The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 4,381 through 4,400 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

The Scriptures you have quoted talk about abiding in Christ, not the Scriptures. Remember that the Scriptures are about God, not the other way around. God is God of the Scriptures. Jesus broke the Scriptures and was accused by the Pharisees, and He answered them in the same light.

You are treading very dangerous ground Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Make sure that you stand on rock before casting stones at others.
    ” 46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You say God told you
    “and lead astray those who are the Lords”
    Who are these LORDS?
    Do we not have one LORD?

1Jn 4
    “1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world”

Elidad
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 06 2006,22:36)

Elidad I am not Catholic and nd many of their practises to be totally anti-Scriptural. I was not aware of the trinitarian concept being more than just acknowledging Father, Son and Holy Spirit before I found this site, and from what I've seen, I do not claim to be a trinitarian at all, but I do believe in Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I will check out the site later, thanks.

Hi Oxy, The discussion has been moving a little too fast for me. Only now just catching up with some of the past posts. Your above comment puzzles me a somewhat. Firstly I never said you were a Catholic.

However, by your own admission you are Catholic whether you acknowledge it or not, if you subscribe to the belief of three Gods in one, as this is one of the hallmarks of the Catholic Faith, as the Athanasius Creed states.

If you check with a good Dictionary, you can see what is embraced by use of this term.

Cheers

Elidad :)

Oxy
    Participant

Elidad.. you speak of things that obviously do not understand.

You certainly don't understand me so don't try to tell me what I believe or where my faith comes from.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 08 2006,05:21)
    Nick, I have never said that a trinity indwells us. Can I ask you AGAIN what church you go to? It might help me understand where you're coming from.

Oxy, are you a follower of Paul, Silas, or Christ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Oxy.

What defined and still defines the Roman Catholic faith is the Trinity. Whether you call yourself a Roman Catholic or not, by your belief in the Trinity doctrine you are Roman Catholic according to the Roman Catholic Church the guardians and promoters of that doctrine. They only await you to come back to the mother. One more step and you are there.

Here is your faith which you have professed to us:

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the Catholic Faith is this, that we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is all One, the Glory Equal, the Majesty Co-Eternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father Uncreate, the Son Uncreate, and the Holy Ghost Uncreate. The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Etneral and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Uncomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not Three Almighties but One Almighty…

Oxy
    Participant

Nick, you are a self opinionated delusional twit.. lol

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 08 2006,00:16)
    Nick, you are a self opinionated delusional twit.. lol

Hi Oxy,
    bless you too bro

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Elidad @ Sep. 07 2006,23:07)

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 06 2006,22:36)

Elidad I am not Catholic and nd many of their practises to be totally anti-Scriptural.  I was not aware of the trinitarian concept being more than just acknowledging Father, Son and Holy Spirit before I found this site, and from what I've seen, I do not claim to be a trinitarian at all, but I do believe in Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  I will check out the site later, thanks.

Hi Oxy, The discussion has been moving a little too fast for me. Only now just catching up with some of the past posts. Your above comment puzzles me a somewhat. Firstly I never said you were a Catholic.

However, by your own admission you are Catholic whether you acknowledge it or not, if you subscribe to the belief of three Gods in one, as this is one of the hallmarks of the Catholic Faith, as the Athanasius Creed states.

If you check with a  good Dictionary, you can see what is embraced by use of this term.

Cheers

Thans Elidad,
    Your wisdom is welcome balm.

Elidad
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 07 2006,20:22)
    Elidad.. you speak of things that obviously do not understand.

You certainly don't understand me so don't try to tell me what I believe or where my faith comes from.

Hi Oxy, It is not a case of speaking of things that I do not understand, but rather a matter of speaking in terms of the thoughts that you are expressing. If you do not fully understand the implications of the terms that you use, is is right to say that I do not understand what you believe?

The Scriptures says “as a man thinketh in his heart so is he” Proverbs 23:7

Thus, the way I see it, the words you chose to use to express your thoughts in this Forum, give an indication of who and what you are, unless of course you are choosing the wrong words to convey your thoughts?

I can only understand you by as much as your words reveal. So if I am failing to have a full appreciation of what you are driving at, perhaps you might like to add some clarification.

From reading your posts, I get the impression that you believe in the trinity concept of God, similar if not the same as that promoted by conventional theological thinking. Although you evidently have your own version of the trinity concept, as it certainly doesn't seem to be lining up with the popular and official concept.

So perhaps you could explain yourself some more, so that I can get a proper handle on what you are really advocating?

Peace be with you.

Oxy
    Participant

It's obvious we're just going round in circles here. I stand by what God showed me last night:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.

If you study the Hebrew, God is saying “Let Us (God being in the plural sense) fashion man after Us”

God made us this way:
    Body – The flesh.
    Soul – Identity, including the thought process, personality, decision making.
    Spirit – Conscience, “6th sense”, intuition, inner knowledge.

We are one being, but made up of three parts, fashioned after God.

Oxy
    Participant

I know how God favours His Son. I would far rather be accused by the Father for thinking too highly of His beloved Son than thinking too little of Him!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    So what part of God is flesh?
    Scripture says God is spirit.

Oxy
    Participant

If you can't figure that part out Nick, there is little hope.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    The flesh of Jesus was conceived in Mary
    of Mary
    so does this make her the mother of God then?

Oxy
    Participant

The Bible says the Word of God became flesh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 08 2006,20:18)
    It's obvious we're just going round in circles here. I stand by what God showed me last night:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.

If you study the Hebrew, God is saying “Let Us (God being in the plural sense) fashion man after Us”

God made us this way:
    Body – The flesh.
    Soul – Identity, including the thought process, personality, decision making.
    Spirit – Conscience, “6th sense”, intuition, inner knowledge.

We are one being, but made up of three parts, fashioned after God.

To Oxy.

If God made all things through Christ, then I will give you one guess who God might have been speaking to. Perhaps the Word of God, the one whom he made all things through.

Oxy, You can't get the Trinity out of that verse just as you cannot get vinegar from a sponge. Unless of course the sponge is first soaked in vinegar.

You can get the Trinity out of anyting if you first soak your understanding in the Trinity doctrine. You can get anythin

This is normal for most people. If you come from S/America you are probably a catholic, from India perhaps a hindu, Iraq a moslem and so on.

Very few people actually can think outside of their up bringing or the theology they are first introduced to. This is because people do not respect the truth and are not willing to go outside their culture and confort zone.

My guess is Oxy that you would go with the flow depending on where you were born and what you were brought up with.

So far you have failed to explain how the Trinity doctrine breaks hundreds of scriptures directly and surely if you had any respect for the Kingdom of God, you would question this.

In spite of this you continue to espouse a doctrine that you do not understand. In addition, you give scriptures in your defence that have as much to with the Trinity as they do any other babylonian deity.

I think we understand clearly by now what kind of person you are. Your words come from within yourself and are reflective of your heart.

Maybe at some other stage in your life, you will respect truth and question all things. For now, I think you are just another brainwashed person who may or may not have a real faith in God.

The god of this age has a doctrine, philosophy, and teaching for all who wish to not listen to the truth. You choose from what is within your heart and you have spoken this in front of witnesses too.

Oxy
    Participant

aren't you the lovely one t8. Funny thing is I was thinking the same about you. Not in so many words though lol.

Oxy
    Participant

t8, once again we seem to be coming back to this whole trinity thing. I thought we had established by now that I do not hold to what your version of the trinity doctrine is. I simply believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I don't see the problem.

The Father is Almighty God
    The Word became flesh
    The Holy Spirit speaks to us of the things of God, gives gifts/fruit, comforts, teaches etc etc.

Where's the problem??

Viewing 20 posts - 4,381 through 4,400 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account