The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 3,981 through 4,000 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    There is not much point worrying about picking the gnats of nomenclature
    out of your soup
    if you are prepared to swallow the camel of trinity floating among them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Indeed Is 1.18,
    You say
    “does, but you cannot escape the conclusion that, scripturally speaking, there is:
    Only One God, and None like Him.”
    I agree.
    And Jesus has identified this God

Jn 8. 54
    “Jesus answered, “(A)If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; (B)it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God';”

So because there is only one God
    does not justify men
    creating that God as a trinity
    because they cannot accommodate
    the divine origins of the Son of God
    who is less that our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You say
    “It is beyond man to understand God.”

Then if you really believe what you say and believe the only reliable source of Knowledge about God is the bible then you must not say

God is a trinity
    Jesus is part of God, a person in God
    The Spirit of God is another person in God

because none of these things are written in scripture.

Simple is it not?

Oxy
    Participant

Sorry, but the Bible is not the only source of knowledge. Haven't you read?
    Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 20 2006,12:11)
    Sorry, but the Bible is not the only source of knowledge.  Haven't you read?
    Joh 16:13  However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

True the Sons of God are led by the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Sorry, but the Bible is not the only source of knowledge.  Haven't you read?
    Joh 16:13  However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

Hi Oxy,
    So you actually have no guide as to the leading of the Spirit?
    Does the Spirit teach beyond the teachings of Christ on His own initiative?
    That is a dangerous statement.
    Even in showing us the future the Spirit will do it by revelation of the scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 19 2006,20:23)
    Hi Scriptureseeker,

Acts 10 38f
    “38”You know of (AY)Jesus of Nazareth, how God (AZ)anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, (BA)and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for (BB)God was with Him.”

Was God,
    whom God was with,
    Anointed by God
    With God ???

Hi cam,
    I disagree.
    Those in their intellectual ivory towers should be asked to show their teachings align with the Scriptures.
    This is a direct derivation from the teaching of trinity applied to the bible.
    If the trinity theory aligns with the bible it should be easy for it's proponents to explain to us and I ask again that they would do so.

camrezaie
    Participant

i dont think that msg was supposd to be directed towards me lol

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cam,
    No but I thought you did not feel it was appropriate to be addressed to others, but I feel they should be prepared to demonstrate how their theory about God stands up to Scriptural comparison and is resilient in this way.

Of course it is not and is a new and quite a bizarre concept that cannot be put back iinto scripture anywhere without breaking.

camrezaie
    Participant

hey man ur really confusing me… lol… addressed by what from others? and what were u referring to in that last sentence?

NickHassan
    Participant

“Hi Scriptureseeker,

Acts 10 38f
    “38”You know of (AY)Jesus of Nazareth, how God (AZ)anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, (BA)and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for (BB)God was with Him.”

Was God,
    whom God was with,
    Anointed by God
    With God “

Trinity is not a resilient concept.
    Three persons in one God??
    If God is a trinity then whenever God appears in scripture you should be able to replace the word with trinity and it should be still beauty.

try doing so with the verse above.
    Trinity would be with Jesus.

But according to the proponents Jesus is is the trinity so is he with himself?

camrezaie
    Participant

dude i dont know how that has anything to do with me but okay..

NickHassan
    Participant

no worries dude..

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 20 2006,18:08)

Sorry, but the Bible is not the only source of knowledge. Haven't you read?
    Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

Hi Oxy,
    So you actually have no guide as to the leading of the Spirit?
    Does the Spirit teach beyond the teachings of Christ on His own initiative?
    That is a dangerous statement.
    Even in showing us the future the Spirit will do it by revelation of the scriptures.

Once again you're filling in the gaps for me with things that I never said Nick. That also is a dangerous thing to do.

The Spirit has NEVER been limited to Scripture. For that to be the case then nothing would ever get done.

As a new Christian I did not really know the Lord's voice and I had to test it all the time. Now I know the Lord's voice and am quite happy to be lead by Him. The Spirit always bears witness.

When it's a Biblical matter He is teaching me, He always takes me into Scripture.

But honestly Nick, if the Spirit could only reveal to us that which is the Scriptures my life would be sadly missing many of the opportunities He has given me, and many of the riches He has provided me.

I think it is totally ridiculous to think that the Spirit is limited to reminding us of Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

What do others think?

camrezaie
    Participant

Oxy I disagree with you due to these verses, the holy spirit is simply God's spirit, it does not have its own initiative but its controlled by God, he uses it to do his will on earth… if the holy spirit was actually a person who actually is part of a triune god then why aren't there three witnesses in these verses?

John 8:14-18
    14Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. 18I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

NickHassan
    Participant

amen,
    2Peter 1
    ” 19So we have (AV)the prophetic word made more (AW)sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to (AX)a lamp shining in a dark place, until the (AY)day dawns and the (AZ)morning star arises (BA)in your hearts.

20But (BB)know this first of all, that (BC)no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,

21for (BD)no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men (BE)moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.”

No man can put aside revelation confident in his own inspiration.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 22 2006,06:18)
    What do others think?

Scripture and the leading of the Spirit are not in conflict and God is not a God of confusion.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 21 2006,22:51)

What do others think?

Scripture and the leading of the Spirit are not in conflict and God is not a God of confusion.

I find it amazing that people will deny the Spirit but will strive to keep the “book” of Enoch. Is the book of Enoch brought to people by the Spirit?
    While we are “supposed” to be all one body it seems that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. May be we are not all in tune with the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit gives me something my spirit bears witness. There is no guess work!

Elidad
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 21 2006,19:51)

What do others think?

Hi t8, Truer words have never been said, but the way some use the Scriptures and think, leads to mass confusion. Such tells us which army they are fighting for!

The word of God is spoken of as being the “sword of the spirit” (Ephisians 6:17) but the way I see it being weilded by some, reminds me of the sword of Islam, which is used to kill rather than make alive?

Elidad :)

Viewing 20 posts - 3,981 through 4,000 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account