The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,681 through 5,700 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author

Hi W,
    So looking at your teaching.
    Christ was ever God who was clothed in a dead body.
    He came as God in flesh and with all his own powers.
    He was unlike to us as we are body, soul and spirit and have no godly powers.
    His anointing was just a ritualistic event and was never anointed by God with His Spirit on earth.
    We cannot follow him as we are alien to his experience, Christ never having been a normal man who died.

Anathema.

:( :( :(

Hi W,
    So looking at your teaching.
    Christ was ever God who was clothed in a dead body.
    He came as God in flesh and with all his own powers.
    He was unlike to us as we are body, soul and spirit and have no godly powers.
    His anointing was just a ritualistic event and was never anointed by God with His Spirit on earth.
    We cannot follow him as we are alien to his experience, Christ never having been a normal man who died.

Anathema.

NH

Not one scripture to show for this putting in my mouth what you said.

This is the way you see it fine. But you show me nothing scriptually showing me wrong! :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So let us try to restate what you teach.
    God came in flesh.
    It was not God as we know him because it was an emptied God.
    God then submitted to God.
    God was then anointed by God with God's power.
    Am I getting closer?

david
    Participant

David

Let me see if I get the picture!

Jesus and David walking together.

Jesus says…

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So david responds…
    Lord what does this prove that you can count to three? Congrats on that.

So in other words David, Jesus made this statement for a reason, and it was to disprove the Arian belief that The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not one!

Also it is to prove that there is a singular name for God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit now.

Jesus is that name!

The word for “Name” is a singular word David. Study it. It dosnt say in the “names” of. :)

First off, it couldn't possibly say in the “names of” because the holy spirit, NOT BEING A PERSON has no name.
    Over and over and over and over and over again, we are told of the Father's name about 7000 times. About 1000 times we see the name “Jesus” in scripture.
    Where is the “name” of the holy spirit revealed?

Since we know that sometimes the word “name” can be used in another sense (as in applying to things that definitely aren't persons and have no names, such as: “in the name of the law”) and since it seems the holy spirit has no name, or at least, none that the Bible writers or God himself felt important enough to have written down, FOR SOME REASON, it seems you are wrong.

As I've said before:

The Bible never speaks of the holy spirit in the same way that it speaks of God or of Jesus. For example, in the Bible, the holy spirit does not have a personal name.
    Is that just an insignificant detail? No, names are important in the Bible. God stressed the importance of his own name when he said: “I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.” (Isaiah 42:8) The importance of Jesus Christ’s name was emphasized before his birth when an angel told Mary: “You are to call his name Jesus.” (Luke 1:31) If the names of the Father and of the Son are so important, why does the holy spirit not have a personal name? Surely, this detail alone should make a person wonder whether the spirit is really equal to the Father and the Son.

God's holy spirit doesn't have a name any more than God's wisdom does, or God's kindness, or God's love.
    Yet, we can say: “In the name of love, and goodness, do the right thing.”
    Since “love” doesn't have a name (like the holy spirit) why O why would we think that the word “name” is being used that way?

You ask why name is in singular. I am curious. I truly am. Jesus and Jehovah have different names, and they are both mentioned in this verse, so how can it be referring to “name” in the sense you believe?

I just want to understand this and get this straight. YOu are saying that this verse proves that there “is a singular name for God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit now.”

And in that sense, it proves a part of the trinity, that the three are one, because they have the same name. Is that correct?

I have several thousand scriptures that show that they (The Father and Son) in fact have different names!
    And I would show a scripture that shows the holy spirit has a different name, but for some reason, I can't find God's holy spirit's name.

First off, it couldn't possibly say in the “names of” because the holy spirit, NOT BEING A PERSON has no name.
    Over and over and over and over and over again, we are told of the Father's name about 7000 times. About 1000 times we see the name “Jesus” in scripture.
    Where is the “name” of the holy spirit revealed?

Since we know that sometimes the word “name” can be used in another sense (as in applying to things that definitely aren't persons and have no names, such as: “in the name of the law”) and since it seems the holy spirit has no name, or at least, none that the Bible writers or God himself felt important enough to have written down, FOR SOME REASON, it seems you are wrong.

As I've said before:
    The Bible never speaks of the holy spirit in the same way that it speaks of God or of Jesus. For example, in the Bible, the holy spirit does not have a personal name.
    Is that just an insignificant detail? No, names are important in the Bible. God stressed the importance of his own name when he said: “I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.” (Isaiah 42:8) The importance of Jesus Christ’s name was emphasized before his birth when an angel told Mary: “You are to call his name Jesus.” (Luke 1:31) If the names of the Father and of the Son are so important, why does the holy spirit not have a personal name? Surely, this detail alone should make a person wonder whether the spirit is really equal to the Father and the Son.

God's holy spirit doesn't have a name any more than God's wisdom does, or God's kindness, or God's love.
    Yet, we can say: “In the name of love, and goodness, do the right thing.”
    Since “love” doesn't have a name (like the holy spirit) why O why would we think that the word “name” is being used that way?

You ask why name is in singular. I am curious. I truly am. Jesus and Jehovah have different names, and they are both mentioned in this verse, so how can it be referring to “name” in the sense you believe?

I just want to understand this and get this straight. YOu are saying that this verse proves that there “is a singular name for God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit now.”

And in that sense, it proves a part of the trinity, that the three are one, because they have the same name. Is that correct?

I have several thousand scriptures that show that they (The Father and Son) in fact have different names!
    And I would show a scripture that shows the holy spirit has a different name, but for some reason, I can't find God's holy spirit's name.

David

Ask Jesus, maybe he will show you. After all he is the one who spoke it! :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,

The Holy Spirit has a name.

God[YHWH].

To blaspheme or lie to or grieve the Spirit is to do the same to the source from which the Spirit emanates-God Himself.

If your cat bites your finger does he bite you?

david
    Participant

David

Ask Jesus, maybe he will show you. After all he is the one who spoke it! :O

If you can't answer my question, just say so.

Hi david,

God[YHWH].

Nick, I now borrow your line:
    Why go beyond what is written?

I'd like you to show me why you believe: the holy spirit is named “God” when God isn't actually even a name? ? ?

You know how many people in the world think “God” is God's name? ? ?
    Nick, you are making people less smart here. Please answer this in the “holy spirit” thread.

To blaspheme or lie to or grieve the Spirit is to do the same to the source from which the Spirit emanates-God Himself.

I agree with you on what you just said. But with what you said above, does that mean that your finger's name is “nick” then.

Or are you “nick” and your finger is your … finger.
    Jehovah's holy spirit is his …holy spirit.

Ask Jesus, maybe he will show you. After all he is the one who spoke it!

If you can't answer my question, just say so.

Hi david,

God[YHWH].

I'd like you to show me why you believe: the holy spirit is named “God” when God isn't actually even a name? ? ?

You know how many people in the world think “God” is God's name? ? ?
    Nick, you are making people less smart here. Please answer this in the “holy spirit” thread

David

I have many times, but you have shut your ears to here it. :O

david
    Participant

I completely agree that the holy spirit is used and spoken of possesively, as being God's spirit, or the spirit of God. And so God's finger or hand or the means that he accomplishes things–if you do something to it, you do something to him. It is his spirit.

But, this calling God's holy spirit's name: God.

That's like saying: Nick's fingers name is: Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Is not the Spirit of God the Spirit of God?

Does not God pour out His own Spirit?[Jl2]

What makes you think God is separate in glory from His own finger of power?

To blaspheme the Spirit is more serious than to blaspheme Christ because the Spirit is of God and God is greater than Christ.

JWs risk blasphemy in their apparent contemptuous treatment of the Spirit of God.

david
    Participant

David

I have many times, but you have shut your ears to here it. :O

You have many times what? Shown me a scripture that shows the holy spirit's name? Please give a page number and date for whatever you're speaking of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    The cat bit Nick.

david
    Participant

NICK WRITES:

Hi david,
    Is not the Spirit of God the Spirit of God?

Obviously

Does not God pour out His own Spirit?[Jl2]

Obviously

What makes you think God is separate in glory from His own finger of power?

I don't think God is separate in glory from his finger any more than you are separate in glory from your finger, Nick.

To blaspheme the Spirit is more serious than to blaspheme Christ because the Spirit is of God and God is greater than Christ.

God's finger or the means he accomplishes his will is greater than Christ's strength, yes.

JWs risk blasphemy in their apparent contemptuous treatment of the Spirit of God.

I was really hoping you'd continue the conversation. Where Oh where do I treat the holy spirt in a contemptuous manner?
    Where exactly? Which line?

Nick, you never answered my question:

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    The cat bit Nick.

More specifically, the cat bit a part of Nick, something that is “of” Nick.

The spirit “of” God.

Something that belongs to God.

Wisdom belongs to God.

Is “wisdom's” name God therefore?

Going back to your illustration.

A cat bites Nick's finger. Yes, it bit Nick or a part of Nick, something that is “of” nick. I don't argue that. But is your finger named Nick?

BECAUSE YOU SAID: The holy spirit's name is God.

“God” isn't even a name, as you know.

So what gives?

[/QUOTE]You have many times what?  Shown me a scripture that shows the holy spirit's name?  Please give a page number and date for whatever you're speaking of.

David
    In what name doe you recieve the Father?

In what name do you recieve the Son?

In what name do you recieve the Holy Spirit?

Thats your answer!

Matt
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 4:12
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 19:5
    When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

:O

david
    Participant

Sorry, where is God's holy spirit's name?

Sorry, where is God's holy spirit's name?

David

What name did the Apostles use to fullfill the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit?

???

david
    Participant

David

What name did the Apostles use to fullfill the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit?

Fine, don't answer my question. I really thought you were going to try to show me the holy spirit's name. But I guess you couldn't find it.

what is your finger's name, WJ? I just call my finger “finger.” I call my hand “hand.”
    God's holy spirit, his finger does not need a name. But we must recognize the role it plays in God's workings. To go against God's holy spirit would be greivous and a terrible mistake.

Back to your question, since you won't answer mine.

In the name of all that is good, in the name of truth, in the name of simplicity and peace, in the name of what is right, in the name of all that is good and holy, in the name of all that is just and upright, I ask you truthfuly….
    if there is no name given for the holy spirit in scripture ever, (whereas God's name is mentioned 7000 times for example,) why ascribe that meaning of “name” to this verse?
    As well, since it mentions name only in singular and since there are three mentioned and at least two of them have different names (the Father and Son) again, I ask, why ascribe that meaning of “name” to this verse?
    Everything goes against it, except the belief you cling to.

Hi WJ,
    Funny that you quoted Jeremiah 10:10, I was watching a DVD debate between James White and Greg Stafford today and that same verse was raised (by White).

Here is the verse put in its immediate context:

Jeremiah 10:10-11
    10But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King at His wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure His indignation. 11Thus you shall say to them, “The gods that did not make the heavens and the earth will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.”

In the verses leading up to vss 10 and 11 YHWH mocks the “customs of the peoples (i.e. nations)”, and in particular their idols. Then in vs 10 he identifies Himself as the true God. But in vs 11 he gives the Israelites some monotheistic apologetic material, as it were (“you shall say to them”) – they were to use His act of creation to authenticate Him as the True God. Only the true God can make the “heavens and the earth “, in contrast the false gods can make nothing.

What do the NT authors ascribe to Yahshua:

John 1:3
    All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Colossians 1:16
    For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities–all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Hebrews 1:2
    in these last days (B)has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Hebrews 1:10
    YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH, AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS

Creation, that is how the True God is to be identified.

The Holy Spirit has many appalations. Just as the Father and the Son!

Jesus refered to him as the Comfortor.

But the Name that refers to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit is Jesus, the name above all names!

Jesus said he has a name. Thats good enough for me. :O

david
    Participant

The Holy Spirit has many appalations. Just as the Father and the Son!

Jesus refered to him as the Comfortor.

My computer often is a comforter. It's often a helper. It's often an annoyance. It's often my enemy. It's sometimes my friend.

BUT MY COMPTUER DOESN'T HAVE A NAME!

Viewing 20 posts - 5,681 through 5,700 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account