The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,021 through 5,040 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Well we do not jump to the impossible conclusion that Jesus is his own Father as well.

1Cor 3
    ” 4For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. “

Jas 1
    ” 16Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.”

God is the source of all and He uses servants.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 21 2006,08:35)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    Well we do not jump to the impossible conclusion that Jesus is his own Father as well.

That's not my conclusion….if it was I would not have written this:

Psalm 102:25 was written in exclusive reference to the Most High God, YHWH, and the writer of Hebrews unequivocally applied it to Jesus. According to the writer it was the Father Himself who personally addresses His Son as the actual executor of the Creation event!

Do you have any comments to make on how can we can reconcile Isaiah 44:24 and Hebrews 1:10 within the framework of monarchial monotheism?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Why be God and do all the hard work forever?
    Better to beget a son and through him all of creation while still owning all that work.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 21 2006,09:00)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    Why be God and do all the hard work forever?
    Better to beget a son and through him all of creation while still owning all that work.

lol you are impossible Nick

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 21 2006,08:56)

Psalm 102:25 was written in exclusive reference to the Most High God, YHWH, and the writer of Hebrews unequivocally applied it to Jesus. According to the writer it was the Father Himself who personally addresses His Son as the actual executor of the Creation event!

Do you have any comments to make on how can we can reconcile Isaiah 44:24 and Hebrews 1:10 within the framework of monarchial monotheism?

Greetings Is 1:18
    The short answer is that the writer of Hebrew's quote of Psalms 102:25 is taken from the LXX (Septuagint).

The LXX text reads different from the Hebrew text (MT).
    Hence, the LXX rendering has a different sense entirely from the Masoretic rendering of Psalms 102:23-25; however both are speaking of the new heavens & earth to come i.e. the restoration of Zion, etc (cp. Acts 1.6, 3.21)

The writer of Hebrews is using the context of the LXX's rendering of Psalms 102:23ff!
    In the LXX rendering of Psa. 102:23ff, the quote of v. 25 (as quoted in Heb 1.10) is taken from GOD's answer to the suppliant (the Lord Messiah); and the context is about the new heavens & earth to come! i.e. the Coming Kingdom of GOD here on earth.
    In the LXX rendering, GOD is addressing the Messianic Lord in connection with the rest of Psalm 102 which speak of “the generation to come” and the set time for YAHWEH to build up Zion and appear in His glory. This is a vision of the coming Kingdom!

Quote (F.F. Bruce @ New International Commentary on Hebrews)
    In the LXX, Septuagint text, the person to whom these words (‘of old you laid the foundation of the earth’) are spoken is addressed explicitly as ‘lord.’ God bids him acknowledge the shortness of God’s set time for the restoration of Jerusalem (v. 13) and not summon Him [God] to act when that set time has only half expired, while He [God] assures him [the suppliant] that he and his servants’ children will be preserved forever.

The risen, glorified Jesus is now indeed the agent of the new creation to come!

Remember, the writer of Hebrews does explain his context:
    (Heb 2:5)  For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

It is the world to come, the inhabited earth to come, the new heavens & earth to come, the Kingdom to come,
    of which he speaks. Not the Genesis creation.

For more info see http://www.focusonthekingdom.org/92.htm#1

Oh BTW Is 1:18,
    As you rightly pointed out,

Isaiah 44:24, as I read it, is an unequivical and exclusivist statement – strongly affirming that no one other than YHWH “stretcheth forth the heavens” and “spreadeth abroad the earth”

Yes. YHWH alone created all things. No one was co-creating with Him! YHWH created all things alone!

Thus, John 1.3 is simply speaking about GOD's [spoken] word i.e.
    (Psa 33:6)  By the word of YAHWEH were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
    (Psa 33:9)  For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

John 1:3 as nothing to do with the Messiah or any other being! It is simply talking about GOD's word by which GOD created all things.

(Incidentally the majority of English Bibles before the 1611 KJV, translated John 1:1-4 using it instead of him, beginning with Tyndale's translation e.g. “3 All things were made by it; and without it was not any thing made that was made. 4 In it was life; …”

This translation brought out the true sense of John 1:1-4; since these verses are speaking about GOD's word, not Jesus nor anybody else! It is simply about GOD's word which wasn't made flesh until v.14 i.e. the conception of Jesus of Nazareth!)

1 Cor 8.6 & Heb 1.2 speaks of GOD creating all things through (Greek dia not 'by') Jesus His Son.
    That is, GOD created the ages and all things with His Son in mind. GOD's Son is the reason for the Creation. Jesus, the Son of GOD, the Son of the Father [2 John 3] is not himself the creator nor a co-creator in the Genesis creation. However the Creator, GOD Himself, had foreordained that His Son would be made, Lord of all His Creation. GOD thus created all things with this in mind.
    Even Jesus attributed the Genesis Creation to GOD alone [Mark 10.6, 13.19]

Now Col 1.16 like Heb 1.10 is speaking of the new heavens and earth, the Coming Kingdom of GOD, hence,
    (Col 1:16)  … visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by [not 'by', THROUGH, Gk. dia] him, and for him:
    The context is about the thrones, dominions, principalities, & powers to come in the Coming Kingdom of GOD [Heb 2.5]

Hope this helps to answer your questions!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    What is wrong with God using instruments to achieve His will? If you were told by your dad to dig the garden would you use your hands or find a spade?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 21 2006,18:43)
    Hi Oxy,
    What is wrong with God using instruments to achieve His will? If you were told by your dad to dig the garden would you use your hands or find a spade?

I wouldn't dig the garden. I hate gardening!

But seriously, Jesus was way more than an instrument. To call Him such seems to me very much like an insult.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Of course he was. He was a being with life in himself, his own spirit and a will of his own.
    Nonetheless he ascribed all of his works of power to God dwelling in him.

The LXX text reads different from the Hebrew text (MT).
    Hence, the LXX rendering has a different sense entirely from the Masoretic rendering of Psalms 102:23-25; however both are speaking of the new heavens & earth to come i.e. the restoration of Zion, etc (cp. Acts 1.6, 3.21)

The writer of Hebrews is using the context of the LXX's rendering of Psalms 102:23ff!
    In the LXX rendering of Psa. 102:23ff, the quote of v. 25 (as quoted in Heb 1.10) is taken from GOD's answer to the suppliant (the Lord Messiah); and the context is about the new heavens & earth to come! i.e. the Coming Kingdom of GOD here on earth.
    In the LXX rendering, GOD is addressing the Messianic Lord in connection with the rest of Psalm 102 which speak of “the generation to come” and the set time for YAHWEH to build up Zion and appear in His glory. This is a vision of the coming Kingdom!

Quote (F.F. Bruce @ New International Commentary on Hebrews)
    In the LXX, Septuagint text, the person to whom these words (‘of old you laid the foundation of the earth’) are spoken is addressed explicitly as ‘lord.’ God bids him acknowledge the shortness of God’s set time for the restoration of Jerusalem (v. 13) and not summon Him [God] to act when that set time has only half expired, while He [God] assures him [the suppliant] that he and his servants’ children will be preserved forever.

The risen, glorified Jesus is now indeed the agent of the new creation to come!

Remember, the writer of Hebrews does explain his context:
    (Heb 2:5)  For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

It is the world to come, the inhabited earth to come, the new heavens & earth to come, the Kingdom to come,
    of which he speaks. Not the Genesis creation.

For more info see http://www.focusonthekingdom.org/92.htm#1

Oh BTW Is 1:18,
    As you rightly pointed out,
    Isaiah 44:24, as I read it, is an unequivical and exclusivist statement – strongly affirming that no one other than YHWH “stretcheth forth the heavens” and “spreadeth abroad the earth”

Yes. YHWH alone created all things. No one was co-creating with Him! YHWH created all things alone!

Thus, John 1.3 is simply speaking about GOD's [spoken] word i.e.
    (Psa 33:6)  By the word of YAHWEH were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
    (Psa 33:9)  For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

John 1:3 as nothing to do with the Messiah or any other being! It is simply talking about GOD's word by which GOD created all things.

(Incidentally the majority of English Bibles before the 1611 KJV, translated John 1:1-4 using it instead of him, beginning with Tyndale's translation e.g. “3 All things were made by it; and without it was not any thing made that was made. 4 In it was life; …”

This translation brought out the true sense of John 1:1-4; since these verses are speaking about GOD's word, not Jesus nor anybody else! It is simply about GOD's word which wasn't made flesh until v.14 i.e. the conception of Jesus of Nazareth!)

1 Cor 8.6 & Heb 1.2 speaks of GOD creating all things through (Greek dia not 'by') Jesus His Son.
    That is, GOD created the ages and all things with His Son in mind. GOD's Son is the reason for the Creation. Jesus, the Son of GOD, the Son of the Father [2 John 3] is not himself the creator nor a co-creator in the Genesis creation. However the Creator, GOD Himself, had foreordained that His Son would be made, Lord of all His Creation. GOD thus created all things with this in mind.

Now Col 1.16 like Heb 1.10 is speaking of the new heavens and earth, the Coming Kingdom of GOD, hence,
    (Col 1:16)  … visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by [not 'by', THROUGH, Gk. dia] him, and for him:
    The context is about the thrones, dominions, principalities, & powers to come in the Coming Kingdom of GOD [Heb 2.5]

Hope this helps to answer your questions!

Adam Pastor

What kind of twisted exposition is this!

I’m sure Is 1:18 would have a better response than I but I couldn’t let this go unchallenged.

You say “The LXX text reads different from the Hebrew text (MT).

AP
    The scriptural context is evident by the word “OF OLD” in vs. 25.

25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
    [26] They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

Every major translation has interpreted this to be in the past and now you come along with some new interpretation and doctrine to say that God did not create everything through Jesus The Word!

You say” 1 Cor 8.6 & Heb 1.2 speaks of GOD creating all things through (Greek dia not 'by') Jesus His Son.

AP
    You wrest the scriptures or else they contradict!

What about Col1:16-18. Again should we take your word over all the major Translators, should we establish some new doctrine that Jesus I suppose by your stand was created and was not The Word by whom and through whom God made all things?

I think not! I’ve heard it all now. Too many errors to comment on.

NKJV
    Col 1:16-18 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. **All things were created through Him and for Him**. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

NIV
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; **all things were created by him and for him**. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the
    body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy

ESV
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; **all things were created by him and for him**. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

NASB
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
    **For by Him all things were created**, {both} in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities–all things have been created through Him and for Him.
    He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
    He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

RSV
    He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
    **for in him all things were created**, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities–all things were created through him and for him.
    He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.

ASV
    who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
    for **in him were all things created**, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
    and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
    And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

YLT
    who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation
    because **in him were the all things created**, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,
    and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
    And himself is the head of the body — the assembly — who is a beginning, a first-born out of the dead, that he might become in all [things] — himself — first,

Darbys
    who is image of the invisible God, firstborn of all creation;
    because** by him were created all things**, the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or principalities, or authorities: all things have been created by him and for him.
    And *he* is before all, and all things subsist together by him
    And *he* is the head of the body, the assembly; who is [the] beginning, firstborn from among the dead, that *he* might have the first place in all things:

Websters
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature:
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are upon earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead; that in all [things] he may have the pre-eminence.
    :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,.
    You quote
    “Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature:”

Yet you would suggest we should worship the image and not the original?

Hi W,.
    You quote
    “Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature:”

Yet you would suggest we should worship the image and not the original?

Hey Nick!

Whats the difference in worshipping an Image or serving one and calling it Lord?:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You need to know the difference between
    our God
    and
    our Lord
    if you are one of the “US”.

1Cor 8
    ” 6But to us there is but
    one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and
    one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”
    Scripture says there is a difference

Hi W,
    You need to know the difference between
    our God
    and
    our Lord
    if you are one of the “US”.

1Cor 8
    ” 6But to us there is but
    one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and
    one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”
    Scripture says there is a differenece

Hi Nick

Pretty harsh words. You Know I honor and worhip Jesus as the Father commands, bowing my knee to him like the Apostles that walked with him who also worshipped him even calling him Lord and God!

You know it dosnt say in the scriptures that a man has to be saved through the Father. There is no other name among heaven given whereby a man must be saved. Jesus said “I am  the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by Me”

He also said Jn10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
    [8] All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
    [9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
    [10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
    [11] I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I suppose I could put down a hundred scriptures or more all pointing to Jesus!

Why is there so much emphasis put on honoring the Father, which surely he should be, But the Father has commanded to give the Honor to the Son!

I Jn 2:23] Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
    [24] Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

I have never denied the Son here or the Father but find judgment and ridicule against my faith in the Lord Jesus my Savour.

Jesus said search the scriptures for in them they testify of Me!

If one has an ear to hear then you will see that the scriptures reveal Jesus.

The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophesy.

My prayer is that we come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God unto a perfect man and unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ!

So Nick if denying the Father, Son And Holy Spirit as one God,  is what I have to do to be one of (us), then I choose to continue in the truth that I know.

I actually not to long ago read in one of the post some joking about putting trinitarians on a stake. I've read a lot of hostility against trinitarians in this forum and feel little of the Love of God!

If it is because this forum is for a certain type of Christians and its not open for discussion for those who would disagree, then Ill leave. But I have to admit this forum has caused me to grow tremendously in the scriptures, however it has also only strengthed my faith in the trinity as being the closest way of seeing God in all the scriptures. But I dont use the word trinity because I am in agreement that its not a biblical term like many other terms that we may use to describe a thing but is not found persa in the scriptures.
    Finally I think it is a dangerous thing to condemn someone as not knowing God simply because they dont agree with you, for or against the trinity.
    I can handle it because I came here with enough of the scriptures that my faith wasnt destroyed.

But what about a young lamb who is in a baby stage and all they know is Jesus Saves, and they come here and a harsh word is thrown at them because they mention Jesus as God, and they stumble and fall. There would be some accountability there I think.

Anyway Jesus said this is my commandment that you Love one another that your Joy may be full.

So be it Lord Jesus!

sscott
    Participant

Finally I think it is a dangerous thing to condemn someone as not knowing God simply because they dont agree with you, for or against the trinity.
    I can handle it because I came here with enough of the scriptures that my faith wasnt destroyed.

But what about a young lamb who is in a baby stage and all they know is Jesus Saves, and they come here and a harsh word is thrown at them because they mention Jesus as God, and they stumble and fall. There would be some accountability there I think.

Anyway Jesus said this is my commandment that you Love one another that your Joy may be full.

amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The problem with trinity is that it makes christianity just like any other religion of the world. There is an icon God out there that needs to be approached somehow and worshipped. Trinity God is a distant three parcelled into one being external to our experience, unknowable and unapproachable.

But the family of God is different. Jesus is the way, the mediator between God, his Father, and us. We must come to him and enter the gate of salvation that is in him to be welcomed into the family of God and to share in the blessings including the Spirit and His gifts and and the love of God and fellowship with Him forever.

Our relationship with our God is totally unlike the religions of the world.

olive
    Participant

Actually, WJ

Young lambs need to hear the truth right off, teaching them the truth while they are young, will deterr the battles as they become the sheep, if the spirit is w/ them, then the words of truth may seem harsh, but coviction will follow when they hear the truth. Then understanding and wisdom follows.

Harsh words from Nick, I say AMEN, BROTHER NICK AMEN.

Hi W,
    The problem with trinity is that it makes christianity just like any other religion of the world. There is an icon God out there that needs to be approached somehow and worshipped. Trinity God is a distant three parcelled into one being external to our experience, unknowable and unapproachable.

But the family of God is different. Jesus is the way, the mediator between God, his Father, and us. We must come to him and enter the gate of salvation that is in him to be welcomed into the family of God and to share in the blessings including the Spirit and His gifts and and the love of God and fellowship with Him forever.

Our relationship with our God is totally unlike the religions of the world.

Trintarians  say there are three persons in *one* God. Father-Son-Holy Spirit.

Polytheist say that there are two Gods. The greater one is called Father, the lessor one the Son is called Lord and master and those two Gods have a Holy Spirit that is an amazing force or power

Of those two definitions I choose the first.

This debate has been going on for at least 1700 years, and your little sect or group has no corner on the truth.

If a man accepts Jesus as his Savior. Who am I or you to cast a shadow on that person as to his relationsip with God. Judge not that you be not judged!

Luke 9:49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
    50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid [him] not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Mk 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
    38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
    39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
    40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Very often you find in history men trying to seperate themselves from an elitist group only to end up as elitist themselves.

This is why we have all kinds of denominations and sects and divisions, because someone had a **new truth** and seperated themselves and became what they were trying not to be.

Because a group or sect does not “have a name” dosnt mean they are not falling into the same trap.

Elitism hasnt changed its still ugly!

This is why the Pharisees and the Saddusees were rebuked by Christ because they Lorded over the people with thier brand of truth.

If one comes in the name of Jesus he should be accepted in the beloved. I suppose though that for many thier doctrine is more important.

We should with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbear one another in love;
    Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.

This is just my opinion!

Actually, WJ

Young lambs need to hear the truth right off, teaching them the truth while they are young, will deterr the battles as they become the sheep, if the spirit is w/ them, then the words of truth may seem harsh, but coviction will follow when they hear the truth. Then understanding and wisdom follows.

Harsh words from Nick, I say AMEN, BROTHER NICK AMEN.

Olive

Blessings:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Trinitarians have gone outside of scripture to avoid the charge of polytheism. Going outside of scripture is anathema and means that there is no God given foundation for truth as a basis for their doctrine and they are in rebellion against God in so doing.

Polytheists do not just know of several gods but they worship several gods. Scripture does not say there are two gods. It says that, by God's appelation, “there are many gods, BUT FOR US THERE IS ONE GOD.”

We worship one God, the Father. Ironically it is trintarians that tell us to worship two.

Eph 3
    “14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “If one comes in the name of Jesus he should be accepted in the beloved. I suppose though that for many thier doctrine is more important. “
    But John says in 2Jn
    ” 4I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

5And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

12Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.”

We would love to fellowship with you eternally in the truth of Christ

Viewing 20 posts - 5,021 through 5,040 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account