The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,741 through 2,760 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Hey Soxan.
    Can't help but notice you haven't used any actual scriptures in this thread to support your…whatever they are.

Time for some history:
    God inspired the Bible. The Bible tells us that there are many gods: idols are called gods, Satan is called a god, the angels are called gods, even human judges of Israel were called gods.

Does this make them the God of the Bible?

1 CORINTHIANS 8:5-6
    “For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.”

What does this scripture say?
    Answer: There is actually “one [true] God.” (Read John 17:3)

Who does it call the one true God?
    Answer: The Father.

Is it refering to Jesus here, when it says father? Isn't Jesus always called the son? Isn't Jehovah referred to as father hundreds of times?

Is a distinction made between the Father and Jesus in this scripture?
    Answer: Yes.

Better to be a hothead like St.Peter[remember the guy who sliced some guy`s ear off?]. Than a blatten liar who clothes himself with sheeps wool.

Unfortunately, you seem unable to show any scriptures that back up what you believe. To me, you seem like someone who is apt to chop off someone's ear.
    Any idea what Jesus responce was when Peter acted as he did? Let me help you: He said:
    “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.”

Anonymous

Yo-yo if you did use scriptures truthfully you`d be in my camp instead of your elders camp. Unlike you i use my own brain, not the elders brains. I -must-say- and-think-what-the-elders-say-and-think-and-i-must-sell-watchtower-megazines-all-hail-the-
    all-knowing-elders! Duh-avid, start thinking for your self!

david
    Participant

Do you even own a Bible?

david
    Participant

Yo-yo if you did use scriptures truthfully you`d be in my camp instead of your elders camp. Unlike you i use my own brain, not the elders brains. I -must-say- and-think-what-the-elders-say-and-think-and-i-must-sell-watchtower-megazines-all-hail-the-

all-knowing-elders! Duh-avid, start thinking for your self!

OK, so instead of commenting on the subject and the scriptures given, you resort back to what you're good at: talking big, but saying nothing.

You are WRONG about “selling” magazines. All our literature, Bibles, etc, is offered without charge.
    I would love to have a Bible discussion with you if you'd like to talk about the Bible and show me from the Bible why you believe what you do. You see Soxan, I believe what the Bible says. So, when I want to show what I believe, I quote the Bible.

Anonymous

I think its funny, t8, Nick and Duh-avid[a raving JW] share the same doctrine on The Divinty. All of them bah-ing with their razor sharp teeth. Bragging while displaying their ignorance to all! Their own arguments make me rest my case.

david
    Participant

It's just that he had a quote from the Bible I use and I was wondering if he typed it all out or was able to cut and paste. He left the verse numbers in it, making it seem like it was cut and pasted.

david
    Participant

Hi Is 1:18. I clicked on the second link for fun.

When someone says: 'Stop in the name of the law,' what do they mean?

What is the “name of the law?”
    Does this refer to an actual name?
    Does the law have a name?
    Or, does it simply mean the authority of the law, as eveyone knows it does?

Now, take a look at Matthew 28:19,20 again:
    “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.””

Does this mean the holy spirit has a name, any more than the law has a name?

Anonymous

You believe your elders` bible. I have more success with atheists than the brainwashed. Strange enough the atheists will reason with you, they don`t need reprogramming. Unlike the brain washed they use choice; rejection or exceptance. And their math skills are adiquit.

david
    Participant

Your lack of ownership to a Bible, or your inability to use it makes you rest your case.
    And just in case there's any doubt in your mind, you lost the case. The trinity doctrine was thrown out once again for lack of evidence.

david
    Participant

Isn't someone that is brainwahsed someone who doesn't even know why they believe what they do (like you) and who cannot bring one shred of evidence to prove what they do (like you).
    Everyone believes the trinity, so you do. Do you know why you believe it? Have you read any of the Bible? Have you spent thousands of hours are even a couple looking at the scriptures that speak of God, his Son, and the holy spirit?
    If you just want to have an “I'm right, because I say so” match, I'm done with that.
    If you have a Bible and the ability to look up a scripture, I'll stay.

Actually, it's 1:45. I'm going to bed. But I'll be back tommorow.

Try to pull together a line of reasoning, or some logic or a scripture or two.

Thanks. David.

Anonymous

Buddy, if you spent thousands of hours of study with your elders who told you which verses to study, yeah i can believe you, it shows. How many magezines have you sold? How many houses did you knock on and tell people what your elders told you to tell them?

Anonymous

Reason and logic are outside your realm, at your elders choice,Duh-avid.

Anonymous

No, brainwashed is when you choose to be an idiot and let others take responiblity for your thoughts and reason.

Anonymous

Idiot! re-read the same verse again. I won`t ask you to figure it out for yourself because i know its your elders job.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The verse read differently according to bishop Eusebius
    “…in my name”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (soxan @ Nov. 05 2005,06:25)
    And why do you ignore the rest of the scriptures that claim that JESUS is GOD? And all the other scriptures that teach the concept of the Trinity? is it because your dence? is it becauce you bark at the moon? ruff! It`s not becauce you rightly divide the Word! Me reasoning with you is like reasoning with a JW. Nuff said. For those who are not brain washed read this; Jesus` Divinity

Hi soxan,
    No scriptures say Jesus is his own Father. No scriptures say Jesus is the God of the Israelites. So if the Father is God and according to Jesus the one and only God what is your point?

Anonymous

Dah…dah…staw man tactics again. Your lack of honesty and integrity never ceases to amaze me, and it shoudn`t mr.wolf.

Anonymous

Nick your an out and out fraud, your a decietful man. It`s despicable how you twist words, questions and scriptures. You disgust me. And you flaunt it. Your tactics are no different then the Serpents; “did God [/B] really say that you would die”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    Can we get past personal attacks to study scripture in search of truth?

Anonymous

Study, searching for the truth, you? you must be joking!

Viewing 20 posts - 2,741 through 2,760 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account