The Son of man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The breath of God animates all things that live.

Ecclesiastes 3:19
    For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.

Acts 17
    27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

If God withdrew that life they would die.
    But the Holy Spirit of God does not inhabit sinners and plants and animals.

You are confused at least.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Do you see how you twist Scripture to meet you theologies , You know full well it says the difference between us and the animals is when we die our SPIRIT returns to HIM (GOD) who gave it. Ecc 3:19 has nothing to do with what we are talking about , Sure as animals die we Fleshly speaking do also , but our Spirit in us is of GOD. So quite trying to make us the same as animals> And how could we feel after Him if he wasn't present.

The only one confused here is you little brother, and that is obvious to most.

peace and love………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You offer this
    “if he were to withdraw his spirit all flesh would die.”
    Can you give us the source?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 28 2009,17:52)
    Hi Jodi,
    Have you not read Mt25?

Nick, of course I have read it.

I want you to directly give the verses of which give you your understanding, and be more specific of your understanding.

Matthew 25:45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me. 46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

Nick, how many times were the Israelites punished, how many times did God give them mercy?

It is not like magic, the Holy Spirit sends blessing and cursing, rewards and punishment in order to teach and to create desired behavior and give man proof of God's authority, and our need for His Spirit. It is not like magic, the Holy Spirit working in man is a process, for some it takes longer and harsher punishments to create God's Will, which is for Him to bring ALL into repentance, so that He will be all in all.

Christ died for the UNGODLY, those being punished in Matthew 25 are the ungodly.

John 5:19 Jesus therefore responded and said to them, `Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son is not able to do anything of himself, if he may not see the Father doing anything; for whatever things He may do, these also the Son in like manner doth;

Joh 17:25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.

Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

This really seems to say it all.

Romans 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. 7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written: “God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see And ears that they should not hear, To this very day.” 9 And David says: “Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them. 10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, And bow down their back always.” 11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness! 13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree? 25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, F58 as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; 27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.” 28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

The calling of God is for ALL men to repent, and therefore ALL men WILL repent. The CALLING of YHWH is for all men to be saved, therefore all will be saved.

We have all been disobedient, when the time is right God will bring all men out of disobedience.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “The calling of God is for ALL men to repent,

and therefore ALL men WILL repent.”

So far the evidence for such fulfilled presumption is slim

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 28 2009,19:34)
    Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “The calling of God is for ALL men to repent,

and therefore ALL men WILL repent.”

So far the evidence for such fulfilled presumption is slim

Nick, Jesus said that the world has not known God. Scripture says that God has blinded people so that they would not understand. Scripture says that Jesus died so that all could be resurrected. Why don't you put scriptures together and stop denying the truth. Why do you have to make God into a weak looser, and make man's sinful ways more powerful? Scripture says that God committed all to disobedience so that he would have mercy on all.

Do not boast against the branches, the purpose of their disobedience was for your mercy, and they will have mercy as well.

Jesus died for the ungodly do you not understand what that means?

God committed us all to disobedience so that He may have mercy on all, do you not understand what that means?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    All will be raised, but not all to glory, some unto shame.
    Not all branches remain and those cut off are fit for the fire.

His offer of mercy to all yet remains.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ncik……….You just simply do not get it do you.? How clear scripture shows that God will Have mercy on ALL. Just as Jodi plainly quoted Scripture and your Pride just won't let you accept them. Interesting!.

love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    True,
    Here is that undeserved mercy shown

Jn3
    16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Many do not now believe, but that doesn't mean the all ways will, as Scripture shows that even Israel will not remain in unbelief for ever.” For all of Israel shall be Saved”. you exclusiveness religious beliefs are plainly wrong and against scripture. God can when he choses open anyones eyes or close them as scripture shows,. You keep forgetting you are the clay GOD is the potter. You seem to think you are an assistence to the potter and telling Him how to form you. Pure hog wash.

love and peace to you and yours…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    All are not Israel.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………God is no respecter of persons if He did it for one He can do it for ALL. You need to quite dictating what GOD Will do to anyone Seeing your just a drop in the bucket of humanity. If God is not WILLING ANY PARISH and has the Power to Save wretches like you and me , Lets give the rest of Humanity at least that advantage OK.

Here is where it is said if God about what would happen if He withdrew His Spirit, Job 34:14-15…> If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his Spirit and his breath: all flesh shall perish together; and man shall turn again unto dust.

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 29 2009,13:40)
    God …….Is in everyone , haven't you read where it says, if he were to withdraw his spirit all flesh would die. and when a man dies His Spirit goes to Him who gave it. But then again you don't understand what a Spirit is right, so no wonder you see a need for a make believe false Gospel. you try to make fit you ideologies. How could He be omnipresent  if He wasn't everywhere and How can He know what we are thinking if He wasn't in our minds. Nick your beginning to surprise me on who little you really understand.

love and peace to you and your……………………….gene

No Gene:

God is not in every one. You must be born again in order for God to dwell within.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 30 2009,11:17)
    Nick………God is no respecter of persons if He did it for one He can do it for ALL. You need to quite dictating what GOD Will do to anyone Seeing your just a drop in  the bucket of humanity. If God is not WILLING ANY PARISH and has the Power to Save wretches like you and me , Lets give the rest of Humanity at least that advantage OK.

Here is where it is said if God about what would happen if He withdrew His Spirit,  Job 34:14-15…> If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his Spirit and his breath: all flesh shall perish together; and man shall turn again unto dust.

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

GB,
    So just mix in a little logic and you make new doctrine?
    Back to the foundation of the Word I suggest.
    The rest is foolish speculation

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……….God uphold (ALL) things by His Spirit If he were to retract all things would die. You as Well as Nic do not understand what (SPIRIT) yet. SPIRIT is (INTELLECT) if all intellect is gathered back to GOD all DIE. It's Just that simple. When a man dies His Spirit or intellect, returns back to GOD, who gave it in the first place .

peace and love to you and yours……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    We know you teach these things but scripture does not.
    It is not a hard choice for our free wills.
    You are out on your own

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Don't you think it time you mixed in a little logic, instead of speaking things you have no idea of what your saying, i think a little logic would help once in a will don't you. You need to add some understanding to what you are saying Nick. Or should we rename you the BLANK MAN.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Adding to the Word of God is anathema no matter how much men admire their own vain intellect and logic.

Surely you know the words of God are sacred?

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 29 2009,12:11)
    Ncik……….You just simply do not get it do you.? How clear scripture shows that God will Have mercy on ALL.

Gene,

I don't get it either. Where to you come up with all.

The word says –

Romans 9:13-21(KJV)
    As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
    What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

God does not speak of Himself as treating everyone the same.
    Gods wants all to be saved and offers salvation to all. It is conditioned on confession and belief:

Romans 10:9 (KJV)
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Another scripture speaks of two groups, believers and unbelievers:

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
    He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Gene, I don't see the all you speak of, either way -lost or saved.

Seeking

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 30 2009,11:39)
    942767……….God uphold (ALL) things by His Spirit If he were to retract all things would die. You as Well as Nic do not understand what (SPIRIT) yet. SPIRIT is (INTELLECT) if all intellect is gathered back to GOD all DIE. It's Just that simple. When a man dies His Spirit or intellect, returns back to GOD, who gave it in the first place .

peace and love to you and yours……………………………….gene

Hi Gene:

The “the life of the flesh is in the blood”.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account