The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,401 through 2,420 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ July 04 2005,03:23)
    Nick,

First define “being”.

Nick Hassan, I did not see you answer this question. I would like you to. Please.

NickHassan
    Participant

How would you define it? I'm not a dictionary.

Anonymous

You dont even know what a being is??!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    I would like you to share your understandings with us. Is that unreasonable?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Good question.

Is a being an individual?
    Is it separate in substance?
    Is spirit “substance”?
    Does a being have life in itself?
    Are all beings essentially the same?
    Are all divine beings exactly the same?
    Is a “person” a being?
    Is a being a “person”?
    Can you be a person but not be a separate being?
    Are there any beings in nature that originally contain more than one being?
    Are demons beings?
    Are there any beings shown in the bible that originally contain several persons?
    Can a being be inhabited by another but still be an individual?

Anonymous

always many questions but where are the answers from you Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 04 2005,05:53)
    always many questions but where are the answers from you Nick?

Hi L,
    Do you want to dialogue or not?

Be a little positive and leave the judging to the Judge please
    How about tackling some of the questions as you clearly have information to share on these matters?

NickHassan
    Participant

ps Besides we have endless futile conversations going around and around from those who cannot accept basic facts such as Jesus is the Son of God and not God Himself. So it is good to establish early that we are talking the same biblical language.

Anonymous

Nick,

First define “being”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Well then . Let me look it up for you L,
    Concise Oxford Dictionary

Being,n In vbl sense; also or esp. existence[in -,existing];constitition, nature, essence;anything that exists;the Supreme-,God];a person.

NickHassan
    Participant

ps
    If a being is a person
    how can there be three persons
    in one being?

Anonymous

Being,n In vbl sense; also or esp.
    1. existence[in -,existing];
    2. constitition,
    3. nature,
    4. essence;
    5. anything that exists;
    6. the Supreme-,God];
    7. a person.

What about the six other possible meanings Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

What do you make of them L?

Cubes
    Participant

How about this for starters?

Most High Godbeing
    Son of Godbeing
    Angels of Godbeings
    Animal beings
    Human beings

Who has gone up to heaven and seen God that he might describe him to us?
    And who has seen the son of God to give us an accurate description of who he is?
    Who has done the lab analysis of the elements of which they are composed?
    What does the bible say that they are?

Come on guys, play fair and let's stick to the things that are revealed in the scriptures and follow the course.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2005,03:51)

Quote (Guest @ July 04 2005,03:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2005,03:31)
    Hi,

God is eternal.

The living God has life in Himself and is the source of all life including the life of his firstborn Son.

The only begotten Son was begotten from the Father in eternity so is not co-eternal.

The Son has been given to have life in himself as well.

The Father is greater than the Son.

The Son was filled with the Spirit of God and though retaining individuality they are now eternally as one in will and purpose and work.

Nick,

You once again are mistaken.

The Son IS eternal:

Micah 5:2 – But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Do I really need to post the definition of eternal again?

Christ's existance is from the infinte past.

So I whole-heartedly disagree with you Christology – it doesn't hold up to scripture.

Hi FYI,
    Using bold print certainly adds clarity to your message in one way. It is louder but still confusion.

The Son is “from everlasting”. If you are from something it does not say you did not have a beginning but that you began before time. So that does not say he is retrospectively eternal. He is the “only begotten son”.

Or are you now saying he is not the only begotten Son after all?

Nick,

Psalms 41:13 – Blessed be the LORD (YHWH) God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Nick, you said:

The Son is “from everlasting”. If you are from something it does not say you did not have a beginning but that you began before time. So that does not say he is retrospectively eternal. He is the “only begotten son”.

Once again your Christology is proven wrong from scripture

Jesus Christ is LORD (Gr. = kurios = YHWH)

Cubes
    Participant

Hi FYI,

You cite the right scriptures but seem to miss some critical points to the rendering of their accurate interpretation.

You said that Jesus is the owner/heir of the Vineyard.
    Correct you are that as heir, he owns.  
    But you fail to grasp the critical information of what it means to be an heir.  Do you realize that we are co-heirs with Christ?  An heir inherits.  He does not have original ownership and entitlement, but is given it by another.

Jesus says he is one who receives from his Father.  He has ownerships rights to everything as you say, but don't overlook the history.  It adds to the richness of the story.  

Colossians 1:12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

Colossians 2:18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has *not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the HEAD, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

Giving thanks to Whom?
    Who qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance?
    What inheritance?
    Who delivered us from the power of darkness?
    Who conveyed us into the kingdom of his own dear son (Son of his love)?

When you read the bible and follow it patiently, you would find that this theme and message runs through its pages. That's where it's at. And that's what you seem to be missing which I know that God is faithful who would help you see it, if you ask him to show you. I was hoping that we could do the study, where it would be more obvious. But well, no matter.

Love in Christ. Goodbye and take care.

Anonymous

Quote (Cubes @ July 04 2005,17:13)
    Hi FYI,

You cite the right scriptures but seem to miss some critical points to the rendering of their accurate interpretation.

But you fail to grasp the critical information of what it means to be an heir.  Do you realize that we are co-heirs with Christ?  An heir inherits.  He does not have original ownership and entitlement, but is given it by another.

Jesus says he is one who receives from his Father.  He has ownerships rights to everything as you say, but don't overlook the history.  It adds to the richness of the story.  

Colossians 1:12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

Colossians 2:18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has *not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the HEAD, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

Giving thanks to Whom?
    What inheritance?

When you read the bible and follow it patiently, you would find that this theme and message runs through its pages.    That's where it's at.  And that's what you seem to be missing which I know that God is faithful who would help you see it, if you ask him to show you.  I was hoping that we could do the study, where it would be more obvious.  But well, no matter.

Love in Christ.  Goodbye and take care.

Cubes,

I most certainly agree that we are joint-heirs in Christ.

And I rightly hold in highest esteem my head – Christ.  And His head The Father.

I don't miss anything, but thank you for your concern.

I do not and will never deny that is is My Lord and God that has redeemed me.

YHWH= Father, Son and Holy Spirit

http://www.srr.axbridge.org.uk/syriac_intro.html

http://aramaicnttruth.org/downloa….aha.pdf

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 04 2005,16:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2005,03:51)

Quote (Guest @ July 04 2005,03:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2005,03:31)
    Hi,

God is eternal.

The living God has life in Himself and is the source of all life including the life of his firstborn Son.

The only begotten Son was begotten from the Father in eternity so is not co-eternal.

The Son has been given to have life in himself as well.

The Father is greater than the Son.

The Son was filled with the Spirit of God and though retaining individuality they are now eternally as one in will and purpose and work.

Nick,

You once again are mistaken.

The Son IS eternal:

Micah 5:2 – But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Do I really need to post the definition of eternal again?

Christ's existance is from the infinte past.

So I whole-heartedly disagree with you Christology – it doesn't hold up to scripture.

Hi FYI,
    Using bold print certainly adds clarity to your message in one way. It is louder but still confusion.

Nick,

Psalms 41:13 – Blessed be the LORD (YHWH) God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Nick, you said:

Once again your Christology is proven wrong from scripture

Jesus Christ is LORD (Gr. = kurios = YHWH)

Hi FYI,
    Exactly.

“From everlasting” is nonspecific but inclusive.

It says nothing about origins so can apply to the Father and the Son.

We can only relate to events since time was created.

Before that it is “in the beginning ” or “from everlasting”.

But we know the Son is the “only begotten Son”.That speaks of an origin, a begetting, a sole and unique derivation from God alone before time began. That is why he is a Son of God. If he was co-eternal then he would not be a son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 04 2005,17:30)

Quote (Cubes @ July 04 2005,17:13)
    Hi FYI,

Giving thanks to Whom?
    What inheritance?

When you read the bible and follow it patiently, you would find that this theme and message runs through its pages.    That's where it's at.  And that's what you seem to be missing which I know that God is faithful who would help you see it, if you ask him to show you.  I was hoping that we could do the study, where it would be more obvious.  But well, no matter.

Love in Christ.  Goodbye and take care.

Cubes,

I most certainly agree that we are joint-heirs in Christ.

And I rightly hold in highest esteem my head – Christ.  And His head The Father.

I don't miss anything, but thank you for your concern.

I do not and will never deny that is is My Lord and God that has redeemed me.

YHWH= Father, Son and Holy Spirit

http://www.srr.axbridge.org.uk/syriac_intro.html

http://aramaicnttruth.org/downloa….aha.pdf

Hi FYI,
    We all have concerns for you.

Now you say Christ has a head , and we agree, but you say also he is coequal with the Father?

Confusion reigns.

Your doctrine constantly denies the Son of God. By saying he is coeternal as Yahweh you deny his personal existence. If he is Yahweh then there is no Son of God. And Jesus Christ then did not come in the flesh but Yahweh. That is antichrist.

Anonymous

Nick,

The only ones confused are you and those with your doctrine.

Again you lost the argument because you cannot find scripture to prove your assumptions.

Christ was The Word of God that was God, He became a Son at His incarnation.

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1 John 1: 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Luke 1:35 – And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Phil 2: 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father.

2 Cor 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that by his poverty you might become rich.

2 Cor. 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,401 through 2,420 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account