The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 4,341 through 4,360 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 08 2006,00:13)
    oops, t8, that should have been aimed at you.. I don't know where you're coming from buddy.

Actually I am not sure where you are coming from, nor what you mean.

I said that logos an attribute of God is personified in Christ, so that he is the Logos of God who was WITH God in the beginning.

I gave the example of truth. We know that Jesus is the Truth, but that doesn't mean that God the Father is not truth because Jesus is. One of the qualities of God is truth, so is it any wonder that the son who is the image of God is called the Truth.

Oxy
    Participant

Don't know what you're on about.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    and we do not know who you are talking to.
    But if it is me then I mean
    Did
    The Word of God
    feed on
    The Word of God?

It is perhaps best to just hold on to your insight here and tolerate others who cannot see it the same.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 07 2006,05:21)
    Correct. All (good) originates in God.

Truth, wisdom, light, love, life, logos, spirit…

Jesus personifies these attributes of God. He is the Truth, he is the Logos, he is the life.

Hebrews 1:3
    The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Colossians 2:9
    For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

2 Corinthians 4:4
    The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Amen

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Oxy

It's OK to admit you do not understand the difference between an attribute and a person.

Perhaps you should be careful what you teach as you have said twice now that you do not understand myself and even that which you believe.

If you continue to teach that which you do not understand and do not understand that which people are teaching you when scrutinizing your doctrine, then my advice would be to tame the toungue and not be so reckless. Truth is extremely important. We should treat it with the respect it deserves.

James 3:1
    Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2006,05:44)
    Hi Oxy,
    and we do not know who you are talking to.
    But if it is me then I mean
    Did
    The Word of God
    feed on
    The Word of God?

The Word of God knew Scripture, if that's what you mean Nick. But Scripture also records that He (Jesus) only did what He saw the Father do first, which tells me that He was dependant on a living relationship with God.

Joh 5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He sees the Father do. For whatever things He does, these also the Son does likewise.

NickHassan
    Participant

True Oxy.
    He loved scripture, showed them he was it's fulfillment, and he would not allow it to be broken.

Trinity theory pays no such loyal allegiance to the precious words of the Spirit of God.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2006,05:52)
    True Oxy.
    He loved scripture, showed them he was it's fulfillment, and he would not allow it to be broken.

Trinity theory pays no such loyal allegiance to the precious words of the Spirit of God.

I think your idea of trinity and mine differ Nick, as discussed previously.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 07 2006,05:46)
    Hi Oxy

It's OK to admit you do not understand the difference between an attribute and a person.

Perhaps you should be careful what you teach as you have said twice now that you do not understand myself and even that which you believe.

If you continue to teach that which you do not understand and do not understand that which people are teaching you when scrutinizing your doctrine, then my advice would be to tame the toungue and not be so reckless. Truth is extremely important. We should treat it with the respect it deserves.

James 3:1
    Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Actually t8, that comment was directed at Nick. Sorry for confusing you. I did not admit to not knowing the difference between an attribute and a person. I don't know where you get that idea from.

I am quite happy to admit that I don't know everything. I am happy to admit that I make mistakes.

I am also happy to believe the things God has shown me, and in the case of believing in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (NOT being co-equal) I make no apologies.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 07 2006,05:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2006,05:52)
    True Oxy.

I think your idea of trinity and mine differ Nick, as discussed previously.

Hi Oxy,
    Start from safe ground-Jesus being Lord and the Son of God.

Acts 30
    ” 29Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.”

Matt 16
    ” 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. “

Matt 3
    ” 17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Now try and build trinity theory around what facts God has given us and you will not find it easy, or useful.

Oxy
    Participant

Ok Nick, we have established that Jesus is the Son of God. I knew that already.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Then know He is not a part of God
    but another being
    through whom God made everything
    and who emptied himself
    and who came as a man
    and was a vessel for God on earth.

Oxy
    Participant

Heb 1:8 But to the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
    Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 08 2006,01:24)
    Ok Nick, we have established that Jesus is the Son of God. I knew that already.

That is good Oxy and it is true.

Is your son or would your son (if you had one) be you?

If you are the Father, then the son is another. I know you already agree with this.

1 Corinthians
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Who is “us”. Are you part of “us”?

If you are part of “us”, you would believe that God is the Father and Jesus is lord. You wouldn't believe that there was one God the Father and one God the son, nor would you believe that there was one God the Father and son.

You would believe that there is “one God the Father”.

That is what we teach here, lest we nullify the word of God and the commandments.

Oxy
    Participant

I looked up the word Lord in Strongs… it goes like this.

κύριος
    kurios
    koo'-ree-os
    From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): – God, Lord, master, Sir.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 07 2006,06:33)
    Heb 1:8  But to the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
    Heb 1:9  You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows.”

Hi Oxy,
    These too are true but they are spoken by our God about the Lord Jesus and do not conflict with the fact that he is the Son of God. He is not the God who is saying these things. That God is his God and our God.

Oxy
    Participant

God is a title. θεός
    theos
    theh'-os
    Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: – X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

Jesus is not Almighty God, that is the Father, nevertheless in Hebrews 1:8-9 and in John 20:28 Jesus is clearly called God. (not Almighty God though).

NickHassan
    Participant

HI Oxy,
    BUt where you err is in saying he thus is still PART OF GOD.
    It is a nonsequitor as God is not a God of confusion.
    Men are lovers of confusion.

Oxy
    Participant

He is not a PART of God, but is one WITH God.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one!

Oxy
    Participant

Time for tea Nick. I'll look in a bit later.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,341 through 4,360 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account