The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

All

many have different believes about what the soul is ,

so this is where we can discuss what is a soul in scriptures and how it was created since the beginning.

in Gen;2;7

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

this is a start for the this subject look at the questions;
    Mt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul

so it is the flesh that dies and this in according with Adam s sin.but the soul (spirit of us)go to God ,for resurrection of judgement right ?

Ge 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Ge 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living(active) being(soul).
    can a soul of men be actif without a flesh body ?

what would mean “in our image”? and our likeness”?

how is the image of “US” and OUR” ?

and what is the “LIKENESS of US ” ?

Ge 5:3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
    Jesus is also an image,
    2Co 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
    Ge 9:6 “Whoever sheds the blood of man,
    by man shall his blood be shed;
    for in the image of God
    has God made man.

Isa 40:18 To whom, then, will you compare God?
    What image will you compare him to?

so did the spirit of men was first and then the flesh ??

or both at the same time ?

the breath of live is the breathing of air so man brain and blood start moving I gess here .

Pierre

karmarie
    Participant

Terra, the soul is who we are. Our inner being, perhaps.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 20 2011,14:25)
    Terra, the soul is who we are. Our inner being, perhaps.

Karmarie

yes i agree with you ,that it is the spirit in us that is us,

so that wen God created man the spirit was made first and it was given a body so that the spirit (soul) could be active on earth.

and the activation of the soul was when God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (breathing cycle)

wen we are born we recieve our soul but this is not the full soul we will have wen we die,this is that live we recieve from God ,and now God look at what we do with our soul and so justly call us in judgement at the end .

so doing Gods will is the only way out to save our live

Pierre

seekingtruth
    Participant

The soul, our 'persona' (self), is the seat of our consciousness, our will decides between good and evil.

I believe our soul's decision process is a balance of:
    •Our flesh, the source of; desires, memories, thoughts, and reasoning.
    •Our spirit, the embodiment of intellect and power, host to the emotions, influenced from higher sources of good and evil, like pools we can tap into them or even come under their power.

Our wants and needs work together to produce desire, and unless there is an overwhelming conflict from our knowledge, personality or emotions, the flesh will get its way every time.

My opinion – Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 20 2011,21:52)
    The soul, our 'persona' (self), is the seat of our consciousness, our will decides between good and evil.

I believe our soul's decision process is a balance of:
    •Our flesh, the source of; desires, memories, thoughts, and reasoning.
    •Our spirit, the embodiment of intellect and power, host to the emotions, influenced from higher sources of good and evil, like pools we can tap into them or even come under their power.

Our wants and needs work together to produce desire, and unless there is an overwhelming conflict from our knowledge, personality or emotions, the flesh will get its way every time.

My opinion – Wm

seek t

do you think that flesh can do all the things you mention or is it the spirit or soul that can do all that,

the flesh is dust and turn to dust ,

anyone can kill the flesh ,animal ,accidents ,men,but only God can destroy the soul;Mt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul

our flesh is a tent say scriptures to allow us to perform our will

to serve God or not.after dead there is no works only judgement ,right?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

those scriptures may help to see;

Ps 31:9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
    my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
    my soul and my body with grief.

Ps 63:1 O God, you are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
    my soul thirsts for you,
    my body longs for you,
    in a dry and weary land
    where there is no water

Pr 3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the LORD and shun evil.
    Pr 3:8 This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

Ecc 11:5 As you do not know the path of the wind,
    or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb,
    so you cannot understand the work of God,
    the Maker of all things.

Ecc 12:12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
    Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
    the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

Mt 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

In this verses we can see the separation of body and spirit the soul,

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,05:23)
    All

so this is where we can discuss what is a soul in scriptures and how it was created since the beginning.

in Gen;2;7

Pierre

What is there to debate?

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ask yourself, did God give man a soul, or did man “”become”” a soul?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,02:41)

All

in Gen;2;7

Pierre

What is there to debate?

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

Georg

georg

no he did not become a soul,he become a living (active)soul

but there is more than Gen 2;7 read other comments

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,19:48)

All

in Gen;2;7

Pierre

What is there to debate?

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

Georg

georg

Pierre

“”:p“”

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,02:52)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,19:48)

All

in Gen;2;7

Pierre

What is there to debate?

Georg

georg

Pierre

“”:p“”

georg

Pr 3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the LORD and shun evil.
    Pr 3:8 This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

is it the body that become wise??

and to become wise how does it influence the body ?

is it the body that is the sinner or the soul (spirit )in the tent ?

wen you look at a women with envie who is it that does that ?

the body with
    out soul is dead.

Mt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul

Pierre

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,21:38)

Hi. And,
    Hebrews 4:12,
    'For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 21 2011,03:19)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,21:38)

Hi. And,
    Hebrews 4:12,
    'For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Karmarie

you right but how is it done ;?

Gal 5:16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
    Gal 5:17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.
    Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
    Gal 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
    Gal 5:20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
    Gal 5:21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    Gal 5:23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    Gal 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
    Gal 5:25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
    Gal 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

here is some light of likeness;Ps 17:13 Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
    Ps 17:14 From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
    Ps 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Lets look at this closely

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It says that man became a Soul, not that He has a Soul.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Here it says Soul and Spirit, two parts not Soul is the Spirit.

If we say it any other way we are adding to it. Pierre all those Scriptures you give, are they really necessary? Judging a person is not right. That my friend is a self-righteous attitude. We are here to debate not judge….

All other Scriptures Pierre gave do talk about the Spirit, I did not see one that said the Spirit is a Soul….

Peace and love Irene

Baker
    Participant

Psa 17:13   Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, [which is] thy sword:  

Put body there instead Soul, does it fit?  Yes

and when you go on in Psalms you can tekll it is talking about the body….Irene

Baker
    Participant

Some more scriptures about the Soul or Body….
    Pro 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

question, can a Spirit be made fat?

Pro 11:30 The fruit of the righteous [is] a tree of life; and he that winneth souls [is] wise.

This can be taken to be a Spirit….Or it can be body also….

Psa 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

These are talking about the body-flesh..

Psa 23:1 ¶ [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
    Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

These are some of my favorite Psalms which we sang..THE LORD IS MY SHEPARD, NOTHING SHAll I want….
    He restoreth my Soul…

Conclusion, going through some more Scriptures, I find that some times Soul means body like in Genesis 2:7, Hebrew 4:12 and Psalms 11;25 and other times it is the Spirit……
    I went through all of the Psalms and that is what I found….
    Peace and love irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AT ALL………A SOUL (IS) A BODY WITH SPIRIT (IN) IT. No where does it show a soul existing outside of a body. Jesus plainly said God could destory BOTH (two things) (IN) the GRAVE the Body and the Soul , why because a Soul can  not exist with out a BODY. Many times a Soul is shown referencing the body as well as the spirit, because a Soul (IS) a BODY with SPIRIT (IN) IT, one can  not exist with out the other as a SOUL. Just that simply, why complicate something so simple to understand IMO.

peace and love………………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

IMO, the soul is like a computer hard drive.  It is our intellect and our memories and completely who we are.

Our spirit is like a USB/Power cable plugged into us.  It not only give us the electricity needed to power our “hard drive”, but can also feed us information via “God's internet”.

Our body is simply the outer case of the computer.

We die when our electricity source is cut off from God.  And our outer case eventually decays until it is gone.  But the hard drive remains in tact, full of the memories of our life.  It is stored in a place the Hebrews called Sheol.  It sits there, unconscious of anything at all…………..UNTIL its power source is again supplied by God.  Once it again has power to it, all those memories are again accessible.  And all we are missing at that point is the outer case.  During the resurrection, God will give spiritual cases to those hard drives that are going to live in heaven, and fleshly cases to those hard drives that are going to be on earth forever.

Those are my thoughts according to my current understanding.  Perhaps I'm wrong?  

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,05:04)
    Lets look at this closely

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

It says that man became a Soul, not that He has a Soul.

Hbr 4:12   For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  

Here it says Soul and Spirit, two parts not Soul is the Spirit.  

If we say it any other way we are adding to it.  Pierre all those Scriptures you give, are they really necessary?  Judging a person is not right.  That my friend is a self-righteous attitude.  We are here to debate not judge….

All other Scriptures Pierre gave do talk about the Spirit, I did not see one that said the Spirit is a Soul….

Peace and love Irene

Irene

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

now i ask you what was the soul before it recieved the breath of live ????

and you did not answer Gen;1;26
    what is the “IMAGE and the LIKENESS of US and OUR

Mt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Christ separate the body from the soul why is that ???

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account