The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

are you being sarcastic?? :D

In the bible it says it is a day of Rest and to remember it by keeping it Holy. And you know that.

But if you were asking what do I do personally??

Well, to be honest all I CAN do for now is stay home and rest. Believe me… DO I REST… hehe
    And I worship him… but I worship him everyday coz I dont work anyway!! which is a shame but on the good side Im glad that I have the time to think about him now.

BTW, stop bullying me… just because I have only read the bible for, not even 2 months and you have read it for how long? more than 3 years I believe.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    The reason I ask is that there are so many ideas about what observing the sabbath means. Some say rest, as the scriptures originally wrote, others say attendiong a synagogue is essential on the Saturday while others insist it means going to a church building on a Sunday so I am interested in your attitude so we can work from there.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Its ok I didnt take it as an offense. I was joking with you. If there was a congregation that worshipped on the sabbath… I think Id be there. Then again it depends on their other beliefs. oops I meant if there was one in my area. At this moment I havent heard of one yet but neither have I looked.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Jesus said to first seek the kingdom so that should be the first plan and then many things will fall into place for you as the Spirit starts to reveal the Word to you. The Spirit helps us worship God in the little temple of our Body so we do not need to go looking in a building for Him but can chat to Him all day.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2007,18:35)
    Hi kenrch,
    Do you know the Law of Love?
    Do you recognise it is the image of the 10 commandments?
    Do you fulfill the letter of the Old Law or the Spiritual Law of Christ?
    How do you fulfill sabbath demands?
    Jesus was asked about the law and conspicuously did not mention the sabbath.

Why?

What is love for the Lord?

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Not that it would do any good BUT with God all things are possible. What didn't you understand from my post? Tell me so I can help you. I thought everything was pretty well covered by scripture. So what scripture don't you understand.
    I went back a few months or so and found that I wasn't the first to bring the truth to this site. Just how long are you going to try God's patience. You have nothing to stand on but here say from the church that you claim to dislike. Scripture after scripture says KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

What is Paul saying in this scripture?

**1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.**

“NOT without law to God [the Ten Commandment law of God] but under the law to Christ”. Under the law of Christ. The law that Jesus is the messiah and fulfilled the ritual sacrifical law Luke 24:44. Isn't Paul speaking of two sets of law? One he says he is NOT without, *proving that Paul kept the ten commandment Law of God. And the other set fall under the law of Jesus being fulfilled.*

What is so hard to understand? Isn't the scripture plain? Isn't it simple?

Be not hears of the law but doers of the law. What don't you understand.

Has faith done away with the law, GOD FORBID! What is so hard?

Because we keep the law we establish the law. Isn't that plain?
    You seem to be determined to keep the doctrine of the Harlot. The Harlot says plainly that she changed the law. Scripture says that she would change the law Dan .7:25.
    History says that the Catholic ROMAN Church changed the law based on Easter Sunday!

Do you fulfill the letter of the Old Law or the Spiritual Law of Christ?
    What kind of a question is that?

Tell me Nick how would you keep the Sabbath? I have told you over and over that Jesus made the law spiritual. If I remember right you gave me a hard time about that. And now you ask if I keep the Spiritual law of Christ.

Read the post and let me know what you don't understand AND WE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE. 🙂

” Because he is Lord of the Sabbath.
    We rest in him in God spiritually daily.
    So would you accuse us of sin?”

Sure Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and the other nine is He not?
    All day everyday? You do nothing else? Seems I've said all this before LOL! You love the Lord with ALL your heart ALL your mind and ALL your soul EVERYDAY ALL the time. No one can do that. Some people work. Are you thinking of God when you love your wife? Then everyday is not your Sabbath Sunday is your sabbath. Then I doubt that you keep sunday as your sabbath. How do you keep your sabbath?

I'm a sinner I accuse no one of sin. I just point out what scripture cearly says. The law points out your sin, not me.

1Jo 3:4 Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; “and sin is lawlessness”. Again it's just that simple.

Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
    Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, *you workers of lawlessness.*'
    Mat 7:24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

*you workers of lawlessness.*
    Which law is Jesus speaking of ? Is it the law HE fulfilled Luke 24:44?
    Or is it the law that you say He did away with that we no longer have to keep.

Which?

Perhaps it's just too simple.
    Mat 23:24 Ye blind guides, that strain out the gnat, and swallow the camel!

All in His Love,

Ken

BTW the Sabbath was “created” a day of rest. What was the other six days for? What does “Keep Holy” the Lord's day mean.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Read again and you will see it is
    MY commandments not
    THE commandments
    so we must search for the commands of Christ, the Law of Christ.
    They are the Law of love.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2007,01:32)
    Hi kenrch,
    Read again and you will see it is
    MY commandments not
    THE commandments
    so we must search for the commands of Christ, the Law of Christ.
    They are the Law of love.

Who gave the commandments? It wasn't the word?
    Then Who?
    Oh If you love Christ you don't have to keep the commandments.

Forget it Nick you don't want the truth you just want to argue.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Not at all. If you wish to stand on the scriptures in your teaching then you must look to the detail. Jesus did not give us the Ten Commandments but he gave us the true meaning behind them as HIS commandments.

Matt 22
    ” 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Hi P,
    Jesus said to first seek the kingdom so that should be the first plan and then many things will fall into place for you as the Spirit starts to reveal the Word to you. The Spirit helps us worship God in the little temple of our Body so we do not need to go looking in a building for Him but can chat to Him all day

Thanks Nick… more homework to do. I cant believe its 2.37pm already!! My kids come home soon!

But Nick … to make it a little bit easier for me…. seek first the kingdom….could you define what this means please. I think Im seeing it literal i cant see beyond that.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Search Jn 3 and Jn 10.
    Listen to Peter at Pentecost.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2007,01:43)
    Hi kenrch,
    Not at all. If you wish to stand on the scriptures in your teaching then you must look to the detail. Jesus did not give us the Ten Commandments but he gave us the true meaning behind them as HIS commandments.

Matt 22
    ”  37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

The word of God didn't speak the commandments?

Maybe you should read again.

I have said over and over the first four deal with God the Last six commandments deal with love for your brother.

So if you love Jesus you will keep the whole Ten commandments.

I asked Nick do you love the lord with all your mind ALL the time EVERYDAY All Day?

Nick please explain this scripture.

1Jo 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2007,00:59)
    Hi 94,
    Jesus gave us his own commandments which are written according to the spirit of the OT Law, and on our hearts.
    To love God and neighbour is fulfilling the Law..
    Matt 7
    12″In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 5:14
    For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, ” YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”
    Romans 13:10
    Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Romans 13:8
    Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Gal 6
    2Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

Jas 2
    8If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well.

Hi Nick:

And so, are you saying that when you receive the Holy Ghost the law of God is automatically written on your heart?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 26 2007,01:53)

Hi kenrch,

Matt 22
    ”  37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

I have said over and over the first four deal with God the Last six commandments deal with love for your brother.

I asked Nick do you love the lord with all your mind ALL the time EVERYDAY All Day?

1Jo 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Hi kenrch,
    If Jesus spoke of two and you say ten then whom should we follow?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 26 2007,01:56)

Hi 94,
    Jesus gave us his own commandments which are written according to the spirit of the OT Law, and on our hearts.
    Matt 7
    12″In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, ” YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Gal 6

Jas 2
    8If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well.

Hi Nick:

And so, are you saying that when you receive the Holy Ghost the law of God is automatically written on your heart?

Hi 94,
    Those who are led by the Spirit are the sons of God. That Spirit is born into us as Christ over a long time as Paul showed in Galatians so to recognise and be taught by and and then learn to be led by the Spirit is a long process.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2007,01:59)

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 26 2007,01:53)

Hi kenrch,

Matt 22

Hi kenrch,
    If Jesus spoke of two and you say ten then whom should we follow?

Are you that silly?
    Love Nick. Love the Lord with all your heart-first four. Love your neighbour as yourself last six LOVE

Thanks for the compliment but I didn't write any of the scriptures that I posted the Holy Spirit did. So who should we follow the Holy Spirit or you?

BTW You didn't explain this scripture.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

All two of them LOL!

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2007,02:01)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 26 2007,01:56)

Hi 94,
    Matt 7

Gal 6

Jas 2

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,
    Those who are led by the Spirit are the sons of God. That Spirit is born into us as Christ over a long time as Paul showed in Galatians so to recognise and be taught by and and then learn to be led by the Spirit is a long process.

Hi Nick:

That is true.  The Holy Ghost will lead us to all truth.  God is not a dictator, He is our helper and will teach his children just like our natural father should teach us.

And so, if we love God, we will have not other God beside him, we will not make graven images, we will not take his name in vain, we will keep the sabbath day and if we love our neighbor as ourself we won't kill, not even with our toungue, we will not commit adultery, not even to look at at woman to lust after her flesh, we will not steal, we will not bear false witness against our neighbor, we will honour our mother and our father, and we will not covet anything that belongs to our neighbor.

Jesus said: “If you love me keep my commandments”.  (John 14:15)(Matt. 5:17-19)

And most assuredly, we will want to preach the gospel to whomever will listen.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Who do you know that does not keep all the commandments?
    Does anyone?
    We are all works in progress being perfected against high standards by the power of the Spirit.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2007,02:28)
    Hi kenrch,
    Does anyone?
    We are all works in progress being perfected against high standards by the power of the Spirit.

I believe that's why Jesus died so that when we break the law we would have forgivness. You didn't know that?

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 26 2007,02:31)
    [/quote]

nick wrote:

Hi kenrch,
    Does anyone?

I believe that's why Jesus died so that when we break the law we would have forgivness.  You didn't know that?

NOOOOOO!! LOL

“Oh im gonna murder…. Jesus will have forgiveness for me anyway”

NO WAY!!

Hugs
    Phoenix

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Feb. 26 2007,02:52)

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 26 2007,02:31)
    [/quote]

nick wrote:

Hi kenrch,
    Does anyone?

I believe that's why Jesus died so that when we break the law we would have forgivness.  You didn't know that?

NOOOOOO!! LOL

“Oh im gonna murder…. Jesus will have forgiveness for me anyway”

NO WAY!!

Hugs
    Phoenix

Yes IF you repent. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven. :D

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account