The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 3,341 through 3,360 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Unity within one being is insignificant and irrelevant unity. Of course I am one with my finger.

Indeed Jesus says he did works of power “by the finger of God”[Lk 11]and he did what the Father showed him and told him. What is obvious from all of John is that two beings worked in absolute harmony by the submission of one to the indwelling, greater and even more glorious Spirit of the other.

Indeed the fullness of Deity as the Spirit of the Father dwelled in him. But he did not dwell in himself did he? That would be nonsense.

Thomas said a true thing when he understood what Jesus had been saying to Phillip in Jn 14 about seeing God in Christ and said to Jesus [and God within him].

“My Lord AND my God”

Woutlaw
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2006,21:50)
    Hi,
    Unity within one being is insignificant and irrelevant unity. Of course I am one with my finger.

Indeed Jesus says he did works of power “by the finger of God”[Lk 11]and he did what the Father showed him and told him. What is obvious from all of John is that two beings worked in absolute harmony by the submission of one to the indwelling, greater and even more glorious Spirit of the other.

Indeed the fullness of Deity as the Spirit of the Father dwelled in him. But he did not dwell in himself did he? That would be nonsense.

Thomas said a true thing when he understood what Jesus had been saying to Phillip in Jn 14 about seeing God in Christ and said to Jesus [and God within him].

“My Lord AND my God”

Good stuff Nick

malcolm ferris
    Participant

That's right the oneness that was on display here was that of a Son in accord with His Father that was dwelling in Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    People argue day and night that God is a trinity. But no one seems to worship or pray to a trinity God.
    Does that not make it a rather useless intellectual concept?

sandra
    Participant

There is but one Father, The Lord Almighty God, I AM, that, “so LOVED the world, that He, GAVE,GAVE, GAVE. Did everyone hear that because, OUR LORD, is the LAMB OF GOD!  Do you see how you were purchased, unless a seed fall into the ground and die, the first seed, the first but only begotten died,that you could be born. The Lord Almighty had to provide His One and Only Begotten, for you!  The Father is in the Son, thus the Son is in the Father,when you were first saved you became the Son of the Father.  The Father GAVE His Only Begotten, in order to have many of HIS SONS.  Sort of like the Father now has a whole bunch of Jesus's, to be extremely vulgar in speech. When the fullness of this is understood, you shall fall down before the LAMB and BEFORE THE THRONE AND WORSHIP HIM FOREVER MORE!

NickHassan
    Participant

Good stuff Sandra until you tell us to worship the one we are in. If we are in him can we worship him? He told us to worship our Father. Yes all shall bend the knee and proclaim him as Lord.

sandra
    Participant

The Holy Ghost, which abideth in me, has taught me that the Father has a great plan of retribution for the enemies of MY LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. and of salvation, I have been told the Muslim people are the apple of mine Father's eye and that those who boast of salvation,You have not delivered salvation to your own selves but, the Father draws all people according to time, season,and the unfolding of his purpose, I have been given very strict guidance to never speak as thou they do not serve the Father. I know that in many parts of the world, you can practically be persecuted for having said so. I know that the Muslim beliefs do not see My Lord as their SAVIOR, but then again it is no accident where it is that you are born, “for before you were yet in your mother's womb, did I form thee.”

sandra
    Participant

All the Worship that occurs within us is the Lord in us communing with his Father. You experience the worship because you are in Him and He is in you. Your flesh is cow dung and would never worship nothing, it is pure filth!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Sandra,
    Did Christ himself worship God or was it only the Spirit of God within him worshiping? The answer is both and we are like to him. Thus in him we worship God in the flesh and the Spirit.
    Eph 6.18, Phil 4.6,Jude 20, 1Thes 5.17, Coll 4.2,Rom 8.26,

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Paul said that he put his body under and therefore subject to the Spirit of God.
    True the fallen flesh is by nature at odds with God, due to its sinful nature.
    But we are told every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.
    That sure sounds like flesh worshipping God.
    Also we are told in the Scriptures that even the devils fear God and worship Him.
    So it is not the mere worship of God that amounts to much then is it
    They that worship Him must do so in Spirit and Truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    Sounds like is not the same as is. He told us true worshipers worship the Father. We are true worshipers surely?
    Does the branch worship the vine or do they together serve the Vinegrower?
    Does the finger worship the head or faithfully obey and serve that head?

He is our Lord. He and we have the same God.
    “For us there is one God, the Father … and One Lord Jesus Christ.”

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi Nick

Don't quite follow you.
    I was in fact agreeing with your statement that our flesh is in the whole worship equation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Body,soul and spirit. Mouth, tongue and mind. By the Spirit too within our temple.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I had a discussion with an expert on trinity matters and he told me there is now an ontological and an economic trinity. It seems the original theory must have sprung another leak and so further patchwork is required to try to keep her afloat.
    The major problem with the whole idea of trinity is that it denies Christ is a real son of God. That should ring a few alarm bells from Matt 10.33, 2 Peter and 1Jn 2.23 etc. If you say he is still and always has been as one with God you are also saying he is not the Son of God. Sons are separate from their fathers. Commonsense really, but commonsense is the least valued tool in theology it seems.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

One arguement I have heard put forward in favour of the Trinity doctrine suggests that although it is not explicitly declared in the Word of God, it is implicitly there. And that it requires therefore revelation for the believer to see what is hidden from the eyes of all but the enlightened.

Sounds real good until you look at what the witness of the word actually is. Then you find that it is explicitly declared that there is but one God. And that there is one Son of God, who being a son was therefore begotten, had a beginning and therefore cannot be God, who is eternal.
    The body of evidence for what is explicitly declared in the Word of God far outweighs that which is supposedly implied.
    So in the light of this. when faced with the choice between accepting what God has explicitly declared or what seems to be implied, what are you going to hang your soul on?
    Personally I choose to pass on the trinity thanks.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Mar. 31 2006,11:28)
    One arguement I have heard put forward in favour of the Trinity doctrine suggests that although it is not explicitly declared in the Word of God, it is implicitly there. And that it requires therefore revelation for the believer to see what is hidden from the eyes of all but the enlightened.

Sounds real good until you look at what the witness of the word actually is. Then you find that it is explicitly declared that there is but one God. And that there is one Son of God, who being a son was therefore begotten, had a beginning and therefore cannot be God, who is eternal.
    The body of evidence for what is explicitly declared in the Word of God far outweighs that which is supposedly implied.
    So in the light of this. when faced with the choice between accepting what God has explicitly declared or what seems to be implied, what are you going to hang your soul on?
    Personally I choose to pass on the trinity thanks.

I couldn't agree more, Malcolm. Don't you praise God that this truth which was long ago threatened to be perverted by Satan is prevailing and flourishing against the gates of hell?
    I pray that our brethren would also likewise see through it and take hold of the sure anchor which is God's word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Trinity theory is unspiritual.
    It is of the carnal minds of natural men.

If you abide in the Word it has no place as it is not revealed there.

Cubes
    Participant

Question for Trinitarians:

How many Gods do you see in John 1:1?  How do you interpret or support your claim?

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Scripture Seeker,
    Can you not see that to grasp this trinity concept you have to let go of the hand of the Master who told us to abide in the Word which is truth?
    It is not taught by Jesus or the apostles or prophets, only those who claim to be following them.
    But are they?
    If they were would they not abide in the Word?

Quote (Cubes @ April 02 2006,18:49)
    Question for Trinitarians:

How many Gods do you see in John 1:1?  How do you interpret or support your claim?

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  

One God, i have never denied that. Athanasian Creed is a good way to explain the veiw. Also try reading A.W. Tozer, very insiteful writer. Check out this site.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christi….no=7310

Viewing 20 posts - 3,341 through 3,360 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account