The Son of man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Scripture says the spirit returns to God.
    Intellect is of the mind, a soul aspect.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Seeking……….For God is not willing any Parish, but that All come to repentance. And who gives repentance is it not GOD himself . Scripture says we are the Clay and He is the potter ,does not the potter have power over the Clay to make it the way He wants. The the problem with man is pride, man wants to think He is the captain of His destiny and by His so-called FREE WILLS Choices He determines His out come , no where in scripture is that proved, but the opposite is proved , “For it is not with in man to direct His steps” and the carnal mind is not subject to the laws of GOD, neither indeed can be. But some here would have us think we are the directer of our salvation by our so-called free choices but no where in scripture is that upheld. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767………..And what gives the cells there intellect to reproduce and mend , Blood indeed carries life through out the body , but God gives them the ability to work and sustain life and if He were to with draw His spirit they would cease to function and you would die. Read Ezekiel and the valley of dead bones, how the bones all came together and flesh came on them all but there was no life in the until God told Ezekiel to command the force that activated them back to life and GOD Said this is the (WHOLE) HOUSE OF ISRAEL> not just part of it. And remember Israel rejected Jesus so why do they live then. God is in all things that have life He has to be or it would not live. He upholds all life and life forms. He even knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, He is omnipresent.IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Ga 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Ga 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Ezekiel 36:25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

How is it that the rudiments or elements of the world are burnt up? Because the filthiness in man that produces idolaters, murderers, liars etc…, will be cleansed through God’s Spirit. As He commanded all men to repent, all men shall, because it is not a matter of our own personal choice, but is something that is CAUSED in us by our Almighty Creator.

Nick will you not trust in God, and believe in His word? Do you really feel that man’s evil is above God’s Will? Do you really believe that our pathetic carnal nature which is made from such elements as carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen, can outwit it's own Creator? We are weak and powerless creatures that are only as good as our influences. When man is left without God, he creates deception and dysfunction leading to sin, but with God's Spirit dominating over our own spirit, we change for the better. God says that the gift of the Spirit is irrevocable.

Ezekiel37: 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.' “

Romans 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. 32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are–yet was without sin.

2Timothy 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at* His appearing and His kingdom:

What is the foundation that Jesus will use to cast his judgments onto men? As he did indeed suffer as we did, and as he proclaimed that he did nothing of himself that his righteousness came from God's Spirit, his verdict, his conclusion, his judgment will be that these people are in need of God's Spirit too! As Ezekiel 36:27 says, “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes,” This is what Jesus understands as to what is needed to draw men into repentance. YHWH causes it not us.

Jesus died for the ungodly so that they could be raised and receive mercy in the work of God's Spirit which turns disobedience into obedience.

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

The WORKS of the ungodly are burnt up destroying idolaters, liars, murderers, etc…, because God’s Spirit has been placed in them and they are no longer disobedient. Righteousness dwells because God has given His Spirit.

Romans 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Here are the FACTS do not deny them.
    1.) God desires ALL to be saved.
    2.) When God puts His Spirit in man, man becomes obedient.

Obviously God according to His Will and His plan will give His Spirit to all men. The Lake of Fire expresses the final calling of the rest of man into God’s Spirit, ridding all idolaters, murderers, liars, sexual immoral..etc.. from the world through bringing them to shame and drawing them into remorse and repentance.

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah. 12 These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the wind
    s; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; 13 raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever. 14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” 16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. 17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: 18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. 19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

Who needs God’s Spirit more then the ungodly? Though we too have been ungodly ourselves, it seems that some people here want to destroy God's word and God's mercies, they feel that they are BETTER at judging then YHWH Himself.

Well, SHAME ON YOU! You make me SICK!

Hate the sin do not hate the sinner, for you once walked in the weakness of the flesh, but God has poured His Spirit on you, and He will do the same to all, for it is His Will and it is in His Power.

The Good News is this truth…

God can save all and will save all, for Jesus is our proof, that YHWH can with His Spirit make man righteous. The Kingdom is coming and our Almighty Creator will be all in all.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Jodi.
    Isaiah46:10 …Saying, All My counsel shall be confirmed.
    And all My desire will I do.
    Indeed, I speak! Indeed, I will bring it about!
    I formed. Indeed, I will do it.

Yes, ALL His desires He will do. 2Tim.2:4 … Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

You say…God can and will save all. I agree, keep up the good work.

God Bless, Jerry.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

So just mix in a little logic and you make new doctrine?
    Back to the foundation of the Word I suggest.
    The rest is foolish speculation

Do not blame logic when poor logic is used. Logic is a gift from God and allows us to correctly interpret the word of God but even good logic by itself is certainly not enough since you need God to correctly interpret scripture and He will do that for those that hunger and thirst for righteousness. As for the rest scripture will become an obstacle as they are blind and deaf to the truth; may God heal their hardened hearts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “Here are the FACTS do not deny them.
    1.) God desires ALL to be saved.
    True.
    Then you say
    2.) When God puts His Spirit in man, man becomes obedient.

When will God do this?

He doesn't put His Spirit in unprepared vessels.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 29 2009,21:05)
    . Scripture says we are the Clay and He is the potter ,does not the potter have power over the Clay to make it the way He wants.

Gene,

You cite the text and deny the fulness of what it says.  It establishes that God does not offer universal salvation or
    punishment.  He treats each individually and, possibly even,
    differently.

Seeking

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 29 2009,21:05)
    Seeking……….For God is not willing any Parish, but that All come to repentance. And who gives repentance is it not GOD himself .

Gene,

Who repents?

Let me see if I understand. God is omniscient, omnipotent, etc. He is the potter and will do with us what He pleases. He pleases that all should be saved – therefore – all will be saved. We repent only because He knew we would and not because we decide to.

When Joshua said, “choose this day whom you will serve” it was redundant because, you state we do not have free will to choose and God knows we will all choose salvation in the final analysis because that is what He desires. What we desire does not enter into the picture.

Is that a resonable account of what you are saying?

Seeking

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Seeking………your mixing up Carnal minded Isralites who did not have the Spirit of God in them with those who do. And by the way History shown the all Chose wrong. The carnal mind is (not) subject to the laws of GOd neither indeed can be. Think about it.
    Read what Jodi and Chosenone wrote.

love and peace to you and yours…………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi ……….Excellent post, You notice out of all the scriptures you posted , Nick still doesn't get it, he has to have something to say like God doesn't put his Spirit in unprepared vessels, like he knows what GOD does, but doesn't realize it is GOD who creates the vessels not the vessels themselves. Pure ignorance of scriptures. He and some others remind me of where it say “They profess GOD, but (DENY) the POWER THERE OF>
    Indeed clouds without water, waves foaming out their shame having only a form of godliness and deny the power of there of , even denying that we should use our God given minds of logic. pure foolishness , Nick always wants Scripture but when it is furnished then what does he do , try to divert from what said , not matter how much scripture is given . Amazing!

It is apparent to all who have GOD'S spirit that GOD is using you and giving you understanding that these gain sayers can only take pot shots at, But God's word is powerful and sound to the sound minded .

love and peace to you and yours Jodi……………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Are all pots chosen by the Potter?

Rom9
    18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

No

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………The potter can chose them any time He decides to even after they are raised from the dead, who are you to limit what the Potter can do, O MAN.

love and peace……………………………….gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 30 2009,15:19)
    942767………..And what gives the cells there intellect to reproduce and mend , Blood indeed carries life through out the body , but God gives them the ability to work and sustain life and if He were to with draw His spirit they would cease to function and you would die. Read Ezekiel and the valley of dead bones, how the bones all came together and flesh came on them all but there was no life in the until God told Ezekiel to command the force that activated them back to life and GOD Said this is the (WHOLE) HOUSE OF ISRAEL> not just part of it. And remember Israel rejected Jesus so why do they live then. God is in all things that have life He has to be or it would not live. He upholds all life and life forms. He even knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, He is omnipresent.IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………….gene

Hi Gene:

You said that God is everybody, and that is not a true statement.

God created the human body, and so, by His wisdom He created it with its various functions. If you lose all of your blood you will die, and if you are not reconciled to God, the scripture states that your soul is dead to God.

Don't you understand the prophecy in Ezekiel?

We do have the following scripture:

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……… All life forms are from one God and they work and function according to the one God. I never said God (IS) everybody but God's Spirit (INTELLECT) is in all things that have life, all spirit (intellect) is of God as well as all things that he created is of Him. And all life is from or of Him. Please show where scripture says if your not reconciled to God that your soul is DEAD to GOD. In fact if your soul dies you no longer exist as a person. Scripture says the Soul that sins it shall die so that must include all , because it also says all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. To try to make our salvation as a matter of ourselves and the use of fear is in itself a destroyer of true FAITH. Because it turns man salvation to himself the the medium of fear, destroying FAITH.

Again……..> Please show where scripture says if (you are not reconciled to God that your soul is dead to GOD) where is that at exactly.

love and peace………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God's breath is in all that is alive.
    God's Spirit is not in animals or the heathen.
    The anointing by God's Spirit is a great and undeserved blessing.

But the breath of God is not His Spirit any more than your breath is your spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Job 33:4
    The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….So the Spirit in animals and man are not of GOD in your teachings , then where did there spirits come from, themselves.?
    The same problem exist Nick, you don't understand what spirit is.

love and peace………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Do you mean are they of the Spirit of God?
    Yes.

ECC3
    19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Why would you think the spirit of animals is the Spirit of God.
    Have you not been blessed of the Spirit of God?

Participant

Hi Gene:

You say:

but God's Spirit (INTELLECT) is in all things that have life,

Please show me how you arrived at this conclusion.  Are you saying that God's Holy Spirit is His intellect and His Holy Spirit is in all things that have life?

This is what I mean by your soul being dead to God if you have not been reconciled to him.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account