The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 4,461 through 4,480 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 09 2006,01:08)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 09 2006,00:55)
    I wonder if the domain name thetrinitycreatedeverythingthroughevolution.com is available?

I bet you could make a bit from Google advertising on that site.

Is 1:18, do you believe in the theory of evolution?

Do I believe there is a theory of evolution?

Yes.

Do I believe it adequately explains the origin and diversity of life on earth?

No.

Hi Is 1.18,
    You agree Darwin's theory does not explain creation.

Do you think the trinity theory adequately explains God?

Once before you admitted it may have flaws but was the best explanation you had found to explain God as revealed in the bible.

Is this still your view?

What faults have you found in it?

If it has flaws should we not discard it in search of a better explanation?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 09 2006,00:45)

Quote (Elidad @ Sep. 08 2006,23:54)
    But as Nick has pointed out, he is referred to as a God.

Hello Elidad,
    Can you please point me to a verse in the Bible where Yahshua is referred to as “a God”?

Thanks

Hi HICITC,
    Here is what I specifically asked…

PS; any comment on Heb 1:10, Ps 102:25?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 09 2006,00:06)
    Oxy, I am still waiting for your explanation as to why the trinity doctrine that you promote, directly breaks hundreds of scriptures.

How do you explain away that fact that the word “God” replaced with the word “Trinity” nullifies the word of God?

Do you just ignore this fact? Or do you have a reason. I await your reason, but if I do not get one, then I can only conclude that you choose to remain ignorant.

Gee sorry t8, I've been away from my puter.. I have a life! lol

I don't see where the conflict is. Perhaps you can give me an example or two? Just a couple will do, don't get carried away.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 08 2006,22:47)

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 08 2006,21:41)
    What's your point Nick? Both questions seem a little ridiculous.

Hi Oxy,
    If you find ridiculous
    the thought of being in Christ
    as the branch is in the vine,
    then you have not grasped
    the meaning of the Son of God
    coming to earth to save us yet.

Yeah, I got that point Nick, but you haven't responded to Jesus being returned to His former glory, as before the creation of the earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Former Glory?
    Greater Glory-under God.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2006,01:43)

True.

My position is that the trinity doctrine best accounts for ALL the biblical data we are given on the Father, Son and Spirit.

Once before you admitted it may have flaws but was the best explanation you had found to explain God as revealed in the bible.

I don't recall this, may I have a quote please?

Is this still your view?

I can't think of any flaws off the top of my head.

If I was presented with a better explanation I would consider abandoning the trinity theory – yes. But the fact is I have not been presented with anything that even remotely challenges it in regard to the best fit with the whole council of scripture, certainly not the henotheism that you and others teach. The main problem I have in evaluating your Christology relative to mine is that when I try to test yours by asking direct questions, you refuse to answer them directly. How could I even begin to consider your view as having validity under these circumstances?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2006,02:00)
    Hi Oxy,
    Former Glory?
    Greater Glory-under God.

In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.

That was His former glory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 09 2006,01:42)
    Dear Is 1:18,

You asked where there was scripture saying that Jesus was referred to as God and I provided it. God the Father himself referred to the Son as God. And it goes with all that I believe. That the Father begat the Son in the beginning and made him God over all of creation. And all of creation came into being by the Son and through the Son by the will of the Father through the unction of the Holy Spirit.

Hi H,
    You have missed the bit where Jesus is APPOINTED God. We need all the words to make such a statement.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 09 2006,02:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2006,02:00)
    Hi Oxy,
    Former Glory?
    Greater Glory-under God.

In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.

That was His former glory.

HI Oxy,
    WAs he always God Himself and never the Son of God?

Oxy
    Participant

Nick, the Bible states very clearly that the Word was with God, so there must be more than one.

It also states that the Word was God, so there are two, but we mustn't forget the Holy Spirit, that that makes ummm… let me see…… 3

The Word became the Son of God at the point when Mary conceived.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 09 2006,02:20)
    Nick, the Bible states very clearly that the Word was with God, so there must be more than one.

It also states that the Word was God, so there are two, but we mustn't forget the Holy Spirit, that that makes ummm… let me see……  3

Hi OXy,
    Three gods?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 09 2006,02:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2006,01:43)

True.

My position is that the trinity doctrine best accounts for ALL the biblical data we are given on the Father, Son and Spirit.

I don't recall this, may I have a quote please?

Is this still your view?

I can't think of any flaws off the top of my head.

If I was presented with a better explanation I would consider abandoning the trinity theory – yes. But the fact is I have not been presented with anything that even remotely challenges it in regard to the best fit with the whole council of scripture, certainly not the henotheism that you and others teach. The main problem I have in evaluating your Christology relative to mine is that when I try to test yours by asking direct questions, you refuse to answer them directly. How could I even begin to consider your view as having validity under these circumstances?

Hi Is 1.18,
    So faced with the fact that the bible speaks of other beings as God you have decided that it is scriptural to make them all into one God?

But even that excludes other beings who are called god

like the god of this world?

Oxy
    Participant

No Nick, one God consisting of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Glad I wasn't YOUR teacher at school! lol

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    This is not trinity school.
    We are bible students
    That is where truth is to be found.

Oxy
    Participant

I thought it was the Spirit's job to reveal truth.

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You are in the right chapter of John so reading further
    ” 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 09 2006,02:20)

It also states that the Word was God, so there are two, but we mustn't forget the Holy Spirit, that that makes ummm… let me see……  3

Hi OXy,
    So let me get this straight.

According to you
    The Word was part of God
    became the Son of God
    then reverted to being God?

Have I got it right?

Oxy
    Participant

Nope

NickHassan
    Participant

Good.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2006,02:25)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    So faced with the fact that the bible speaks of other beings as God you have decided that it is scriptural to make them all into one God?

Hi NH,
    I haven't made them into anything, as I previously stated the trinity doctrine to me makes the best sense of ALL the biblical data we are given on the Father, Son and Spirit. I try not to pre-suppose anything about the ontology of a Universe-creating divine being. The infinite should not be held hostage to a finite limitation.

But even that excludes other beings who are called god

like the god of this world?

I don't dispute that beings beside YHWH are called “theos” or “elohim” in Scripture, what I do dispute is that they are called this because they are divine. To affirm this is to affirm polytheism. There is only one divine being – YHWH.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,461 through 4,480 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account