The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 3,921 through 3,940 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

It is also ironic that God doesn't reveal his truth the wise of this world and proud, but to the innocent/babes.

Matthew 11:25
    At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

You will see that those who love to defend the Trinity doctrine somehow put a lot of importance on titles and qualifications of men. They say things like “most scholars say that God is a trinity”.

But the truth is not determined by the wise and scholarly of this world.

1 Corinthians 1:20
    Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Robyn †
    Participant

The Trinity is very important in Christian doctorine concerning the truth and unity of the Godhead. As we all know that the Godhead consists of God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Basically the Father is God, his Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Not three Gods but only one. In this Trinity is the Son is begotten of the Father by an eternal generation, and the Holy Spirit proceeds by an eternal procession from the Father and the Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn ,
    Would you not believe Jesus when he states he is the Son of God, and not God, who is his Father?
    Do you not know that the Spirit is the Spirit of God and thus is never separate from God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    Your words are from a stranger's tradition and are not found in the bible. You need to be built onto a stronger foundation which is scripture. We are safer when we abide in the words of jesus.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 15 2006,23:27)
    Hi Robyn ,
    Would you not believe Jesus when he states he is the Son of God, and not God, who is his Father?
    Do you not know that the Spirit is the Spirit of God and thus is never separate from God?

The title “Son of God” can be confusing to some. Jesus and the Father are one.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    No confusion.
    God says he is His son
    Jesus says he is the Son of God.
    So does Peter, John the baptist, John , Paul, Martha, etc etc
    Are these witnesses not good enough?

The confusion only comes from men who say he is not really a son, thus denying the Master.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 15 2006,23:43)
    Hi Robyn,
    No confusion.
    God says he is His son

The confusion only comes from men who say he is not really a son, thus denying the Master.

Hello Nick,

You seem very friendly and polite. I am brand new here and getting the feel for this forum. I will try and explain this as best as I can. I'm actually a university student and not a scholar.

If you look at Matthew 19:26 it says that with God…anything is possible. It is the error of man that can not accept this fact. You are human of course and it does not seem possible to you.

God could become man for the same reason Jesus could perform miracles and God could create the universe out of nothing. God can do anything he wants. In Jesus, the transcendent God “untranscended” so that He could die in our place, as a bridge for us to Himself, God.

Robyn

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,18:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 15 2006,23:43)
    Hi Robyn,
    No confusion.
    God says he is His son

Hello Nick,

You seem very friendly and polite. I am brand new here and getting the feel for this forum. I will try and explain this as best as I can. I'm actually a university student and not a scholar.

If you look at Matthew 19:26 it says that with God…anything is possible. It is the error of man that can not accept this fact. You are human of course and it does not seem possible to you.

God could become man for the same reason Jesus could perform miracles and God could create the universe out of nothing. God can do anything he wants. In Jesus, the transcendent God “untranscended” so that He could die in our place, as a bridge for us to Himself, God.

Robyn

But we know that God is not a man and scripture states nowhere that God became a man.

Scripture is very clear about who became a man and it wasn't God, it was the Word. To deny that is antichrist.

Harsh perhaps, but it is truth.

It was the Word who became flesh. It is written for a reason.

John 1:14
    The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Revelation 19:13
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    God could do whatever He likes but he chose to send his beloved only begotten Son to rescue us from the destruction that will befall all of creation.
    That life is in His son and whoever finds the Son finds life[1Jn4-5], eternal life in the family of God.
    Seek the Son dear one.

Robyn †
    Participant

I think what is happening is you are confused on who is Jesus Christ.

There is only one God as the Holy Bible. Deuteronomy 6:4….Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! The Holy Bible tells us of God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit of God. We also know that there are not three God’s, they are One.

Jesus Christ represents the body of God. Christ is God in the physical form. Jesus Christ is the Word of God. He is the very communication of God, and the revelation of God to man.

I hope this helps your confusion. I will pray for you.

Proclaimer
    Participant

No confusion. God is the Father and the Father has a son who is called the son of God. The son of God emptied himself of his former position and partook of the flesh and now he is back in the glory that he had before with the Father, at his right hand side.

No confusion whatsoever.

God made it very clear through his inspired scriptures. It was tradition that changed the truth for a lie and gave us creeds by which scripture must be interpretted through.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

John 20:17
    Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,
    `I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Acts 2:33
    Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear,

Why don't you replace the word “God” with “Trinity” in the above verses and see how tradition nullifies the word of God.

Robyn †
    Participant

I think I'm in trouble in this Forum. I just realized that both of you guys are Administrators. I may have accidently joined this forum. I did not know what type of forum this was. I thought it was about sharing the gospel with one another. I do sincerely apologize. I hope you do not take offense in my replies. I'm sorry if I upset you guys.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,01:16)

There is only one God as the Holy Bible. Deuteronomy 6:4….Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! The Holy Bible tells us  of God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit of God. We also know that there are not three God’s, they are One.

Jesus Christ represents the body of God.   Christ is God in the  physical form.  Jesus Christ is the Word of God. He is the very communication of God, and the revelation of God to man.

I hope this helps your confusion.  I will pray for you.

Hi Robyn,
    Is Jesus just a body?
    Even we are more than flesh and he was made like to us.
    He told the Jews that God was the Father in Jn 8.54.

NAAH
    He is not the God who is his father.
    He is who he said he is

The Son of God.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,06:16)

There is only one God as the Holy Bible. Deuteronomy 6:4….Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! The Holy Bible tells us  of God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit of God. We also know that there are not three God’s, they are One.

Jesus Christ represents the body of God.   Christ is God in the  physical form.  Jesus Christ is the Word of God. He is the very communication of God, and the revelation of God to man.

I hope this helps your confusion.  I will pray for you.

Hi Robyn,

Welcome.

Do you agree that believers in Christ make up the body of Christ and are one with Christ? If yes, then are we not the so-called Trinity as per your explanation above? (though may God forbid we should be found in anything but him through Christ).

Robyn †
    Participant

I think I can help you. On my web page I talk about the Trinity. I had more time to do research when I wrote it and it has scriptures that back up the Trinity.

http://catholicgirl.homestead.com/Questions.html

This is my personal web page. Nothing to do with the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Cubes
    Participant

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,01:59)
    I think I can help you.  On my web page I talk about the Trinity.  I had more time to do research when I wrote it and it has scriptures that back up the Trinity.

http://catholicgirl.homestead.com/Questions.html

This is my personal web page.  Nothing to do with the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Hi Robyn,
    Following Jesus has nothing to do with searching the scriptures to find possible inferences and hints that God may be a trinity.
    The simple fact that children can know is that the bible, in the mouths of Jesus ar any of the apostles and prophets does not teach a trinity God.
    The rest is mysticism and myth, foolish and dengerous speculation that defoies the command to abide in the Word..

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Robyn †

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,20:42)
    I think I'm in trouble in this Forum. I just realized that both of you guys are Administrators. I may have accidently joined this forum. I did not know what type of forum this was. I thought it was about sharing the gospel with one another. I do sincerely apologize. I hope you do not take offense in my replies. I'm sorry if I upset you guys.

No offence taken and you are welcome to come here and test your faith. But please remember that we are responsible for that which we teach. If we or you teach falsely then are we not accountable for those who we influence?

This board is here so that people may search the scriptures together to determine that which is true and that which isn't. So far that search has been amazing and brought many rewards with it.

You are welcome to be a part of that, but for your own good, you should teach only that which you know is of God (scriptural) and steer clear of that which goes against scripture.

If you do that, you will be on the correct path as far as learning the truth goes. All you need then is a heart that will receive it.

Luke 8:11-15
    11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God.
    12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
    13 Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.
    14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.
    15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 16 2006,02:54)
    But please remember that we are responsible for that which we teach. If we or you teach falsely then are we not accountable for those who we influence?

I get it. God Bless You.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,01:42)
    I think I'm in trouble in this Forum.  I just realized that both of you guys are Administrators.  I may have accidently joined this forum.  I did not know what type of forum this was.  I thought it was about sharing the gospel with one another.  I do sincerely apologize.  I hope you do not take offense in my replies.  I'm sorry if I upset you guys.

Hi Robyn,
    We exist here to be challenged and we learn from each encounter so say what you like and we will enjoy the conversation too.

The only thing we have to defend of this biblical forum is biblical truth so feel free to share what God has taught you with all of us.

If your knowledge is not biblical though we will ask you to look deeper.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,921 through 3,940 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account