The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

As you say the first man Adam is created of the dust of the ground.

The second man Adam is the spirit that gives life to Adam and so makes him a living soul; as opposed to a non-living one.

The second man of each of us is the soul which is said to depart from the first man of each of us with death according to Genesis 35:18. Jesus called his soul, spirit, and committed it into the hands of his heavenly Father just before it departed from him, Luke 23:46.

The soul without the tent of a body is said to be dead even though Jesus tells us it yet lives according to Matthew 22:31-33.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,10:03)
    georg

this is pure speculation is it not ??
    These souls were the Christians that were killed by the Romans.
    The waiting started in 313 AD when Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians.
    The waiting ended in 565 AD when those that were to die like they did, were persecuted, and killed, by the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, Antichrist.

Those souls did not literally ask anything, they were dead, period; what you read they said is for “our” understanding, and information.

Constantine did not stop Christian persecution ,only to the ones (secte) that line themself with him.
    can the truth of God join him ??

Pierre

Pierre

Your ignorance scares me.

Georg

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 22 2011,13:14)

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,06:17)
    Mike

The apostle John was given a vision of the future, including the “souls” under the alter.
    They represent the martyrs that would die for Jesus; beheaded simply means, they gave their life for Jesus, they did not deny him.
    They hadn't even all died yet.
    Who was it that would kill them?
    Why were they told to wait?
    When did the waiting start?

The waiting started in 313 AD when Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians.
    The waiting ended in 565 AD when those that were to die like they did, were persecuted, and killed, by the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, Antichrist.

Those souls did not literally ask anything, they were dead, period; what you read they said is for “our” understanding, and information.

Ecc 9:5   For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.  

Georg

Hi Georg,

Souls of the dead go to Sheol, where they are conscious of nothing at all – just like Solomon said.

But later, after Jesus was raised, Paul taught that although Jesus tasted death, not all would taste death.  Some would be changed in the blink of an eye.

Those are the saints who were directly killed for Jesus or God, I believe.  I believe that while the vast majority of people still die and “sleep” with their fathers in Sheol until the resurrection, certain saints who were and are killed for Christ are taken up to heaven immediately.  Jesus himself said as much:

Matthew 16:28
    “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

mike

Mike

I think you have overlooked what Paul said.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The “DEAD” Mike, the dead shall rise first.
    And why do you think he said,

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

“We which are alive and REMAIN”; remain until when? until they die, then, at the moment of death, they are caught up into the presents of Jesus and the saints, in an twinkling of an eye.
    If you believe in a rapture, you will be disappointed.

1Cr 15:35 ¶ But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

Paul talks about the resurrection of the DEAD, not about the change of the living.

1Cr 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

“Not quickened”, made alive again, except it die first.
    All those that were killed by the Romans first, and then by the Pope, Antichrist, would have to wait for the resurrection in their grave; those that were alive when the first resurrection took place, would instantly be changed at their death, no waiting in the grave; that is what “we which are alive and remain”, means.

1Cr 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Again, Paul is emphasizing the resurrection of the dead, not the living.

Georg

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 22 2011,13:33)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,20:14)
    Mike

if our soul is not from spirit (i mean part of Christ )then so what is the IMAGE  and  LIKENESS in Gen;1;26

Hi Pierre,

I don't exactly know what is meant by “in our image”.  Does He mean with a heart made to feel love intensely?  A brain that can do complex tasks?  A love for music?  An appreciation for beautiful scenary and artwork?

I really don't know about “image” anymore than I know about the soul.  Like I said twice, I'm just posting how I think about it at this time.  I don't know anything about it for sure.  :)

In fact, I was thinking the soul is our intellect and memories,  but Jesus said we are to love God with all of our heart, strength, soul and mind.  He mentions soul as something other than mind, although he quotes Deut 6:5 which does NOT distinguish soul as different from mind………….so what do I know?  :)

This is definitely a hard question you've raised, Pierre.  Many people have many opinions.  I only offered mine.  :)

Each time I read the Bible, I read it with new questions like this in the back of my mind.  Maybe something will stick this time through.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Mike! I agree, we really don't know 100% what the Soul is, in one way we can see it is a Spirit, as in psalms

Psa 42:2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Since we know that we would have to be Spirit in order to come before God, I believe this is a Spiritual Body.

Psa 41:4 I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

This could be either body or Spirit…..

Pro 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

this could be the body..??? so iffy

Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 23 2011,07:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,10:03)
    georg

this is pure speculation is it not ??

Constantine did not stop Christian persecution ,only to the ones (secte) that line themself with him.
    can the truth of God join him ??

Pierre

Pierre

Your ignorance scares me.

Georg

georg

:) :D

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

those are the early words of God;
    Dt 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
    Dt 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Dt 10:12 And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

it says SEEK the Lord;how can anyone do that unless his soul is spirit ?
    it says you will FIND him;how can anyone find God who is spirit but by there own spirit ;soul;?
    it says with all your hearth;is this your physical hearth ?NO it is the hearth of our soul meaning the deepest feelings ,
    it says with all our strength;the scriptures says the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing so it is the soul that is the motor and the body the tool.

it says walk in his ways and to love him;the power to walk in the way of God is the will of the soul not the body.
    to love God is also the will of the soul,not the body,

the body of flesh is a tool that would have made Adam worth to eat from the tree of live ,just as we today trough Christ are offered,

it is the soul that will go into judgement not the body .

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….Again all this confusion over something so Simple . Nephesh derives it meaning form three Hebrew Letters, the first is a round dot with an squiggly line (Nun) the second letter is a squint eye shaped letter (Pey) the third letter is a W shaped letter (Shin), All of these original Hebrew letters spell out Nephesh and means a living Soul or (COMPLETE BEING), and that includes the (WHOLE) of a person god,or a creature its BODY, and MIND or Spirit (THE COMPLETE BEING.)

Jesus was accurate when he said God could destory (BOTH) “Body and Soul” the complete being “IN THE GRAVE” Because a man can not exist with out a BODY with Spirit (IN) It. If the Spirit goes back to GOD who gave it in the first place and the body goes to the grave and corrupts, that is It, that BEDING no longer exists or ever will again, he or she is completely destroyed in that state, they have perished and are dead, and unless God recreates the exact same DNA body and adds Spirit back into it that person will never again exist. This is not hard to understand but it goes to show us how far “mystery religious” teaching have infected people through false teaching of the Apostate Churches. People try to connect some kind of mystery to every thing religious. There is not such thing as a Soul continual living after your Body dies. Therefore it saysMan will again be able to take from the life giving TREE (that which produces from self) of Life and never die again. We will be given the right to EAT(take to OUR bodies) FROM THE TREE OF LIFE AND NEVER DIES AGAIN.

What may be hard for some to understand is that the (EXACT) same Body is reconstructed or resurected, So it is spoken as the same body even though it is not the one that died before, it still is the (exact) same DNA. So from that perspective it can be spoken of as (IT) (THAT SAME) Body being raised as meaning the same body. Our Bodies even now are replacing themselves and they say every cell in our bodies is replaced every seven years so in a sense we are being continuely reconstructed even now. At a certain Period of time this clock seems to stop and we then start to die. This clock can be adjusted by GOD at his will. It is possible for a man to continual to live for ever in the Flesh. And remember Jesus was raised in the flesh. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………………gene

peace and love………………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 21 2011,21:29)
    so the image of US and OUR to me would be “to be the ruler of the earth just like Christ is over all Gods creation and God is the ruler of all creation .

Thanks for sharing your understanding of it. I remain undecided about what “in our image” means.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,21:53)
    Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I believe here it is Spirit

Hi Irene,

If the spirit goes back to Him who gave it, then it is not “destroyed”, right?

But the soul of the sinner is destroyed. So “soul” must be different from spirit, IMO.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Georg,

Name one single scripture you quoted that proves my understanding to be flawed.

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 22 2011,07:28)

and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  

The “DEAD” Mike, the dead shall rise first.

Why would those souls already living in heaven have a need to “rise”?  Jesus said that not all STANDING HERE will taste death.  Your scenario means that there are some 2000+ year old human beings still living.

“We which are alive and REMAIN”; remain until when?

Verse 15 tells us the “when”.  It says, “we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord,”.

Paul talks about the resurrection of the DEAD, not about the change of the living.

Yes, in 1 Cor 15 Paul DOES talk about the resurrection of the dead…………..because he is answering a question from verse 35.  What does that have to do with the fact that not all will taste death?  What does that have to do with the fact that not all will sleep? And how does that explain the souls under the alter in Rev?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,14:37)
    Mike

Dt 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
    Dt 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Dt 10:12 And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

it says you will FIND him;how can anyone find God who is spirit but by there own spirit ;soul;?
    it says with all your hearth;is this your physical hearth ?NO it is the hearth of our soul meaning the deepest feelings ,
    it says with all our strength;the scriptures says the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing so it is the soul that is the motor and the body the tool.

it says walk in his ways and to love him;the power to walk in the way of God is the will of the soul not the body.

the body of flesh is a tool that would have made Adam worth to eat from the tree of live ,just as we today trough Christ are offered,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Okay.  I hear you and acknowledge your understanding of it.  :)  I don't believe that our soul is the spirit that we know goes back to Him who gave it.

I believe that our souls await judgement, sitting in Hades or Sheol, conscious of nothing until we are revived.  I believe that some souls are taken to heaven the second the body dies.  Those are the TRUE saints who have died DIRECTLY for their belief in Christ and the Gospel. ( And possibly some like Elijah, Moses and the Patriarchs.)

I believe this is what the scriptures teach.  And I believe our spirit has already gone back to God by the time our souls are placed in Hades to await judgement………….so the soul cannot be the spirit.

This is how I understand it for now.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 23 2011,21:07)

Mike

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Okay.  I hear you and acknowledge your understanding of it.  :)  I don't believe that our soul is the spirit that we know goes back to Him who gave it.

I believe that our souls await judgement, sitting in Hades or Sheol, conscious of nothing until we are revived.  I believe that some souls are taken to heaven the second the body dies.  Those are the TRUE saints who have died DIRECTLY for their belief in Christ and the Gospel.  ( And possibly some like Elijah, Moses and the Patriarchs.)

I believe this is what the scriptures teach.  And I believe our spirit has already gone back to God by the time our souls are placed in Hades to await judgement………….so the soul cannot be the spirit.

mike

Mike

the reason why i believe our soul is the spirit that God gives out to all is creature angel ,man ,and beast but all according to his will ,

Man as been created to the LIKENESS of ;US and OUR so they are both spirits God and Christ(the WORD)

the fact that it goes back to God ,it is because the will of God as not been completed yet but in time there will be the judgement and all opposition to God will be destroyed and all the souls of the righteous will be restored on earth and in heaven.new earth and new heaven.

the same apply to Satan who receive from God a time to prove his point and then is end comes,

it is the same with us one live and then the judgement .

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I believe that our souls await judgement, sitting in Hades or Sheol, conscious of nothing until we are revived.  I believe that some souls are taken to heaven the second the body dies.  Those are the TRUE saints who have died DIRECTLY for their belief in Christ and the Gospel.  ( And possibly some like Elijah, Moses and the Patriarchs.)

mike

Mike

:) :)

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

this is related to what to do with our soul;
    Mt 6:19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
    Mt 6:20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
    Mt 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Mt 6:22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.
    Mt 6:23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
    Mt 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Mt 20:1 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard.
    Mt 20:2 He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.
    Mt 20:3 “About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing.
    Mt 20:4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’
    Mt 20:5 So they went.
    “He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing.
    Mt 20:6 About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’
    Mt 20:7 “ ‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
    “He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’
    Mt 20:8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’
    Mt 20:9 “The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius.
    Mt 20:10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius.
    Mt 20:11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner.
    Mt 20:12 ‘These men who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
    Mt 20:13 “But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius?
    Mt 20:14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you.
    Mt 20:15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’
    Mt 20:16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

this is what Christ died for to give as eternal live no more no less to become obedient to God.

also Satan is a spirit that rebel against God ,and men is no different in is nature

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Luke 23:46(NIV)

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

Pneuma from the Greek Lexicon at searchgodsword.org

1.the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    a.sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \Holy\ Spirit)
    b.sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \Truth\)
    c.never referred to as a depersonalised force
    2.the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    a.the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    b.the soul
    3.a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    a.a life giving spirit
    b.a human soul that has left the body
    c.a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
    1.used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
    2.the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
    4.the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    a.the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
    5.a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    a.of the wind, hence the wind itself
    b.breath of nostrils or mouth

As you can see from the definitions of the common Greek word “pneuma”, Jesus may well have been commending his soul to God when it departed.  That does not mean it did not go to Hades, aka Sheol, but rather that Jesus put his trust in God to do what is right with his soul.

According to scripture you can get a new spirit while I know of nowhere God states you can get a new soul.  Why commend you spirit into God’s hands if it is not intrinsic to who you are?

All the following Scriptures are from the KJV of scripture.

Genesis 35:18

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin.

We are instructed here that her soul departed, as opposed to died, when she died.

Psalm 26:9

Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with those who are bloodthirsty,

We are instructed here that a soul can be taken away with sinners.

1 Kings 17

17And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
    18And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
    19And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
    20And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
    21And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
    22And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.
    23And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.

The prophet Elijah petitions God to allow the soul of a child to return to its flesh.   God heard and allowed the boy’s soul to reenter his body.  Please not this is just like when God breathed life into Adam and Adam became a living soul.   When the boy’s soul returned to his body he once more became a living soul.

These are other scriptures I feel are related.

Job 12:10

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Job 27:8

For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

Job 33:18

He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:22

Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Job 33:30

To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Job 33:28

He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

Psalm 7:5

Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.

Psalm 16:10

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalm 30:3

O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 24 2011,02:24)
    To all,

Luke 23:46(NIV)

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

Pneuma from the Greek Lexicon at searchgodsword.org

1.the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    a.sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \Holy\ Spirit)
    b.sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \Truth\)
    c.never referred to as a depersonalised force
    2.the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    a.the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    b.the soul
    3.a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    a.a life giving spirit
    b.a human soul that has left the body
    c.a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
    1.used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
    2.the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
    4.the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    a.the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
    5.a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    a.of the wind, hence the wind itself
    b.breath of nostrils or mouth

As you can see from the definitions of the common Greek word “pneuma”, Jesus may well have been commending his soul to God when it departed.  That does not mean it did not go to Hades, aka Sheol, but rather that Jesus put his trust in God to do what is right with his soul.

According to scripture you can get a new spirit while I know of nowhere God states you can get a new soul.  Why commend you spirit into God’s hands if it is not intrinsic to who you are?

All the following Scriptures are from the KJV of scripture.

Genesis 35:18

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin.

We are instructed here that her soul departed, as opposed to died, when she died.

Psalm 26:9

Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with those who are bloodthirsty,

We are instructed here that a soul can be taken away with sinners.

1 Kings 17

17And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
    18And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
    19And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
    20And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
    21And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
    22And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.
    23And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.

The prophet Elijah petitions God to allow the soul of a child to return to its flesh.   God heard and allowed the boy’s soul to reenter his body.  Please not this is just like when God breathed life into Adam and Adam became a living soul.   When the boy’s soul returned to his body he once more became a living soul.

These are other scriptures I feel are related.

Job 12:10

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Job 27:8

For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

Job 33:18

He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:22

Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Job 33:30

To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Job 33:28

He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

Psalm 7:5

Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.

Psalm 16:10

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalm 30:3

O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Kerwin

so what are your conclusion is the soul the given spirit or is it the body??

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 23 2011,13:39)

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,21:53)
    Mat 10:28   And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  

I believe here it is Spirit

Hi Irene,

If the spirit goes back to Him who gave it, then it is not “destroyed”, right?

But the soul of the sinner is destroyed.  So “soul” must be different from spirit, IMO.

mike

Mike…………No the Spirit (intellect) is not destroyed YOU ARE. Your still thinking Spirit is a BEING when in Fact it is NOT a BEING (IT) Intellect is what is (IN) Beings. Spirit intellect of the same kind can be in billions of people at the same time all can know they need to eat (that is Spirit giving them that intellect). Spirit is a Shared intellect rather it is clean or unclean anyone can have it (IN) them, again for the hundredth time a Spirit is not a Being it is what is (IN) Beings. God said He would pour forth of his SPIRIT upon (ALL) flesh . GET IT?> Spirit is the MIND the Thinking going on (IN) the MIND , A persons Spirits is not unique to them that same spirits can be in anyone . Scripture says if the Spirit of Him who raised Christ Jesus from the dead be (IN) You (IT) shall also quicken you mortal (dead) (BODIES). Just as it did HIS that mind or Spirit is not unique to Jesus (IT) can be in you or anyone else, that SAME SPIRIT. GET IT>

peace and love………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 23 2011,15:34)

Mike

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

mike

Mike

:)  :)

Terricca……….Simple look up the word used there for Soul and you will find it is SPIRIT (Ruach) breathe , not Naphesh (Soul) or a Being)> Look it up and that might solve your confusions. Many times Scripture mix up those two words because Spirit is the intellect of the Soul (PERSON)> But as Jesus said Both the BODY and The SOUL (which includes his body) can be destroyed by GOD (IN) the Grave. NOT the SPIRIT because it goes back to its source from where it came Your spirit is (NOT) unique to you, Your BODY is unique to YOU.

Spirit (intellect) is Spirit (intellect) and the same spirit (intellect) you have can be in anyone or in All. Why do you think Jesus sai I (IN) You and YOU (IN) Me, it is by the (SAME SPIRIT INTELLECT)”THAT GOD MAY BE IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL”> The only difference is the Bodies he is (IN) God lives vicariously (IN) all His creation. That is why he knows even when a Sparrow fall to the ground, because the animal released it spirit (intellect) in it , the same as when men die their spirit (intellect)(IN) them is released back to GOD. GOD is the very Life of all physical creation that has life (IN) it.

When a person dies he no longer EXISTS no more then when a animal dies It no longer exists either, “So dies on So dies the other”. There is NO difference between us and the other animals in GOD'S creation , except we have More Spirit (intellect) in us then they do. WE can come to posses all seven Spirit of GOD (IN) us just as Jesus Now has in Him. IMO

peace and love……………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 23 2011,13:37)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 21 2011,21:29)
    so the image of US and OUR to me would be “to be the ruler of the earth just like Christ is over all Gods creation and God is the ruler of all creation .

Thanks for sharing your understanding of it.  I remain undecided about what “in our image” means.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike………Stand in front of a mirror and you will have your answer it is an (EXACT) Reflection of YOU> That is what (IMAGE) means it is never the REAL PERSON, Just a Reflection of Him. The material in the mirror reflects you, So does the Spirit (intellect) of GOD cause us to reflect GOD in our lives. Simple, nothing complicated about it. Be you Holy because I am Holy, be you Perfect because I am Perfect”. Says GOD. This is accomplished by the SAME Spirit (intellect) GOD Has placed (IN) us and then we are (imaging) or Reflecting GOD in our lives. IMO

peace and love………………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 24 2011,06:30)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 23 2011,15:34)

Mike

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

mike

Mike

:)  :)

Terricca……….Simple look up the word used there for Soul and you will find it is SPIRIT (Ruach) breathe , not Naphesh (Soul) or a Being)>  Look it up and that might solve your confusions. Many times Scripture mix up those two words because Spirit is the intellect of the Soul (PERSON)> But as Jesus said Both the BODY and The SOUL (which includes his body) can be destroyed by GOD (IN) the Grave. NOT the SPIRIT because it goes back to its source from where it came Your spirit is (NOT) unique to you, Your BODY is unique to YOU.  

Spirit (intellect) is Spirit (intellect) and the same spirit (intellect) you have can be in anyone or in All. Why do you think Jesus sai I (IN) You and YOU (IN) Me, it is by the (SAME SPIRIT INTELLECT)”THAT GOD MAY BE IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL”> The only difference is the Bodies he is (IN) God lives vicariously (IN) all His creation. That is why he knows even when a Sparrow fall to the ground, because the animal released it spirit (intellect) in it , the same as when men die their spirit (intellect)(IN) them is released back to GOD. GOD is the very Life of all physical creation that has life (IN) it.

When a person dies he no longer EXISTS no more then when a animal dies It no longer exists either, “So dies on So dies the other”. There is NO difference between us and the other animals in GOD'S creation , except we have More Spirit (intellect) in us then they do. WE can come to posses all seven Spirit of GOD (IN) us just as Jesus Now has in Him. IMO

peace and love……………………………..gene

Gene

just answer me those three question in;
    Ge 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth

what Is the IMAGE that man is made to ??
    what is the LIKENESS that man is made to ???

what is the DOMINION man received stands for??

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account