The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,881 through 2,900 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Soxan, I never said you are “mentally retarted.” I'm not sure what “mentally retarted” is. Did you mean “mentally retarded?”
    Man, that is too funny. Just like when you you spelt fallacies with an “e” saying that I had “fallecies.” Good times.
    Again, it's not making spelling mistakes, which we all do. It's the words (ironic words) you spell wrong that are so hilarious. Then, a second later , after using the words “mentally retarted,” you again call me an “idiot.” Man, I wished you spelt that one wrong too. I would have been on the floor for a while if you had done that.

Your top secrets are funny. I quite enjoyed it actually. Most of those forms must be 40 years old. I know that at least one of them is still in use. I have a couple watchtowers from the 50's too. I remember the old territory cards looking like that. Ah, the memories.
    You know, most everything we do is public information. Everthing is reported at year end in one of our magazines which are available to the public.

David i never called you mentally retarted because i don`t want to insult their intelligence.

You are too funny. Perhaps you never called me mentally retarded because you are incapable.
    Soxan, you take me to a place I don't enjoy. I would much rather debate, but that is impossible with you. Baiting you is much easier.

Anonymous

C`mon david, how meny mags have you sold? David, how about grammer? David you don`t see me reeding an occultict version of the bible, let alone sell one. David how many sp. errers on this post, c`mon davy boy. Debate? you verbally mastrubate! Verbaal mastrubater.

Anonymous

David the verbal mastrubater! Thats catchy, eh! jerk-off.

david
    Participant

What did the apostle mean by calling Jesus Christ “the first-born of all creation”? Paul’s further words enlarge on the matter: “He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.”—Col. 1:18, CB.

Here we find that the Greek words for both “first-born” (protótokos) and “beginning” (arkhé) describe Jesus as the first one of a group of class, “the body, the church,” and therefore he has preeminence in this respect. He also has preeminence in being the first one resurrected to endless life from among all the human dead.—1 Cor. 15:22, 23.

The same Greek words occur in the Greek Septuagint translation at Genesis 49:3: “Ruben, thou art my first-born [protótokos], thou my strength, and the first [arkhé, “beginning”] of my children.” (Compare Deuteronomy 21:17, Septuagint.) From such Biblical statements it is reasonable to conclude that the Son of God is the firstborn of all creation in the sense of being the first of God’s creatures. In fact, Jesus refers to himself as “the beginning [arkhé] of God’s creation.” (Rev. 3:14, CB)

david
    Participant

Soxan, how old are you? Really?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2005,06:38)
    Hi Is 1:18.
    Somehow we got off topic in that other thread.  Let's move the conversation here.

Col. 1:15, 16, RS: “He [Jesus Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth.”

In what sense is Jesus Christ “the first-born of all creation”?

(1) Trinitarians say that “first-born” here means prime, most excellent, most distinguished; thus Christ would be understood to be, not part of creation, but the most distinguished in relation to those who were created. If that is so, and if the Trinity doctrine is true, why are the Father and the holy spirit not also said to be the firstborn of all creation? But the Bible applies this expression only to the Son. According to the customary meaning of “firstborn,” it indicates that Jesus is the eldest in Jehovah’s family of sons.

(2) Before Colossians 1:15, the expression “the firstborn of” occurs upwards of 30 times in the Bible, and in each instance that it is applied to living creatures the same meaning applies—the firstborn is part of the group. “The firstborn of Israel” is one of the sons of Israel; “the firstborn of Pharaoh” is one of Pharaoh’s family; “the firstborn of beast” are themselves animals. What, then, causes some to ascribe a different meaning to it at Colossians 1:15? Is it Bible usage or is it a belief to which they already hold and for which they seek proof?

Hello David.
    Are these your own thoughts and words? It looks like a cut and paste to me. Tell me honestly.

Anonymous

Old enough to ask you if your growing hair in your throat? Do you use nair? or the other brand?

Participant

I really do wonder, David, whether you objectively evaluate the validity of the 'form lettered' JW arguments before you propose them, or even if you fully understand some of the things you post. Some of the holes in the Watchtower theology are big enough to drive a bus through.

david
    Participant

So your answer would be….what 7? 5?
    Your spelling indicates somewhere around 4th grade level, however your use of the word “twit” makes you seem older somehow. What 7 year old uses the word “twit?”
    It's ok Soxan. One of my very best friends has dyslexia. It's not a major learning disability, but it's definitely noticable. Once you accept your limits, others can help you.

Participant

I'm gonna leave you two to it. I should remind you both though that your words are your “witness” to non-christians who might come to this thread in search of truth. You know what they say: “when deciding whether God really exists 1% of people read the Bible, and 99% read the christian”.

Good night

david
    Participant

No Is 1:18. They are not my words. Does that make them any less true?

Anonymous
    Participant

But you never acknowledge your sources though do you David. By doing this you are, by default, claiming them as your own. That is dishonest.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2005,06:53)
    Soxan, I never said you are “mentally retarted.”  I'm not sure what “mentally retarted” is.  Did you mean “mentally retarded?”
    Man, that is too funny.  Just like when you you spelt fallacies with an “e” saying that I had “fallecies.”  Good times.
    Again, it's not making spelling mistakes, which we all do.  It's the words (ironic words) you spell wrong that are so hilarious.  Then, a second later , after using the words “mentally retarted,” you again call me an “idiot.”  Man, I wished you spelt that one wrong too.  I would have been on the floor for a while if you had done that.

Your top secrets are funny.  I quite enjoyed it actually.  Most of those forms must be 40 years old.  I know that at least one of them is still in use.  I have a couple watchtowers from the 50's too.  I remember the old territory cards looking like that.  Ah, the memories.  
    You know, most everything we do is public information.  Everthing is reported at year end in one of our magazines which are available to the public.

David i never called you mentally retarted because i don`t want to insult their intelligence.

You are too funny.  Perhaps you never called me mentally retarded because you are incapable.  
    Soxan, you take me to a place I don't enjoy.  I would much rather debate, but that is impossible with you.  Baiting you is much easier.

Hi david,
    Is this helpful or edifying for anyone?

Anonymous

Christians should not be in this forum, since it is anti-christ and anti-bible. Lest i forget it is pro-JW doctrine. There is no milk nor any meat here. Anyone looking for  sustenance in here  will starve to death. A slaughter house for sheep it is.

Anonymous

Yeah! dav-vid, shame on you!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 17 2005,07:33)
    So your answer would be….what 7?  5?
    Your spelling indicates somewhere around 4th grade level, however your use of the word “twit” makes you seem older somehow.  What 7 year old uses the word “twit?”  
    It's ok Soxan.  One of my very best friends has dyslexia.  It's not a major learning disability, but it's definitely noticable.  Once you accept your limits, others can help you.

Hi david ,
    Please refrain from personal attacks. You do your faith a disservice and bring shame on your proudly presented denomination.
    Soxan,
    We would love to dialogue without rancour. Can you share more about your pain?

david
    Participant

On the contrary, we used to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, used to have cross symbols, were unsure about issue of neutrality, used to smoke, etc, etc. It’s quite a long list really. Certain doctrines have been changed over the years or clarified. The humble willingness to make changes indicates that the Jehovah’s Witnesses didn’t start with a set of beliefs and then do everything in their power to hold on to them. Quite the contrary. Like the early disciples who asked if Jesus was restoring the kingdom to Israel at that time, Jehovah’s Witnesses have not always been on the mark, but they have always held to God’s word, whether it matched their earlier beliefs or not.

This was stated by me three pages ago on this thread to Is 1:18. Yes, we used to celebrate Christmas. The world celebrates it. Then, we realized it was wrong. We stopped.

Is 1:18, you're absolutely right. I hate myself for having this conversation with Soxan, and I would hate to stumble anyone. But me saying he could well be mentally retarded isn't slander. It's simply a statement of fact! That should be clear to anyone reading his posts.

I will cease talking to him. He will continue his name calling and rolling in the mud, without any evidence that he even owns a Bible.
    It just bothers me that the loudest person is often listened to, despite them knowing nothing.

david.
    Sorry to everyone for this dark place that this trinity thread has gone to. Is 1:18 was right. I did have an ulterior motive in baiting Soxan. He's just so annoying. He says nothing, but he says it so loudly, that my ears are bleeding. Again, I apologize to everyone who had to read these words.
    I am done with Soxan.

david.

Anonymous

Yeah! nick, i have a lot of pain! right here on my ass!

Anonymous

David your so imature. You profess a lot but your actions speak louder than words!

Viewing 20 posts - 2,881 through 2,900 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account