private interpretation for himself. (according to what he believes the spirit is telling him) This is also bordreing on Gnosticism in which the gnostics believed that Christianity is a purely revealed religion and one must have it only from that source.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (music4two @ Jan. 29 2007,16:27)

The truth of the matter is that if you make rules according to your understanding of Scripture, you end up with law. The Holy Spirit is needed to reveal Scripture in accordance with God's plan and your need. The same Scripture can mean many things to many different people. This is the very reason why we have been given the Holy Spirit, so that we are not bound by law, but we are free from the law in order to be led by the Spirit of Truth.

Again with that as your sole means of interpretation you end up with every man's private interpretation for himself. (according to what he believes the spirit is telling him) This is also bordreing on Gnosticism in which the gnostics believed that Christianity is a purely revealed religion and one must have it only from that source.

To be honest, I don't know anything about gnosticism, but surely our religion does come from one source.. God Himself. He gave us Jesus, He gave us the Scriptures and He gave us the Holy Spirit. He has also given us apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers.

All things come from Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    I agree to a point but neither are we advised to trust all the spirits but to test them as many deceiving spirits have gone out and led the saved away from truth. Those of the antichrist have come out from us.

Not every understanding of scripture is true but if you are guided by the Holy Spirit He will lead to the teachings of Jesus and their remembrance, and not to new nonbiblical teachings such as trinity, and that Spirit will bring peace and love and unity among the brethren.

We need the torch and the map.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    And the inner LAW of the Spirit is a result of the inner teaching of the Spirit. We are not ones who listen to spirit guides but the voice of the Lord which is according to scripture. We are not lawless but led by the Spirit through the teachings of scripture.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 29 2007,18:43)

Again with that as your sole means of interpretation you end up with every man's private interpretation for himself. (according to what he believes the spirit is telling him)  This is also bordreing on Gnosticism in which the gnostics believed that Christianity is a purely revealed religion and one must have it only from that source.

To be honest, I don't know anything about gnosticism, but surely our religion does come from one source.. God Himself. He gave us Jesus, He gave us the Scriptures and He gave us the Holy Spirit. He has also given us apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers.

When speaking of one source, I am speaking of the practice of being led solely of the spirit without the maturity to discern whether it is truly God or their imagination.

Participant

Quote (Cubes @ Jan. 27 2007,04:37)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 27 2007,06:23)
    Hi All:

There are some diseases that are contagious, and so I do believe that Jesus was subject to get sick just as we all are, and by his faith, if he did get sick, he could ask God for healing just as we can when we get sick.

My understanding of the scripture that states that “whatever is not of faith is sin” is that if you do something that you believe is contrary to the word of God then it is sin to you whereas it may not be sin to someone who believes differently–i.e eating pork.

God Bless

Hi 9,

Also, there was Job.  He was put through much suffering simply for loving God and being righteous.  Didn't Satan try a similar thing with Jesus albeit using different tactics by way of his desires?  

The purpose?  That either Job or Jesus should fall from righteousness and sin against God, no?  

Thus at least in Job's case, as in the blind man of John 9, personal sin could not account for their health problems.

Hi Cubes:

That which you write is true.  And Job did not have the revelation that you and I have.  God is a wise God.  This world is where we become like Jesus by learning to apply God's Word to our daily lives.

God allowed the man that was born blind to be born that way so that through his healing many would believe and be saved.
    Of course, his parents had sinned, but this was not allowed as punishment for their sin.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes but unless we are first reborn of the same Spirit that gave Christ the character and powers he showed, then copying him in our own strength, even according to the scriptures, is futility.

Jn 15
    ” 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
    Philippians 4:13
    “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 29 2007,18:46)

Hi Oxy,
    I agree to a point but neither are we advised to trust all the spirits but to test them as many deceiving spirits have gone out and led the saved away from truth. Those of the antichrist have come out from us.

Not every understanding of scripture is true but if you are guided by the Holy Spirit He will lead to the teachings of Jesus and their remembrance, and not to new nonbiblical teachings such as trinity, and that Spirit will bring peace and love and unity among the brethren.

We need the torch and the map.

What ever happened to Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Either you know the Lord's voice or you don't. If you don't know His voice, can you be called one of His?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 29 2007,19:11)

Hi Oxy,
    And the inner LAW of the Spirit is a result of the inner teaching of the Spirit. We are not ones who listen to spirit guides but the voice of the Lord which is according to scripture. We are not lawless but led by the Spirit through the teachings of scripture.

The Holy Spirit is not limited by the content of Scripture. If this was the case, how was Scripture revealed in the first place?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Jn 14
    ” 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. “

Jn 15
    “26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me”
    Jn 16
    ” 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. “

So The Spirit does not speak of His own initiative but glorifies Christ and teaches us all things from what is already told, giving remembrance of the words of Christ, and revealing from what is written in scripture, the future.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (music4two @ Jan. 29 2007,23:11)

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 29 2007,18:43)

Again with that as your sole means of interpretation you end up with every man's private interpretation for himself. (according to what he believes the spirit is telling him)  This is also bordreing on Gnosticism in which the gnostics believed that Christianity is a purely revealed religion and one must have it only from that source.

When speaking of one source, I am speaking of the practice of being led solely of the spirit without the maturity to discern whether it is truly God or their imagination.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

If we ask for the Holy Spirit will the Father give us a demon?

Luk 11:11 And of which of you that is a father shall his son ask a loaf, and he give him a stone? or a fish, and he for a fish give him a serpent?
    Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he give him a scorpion?

Is this not why Jesus died that we would have fellowship with the Father once more. We go boldly before the thrown through Jesus.

When the Holy Spirit speaks to you will know that the Spirit of God has visted you! Why would God allow you to be decieved when you ask for the Holy Spirit. This is not scriptural.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    If false deceiving spirits were not possible then why are told to test the spirits and warned that the antichrist spirit would manifest among the saints?

We are born in sin so all the seeds of every possible sin are dormant in us ready to spring to life.

Peter had just manifested the Holy Spirit and he had to be set free from an adversary that had also manifested straight afterwards.

Matt 16
    “18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. “

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 30 2007,18:31)
    Hi Kenrch,
    If false deceiving spirits were not possible then why are told to test the spirits and warned that the antichrist spirit would manifest among the saints?

We are born in sin so all the seeds of every possible sin are dormant in us ready to spring to life.

Peter had just manifested the Holy Spirit and he had to be set free from an adversary that had  also manifested straight afterwards.

Matt 16
    “18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. “

“We are born in sin so all the seeds of every possible sin are dormant in us ready to spring to life”

I agree the flesh is ready and does rise up in all of us from time to time some more than others. When we listen to the flesh we miss what the Spirit says. Isn't that what Jesus said to do?

Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.

All I know Jesus said if you ask for the Holy Spirit the Father will give it to you, Luke 11:13.

Mat 16:22 And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall never be unto thee.
    Peter was saying that what Jesus said was not going to happen. He was calling Jesus a liar! Wonder what spirit that was?
    MY sheep hear MY voice. What did He mean?

Sure we can be deceived with our wants and desires of the flesh. We are still flesh that's why we test the Spirit.
    We must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are gone forth into the world, even they that confess not that Jesus Christ cometh in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

It can work the opposite way also, you can greive the Holy Spirit by listening to your flesh thinking that wasn't the Holy Spirit it couldn't be it doesn't agree with ME. That's happened to me only to find out latter through a brother I was dead wrong, but we get up dust ourselves off and continue to walk. Amen?

seekingtruth
    Participant

but we get up dust ourselves off and continue to walk.  Amen?

Amen Ken,

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Forgetting what lays behind, I believe this to mean the good and the bad, the future is all we have left to make a difference one way or the other in the rest of our life. Dwelling on the past is but a stumbling block, although we can learn from it.

music4two
    Participant

Nick,
    What do you mean when you say we are born into sin? Do you believe in the original sin doctrine, that sin is passed down from Adam?Do you believe that man is born in a fallen state?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    See the “are we born with sin?” thread.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 31 2007,17:47)
    Hi m42,
    See the “are we born with sin?” thread.

Can't you ansdwer a simple question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    This is the trinity thread.
    It is not the appropriate thread for continued discussion.
    That is why I have replied today in the appropriate thread.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,141 through 6,160 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account