The Torah too hard to fulfill?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Nick,

No because you are not saying anything that has any support in Tanakh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    But you do not believe Tanakh in part anyway?
    You just use it as it suits your own ideas.
    Such is the folly of philosophers.

Towshab
    Participant

Tell you what Nick. I'll believe in all of the Tanakh if you will believe that G-d inspired Christians to kill Jews.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Tow That is so ridiculous to challenge that way. It shows your ignorance.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Towshab
    Participant

Do these two statements match each other?

Statement 1:

Quote (IM4Truth @ Jan. 04 2008,21:23)
    Tow That is so ridiculous to challenge that way. It shows your ignorance.

Statement 2:

Peace and Love Mrs.

Don't patronize me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 05 2008,13:11)
    Tell you what Nick. I'll believe in all of the Tanakh if you will believe that G-d inspired Christians to kill Jews.

Hi tow,
    Jesus did not come to set up a political kingdom 2000 years ago. He ignored the occupation by the Romans and Peter too showed that we are to live as good citizens in whatever situation we find ourselves in the knowledge that God is in charge and we can rest in his will.
    God had nothing to do with any persecutions and political manoeuvering. Property and possessions are not his priority.
    We are to rejoice in all circumstances in the sure knowledge that our home is with Christ.
    Satan is the author of all evil.
    Now as for you accepting the OT as truth as do the sincere Jewish people you admire?
    Do not let your bitterness from the false teachings fed you by the whore cause you to turn away from Jesus and our Good and loving God.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 05 2008,02:03)

Hi tow,
    Jesus did not come to set up a political kingdom 2000 years ago.

Jesus didn't set up any kingdom 2000 years ago. He died.

He ignored the occupation by the Romans and Peter too showed that we are to live as good citizens in whatever situation we find ourselves in the knowledge that God is in charge and we can rest in his will.

Then he ignored YHVH and proved that YHVH was not His father. The King Messiah was to deliver G-d's people and bring world peace. All that followed after Jesus for the Jews was death and destruction, the total opposite of what the King Messiah was to accomplish.

God had nothing to do with any persecutions and political manoeuvering. Property and possessions are not his priority.

Then tell that to G-d. He certainly wants His children to have the lands of Israel and to return there. Yet after Jesus Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jews have been scattered across the world ever since.

Jesus might have been the Christian christ but he was definitely the Jewish anti-messiah.

We are to rejoice in all circumstances in the sure knowledge that our home is with Christ.

Well I can assure you to will share Jesus' destination: death.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So are you calling YHVH the man in the red suit? Why don't you admit in the face of all evidence that YHVH is not your G-d? You just said He was Satan. Or are you a follower of the “god of this world”?

Now as for you accepting the OT as truth as do the sincere Jewish people you admire?

They don't accept the OT. The OT is a Christian mistranslation of Tanakh.

Do not let your bitterness from the false teachings fed you by the whore cause you to turn away from Jesus and our Good and loving God.

The false teachings come from the GT, not just certain churches.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 05 2008,23:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 05 2008,02:03)

Hi tow,
    Jesus did not come to set up a political kingdom 2000 years ago.

Jesus didn't set up any kingdom 2000 years ago. He died.

He ignored the occupation by the Romans and Peter too showed that we are to live as good citizens in whatever situation we find ourselves in the knowledge that God is in charge and we can rest in his will.

Then he ignored YHVH and proved that YHVH was not His father. The King Messiah was to deliver G-d's people and bring world peace. All that followed after Jesus for the Jews was death and destruction, the total opposite of what the King Messiah was to accomplish.

Then tell that to G-d. He certainly wants His children to have the lands of Israel and to return there. Yet after Jesus Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jews have been scattered across the world ever since.

Jesus might have been the Christian christ but he was definitely the Jewish anti-messiah.

Well I can assure you to will share Jesus' destination: death.

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So are you calling YHVH the man in the red suit? Why don't you admit in the face of all evidence that YHVH is not your G-d? You just said He was Satan. Or are you a follower of the “god of this world”?

They don't accept the OT. The OT is a Christian mistranslation of Tanakh.

The false teachings come from the GT, not just certain churches.

Tow says:

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

See the truth is right on the tip of everyones tongues but they can't grasp it, or conceive it and dare not utter it. Jehovah is not the Father of Yahshua. Nick is right SATAN IS THE AUTHOR OF ALL EVIL. Who made this world? Who is the God of all flesh? Who sits himself in the temple declaring himself to be God?

Jehovah is the leader of a rebellious angels, lying spirits, demons and those minions of his he calls satans.

Jehovah was not the God of Melchezidek. Melchezidek worshipped the MOST HIGH. Later lying scribes merged Jehovah and El the Most High.

Seriously, using just your senses, your eyes and ears, who is the God of this world? When you turn on your tv and watch the news who is the God of this world? As Jews, Christians and Muslims blow each other up in the name of what God do they call down fire (bombs) from heaven.

The God of this world is Jehovah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    Clearly your faith is not on the bible but some other basis such that you feel strong enough to judge the whole bible and the faith of all in it.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 05 2008,09:53)
    See the truth is right on the tip of everyones tongues but they can't grasp it, or conceive it and dare not utter it. Jehovah is not the Father of Yahshua. Nick is right SATAN IS THE AUTHOR OF ALL EVIL. Who made this world? Who is the God of all flesh? Who sits himself in the temple declaring himself to be God?

Jehovah is the leader of a rebellious angels, lying spirits, demons and those minions of his he calls satans.

Jehovah was not the God of Melchezidek. Melchezidek worshipped the MOST HIGH. Later lying scribes merged Jehovah and El the Most High.

Seriously, using just your senses, your eyes and ears, who is the God of this world? When you turn on your tv and watch the news who is the God of this world? As Jews, Christians and Muslims blow each other up in the name of what God do they call down fire (bombs) from heaven.

The God of this world is Jehovah.

If Satan = Jehovah then the world would be following Torah. You are really uninformed.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,05:56)
    Hi SOL,
    Clearly your faith is not on the bible but some other basis such that you feel strong enough to judge the whole bible and the faith of all in it.

No my faith is not on based on the letter but the spirit.

My God is not paper and ink.

The letter kills but the spirit gives life.

The bible you hold dear was not in place until over 400 years after the life of Christ.

In fact, it is different. Paul used the septuagint not the masoretic. You don't even use the bible of the apostles.

My faith is not in men, churches or books but in a God of Love. A God spoken of by Jesus who taught a way of love and peace.

What happens when you combine Jesus teachings with traditions of men and laws of angels? You get a completely different message of hate, violence, war and confusion.

Towshab
    Participant

Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.)
    Gen 14:19 And he blessed him and said, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth;
    Gen 14:20 and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!” And Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
    Gen 14:21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.”
    Gen 14:22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 05 2008,13:21)
    Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.)
    Gen 14:19 And he blessed him and said, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth;
    Gen 14:20 and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!” And Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
    Gen 14:21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.”
    Gen 14:22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth

From the LXX
    Gen 14:18 And Melchisedec king of Salem brought forth loaves and wine, and he was the priest of the most high God.
    Gen 14:19 And he blessed Abram, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, who made heaven and earth,
    Gen 14:20 and blessed be the most high God who delivered thine enemies into thy power. And Abram gave him the tithe of all.
    Gen 14:21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, Give me the men, and take the horses to thyself.
    Gen 14:22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I will stretch out my hand to the Lord the most high God, who made the heaven and the earth

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 06 2008,06:21)
    Gen 14:18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.)
    Gen 14:19  And he blessed him and said, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth;
    Gen 14:20  and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!” And Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
    Gen 14:21  And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.”
    Gen 14:22  But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth

Jeremiah 8:8

8 ” 'How can you say, “We are wise,
    for we have the law of the LORD,”
    when actually the lying pen of the scribes
    has handled it falsely?

Matthew 16:11-12

11How is it you don't understand that I was not talking to you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Read anything on the “documentary hypothesis” to get the answers of what these lying scribes did to make the tribal deity Jehovah the Most High.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 05 2008,13:38)

has handled it falsely?

How can that be proof if you say Paul used Septuagint and I just quoted from the Septuagint to show how it supported the Masoretic? And if it was a lie and you seem to support Paul, thne why did he use Septuagint. Really, you are stumbling in the dark right now. You should do some more studying because you really have little to bring here that has any real foundation. All speculation.

11How is it you don't understand that I was not talking to you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

This mentions teaching, not the actual scriptures. Teaching and scriptures are different.

Read anything on the “documentary hypothesis” to get the answers of what these lying scribes did to make the tribal deity Jehovah the Most High.

Yes I read it. All conjecture.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 06 2008,06:48)

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 05 2008,13:38)

Gen 14:18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.)
    Gen 14:19  And he blessed him and said, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth;
    Gen 14:20  and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!” And Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
    Gen 14:21  And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.”
    Gen 14:22  But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth

has handled it falsely?

How can that be proof if you say Paul used Septuagint and I just quoted from the Septuagint to show how it supported the Masoretic? And if it was a lie and you seem to support Paul, thne why did he use Septuagint. Really, you are stumbling in the dark right now. You should do some more studying because you really have little to bring here that has any real foundation. All speculation.

This mentions teaching, not the actual scriptures. Teaching and scriptures are different.

Yes I read it. All conjecture.

I don't support the masoretic text, the septuagint or Paul. I am trying to demonstrate that the scriptures themselves, though corrupt, contain evidence of their own corruption.

I also notice that all the sound logic you use to rebuff Nick you don't actually apply to yourself. You stop using critical methods to evaluate your own faith. You support scholarly work until it infringes apon your own faith and then discredit that work as conjecture.

You also use the same technique as Nick by attacking me personally, even though I am just representing as a messenger the work of scholars.

Concerning, the words of Jesus he said thing that contradict not just teachings but scripture themselves. Jesus believed the scriptures had fallacies.

Know Thyself!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    He said scripture cannot be broken and showed that it spoke of him
    even that a certain text was fulfilled in the presence of the listeners.
    You are deceived.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 05 2008,14:04)
    I don't support the masoretic text, the septuagint or Paul. I am trying to demonstrate that the scriptures themselves, though corrupt, contain evidence of their own corruption.

I also notice that all the sound logic you use to rebuff Nick you don't actually apply to yourself. You stop using critical methods to evaluate your own faith. You support scholarly work until it infringes apon your own faith and then discredit that work asconjecture.

Sorry, but no. The “scholarly” work you put forward is only supported by a few who have very little evidence and much speculation.

You also use the same technique as Nick by attacking me personally, even though I am just representing as a messenger the work of scholars.

How do I attack you personally? By saying you are stumbling in the dark? You are. You have reached a point where you want to accept Jesus but can't accept YHVH. That is fine because you are right that they have nothing to do with one another. But then you try to say all of it is corrupted and run off into some other realm that has little support. You would do better to seek agnosticism or deism or true gnosticism rather than trying to analyze who YHVH is. To what purpose? At this point there really isn't enough evidence out there to support your view so you will always receive criticism.

Concerning, the words of Jesus he said thing that contradict not just teachings but scripture themselves. Jesus believed the scriptures had fallacies.

Know Thyself!

While I do not support Jesus, please show me where Jesus said the scriptures had fallacies. You're making statements that have no foundation in reality.

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account