The Son of man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 22 2009,02:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 20 2009,22:39)
    Hi Jodi,
    1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

ALL are not in Christ.
    All will not be when he returns.
    Thence all cannot be till the residue is removed.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

All people are resurrected because of Christ, those who God predestined and called before their physical death will be raised in honor with an immortal body. The rest will be raised with a mortal body and as the world will have been filled with the knowledge of God for the past 1,000, these mortals will for the first time be shown the truth and the way.

Hi Jodi,
    All are raised but only the first resurrection is spoken of in 1Cor 15 as the book is written to the body of Christ and that resurrection is the only one relevant to them. Other sheep are found by the mercy of God in the final judgement but they will never see the glorious millenial kingdom as that will have passed at the time of the END. The time after that judgement is not shown to be a time of education in scripture.

Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 21 2009,17:16)
    Let me clarify my understanding to you Marty.

Jesus Christ died so ALL could be resurrected. I am not saying in anyway that all people are resurrected into eternal life. The first resurrection is people raised immortal the second resurrection people are raised once again with a mortal body.

All people will be made alive, but not immortal.

Those of the first resurrection are those who God specifically called during this time, those that believed in Jesus and died in Jesus. These are the ONLY people that are 'resurrected' into eternal life.

The rest are resurrected into judgment, they are once again given a mortal body, this is why it is said that the adversary after the 1,000 years is released. The adversary will be released but this time instead of God allowing the adversary to carry on and rule, the adversary is going to be defeated. At the second resurrection when carnal nature is once again set free, YHWH is going to put a final end to it. Carnal nature will be cast into the fire to be refined and made righteous through the work of the Holy Spirit. Everyone will be filled with the knowledge of God, and the rest of mankind will repent and accept Jesus and receive their glorious change. After this, all enemies will be underfoot, the last enemy death will be destroyed because all sin from every man will have been removed. Jesus will then give over the kingdom to YHWH and He will come down and dwell with us, and be ALL in ALL.

God Bless, Jodi

Hi Jodi:

Thanks for explaining what you believe relative to this topic.

I believe that based on your statements we both agree that there will be two resurrections, and that the first resurrection is of those who will be raised to eternal life with a spiritual body.

You quote the following scripture:

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

This scripture describes those that will be made alive in the first resurrection.  Jesus has paid the judgment for all who have died in Adam, and so this scriptures states “even so in Christ shall all me made alive”.  This is speaking of those in Christ.

Verse 23 that follows adds clarity that the Apostle Paul is speaking of those who are part of the body of Christ.  He says:

1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

In the verses prior to Verse 22 the Apostle Paul says this:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.
    1Cr 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

Those who did not accept God's free gift of salvation and are not in the body of Christ are dead and yet in their sins.

Jhn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    Jhn 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You say of those who will be raised to judgment in the second resurrection, and, I agree, they will be raised to be judged the scriptures states that they will be judge according to their works, but you say:

Carnal nature will be cast into the fire to be refined and made righteous through the work of the Holy Spirit. Everyone will be filled with the knowledge of God

I disagree with this statement.  My understanding is that they will be destroyed after they are judged.  Their punishment will be according to their works.  The second death is the end of death and hell.  Every one who has been saved will have been tried and found faithful.  There will be no more rebellion in the kingdom of God.

Of those who are raised again in the second resurrection the scriptures states:

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

You say that they are refined in this fire, but this scripture states that: “fire came down from heaven and devoured them”.

And,

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The scripture states that they were “cast into the lake of fire”.  This hardly states that they are refined in this fire and saved.

Of those who are alive who have received the Mark of
    the Beast when Jesus comes for the church, the scripture states:

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

This scripture states that they are not written in the lamb's book of life.

As I have stated, you did a good job on your study about Satan, but on this, I just don't think that you can support your understanding with scripture.  You are adding much to what has been stated by the scriptures.

There is a refining fire and that is the “World and its system” through which we who are Christians must go through learning to apply the “Word of God” in our daily lives.  It is through all our trials that our spirit is formed by God and we become like our Lord Jesus.  

My desire is God's very best for you and your family.

Jodi
    Participant

Romans 5:3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

God according to His plan pours out the Holy Spirit, this seems to come when suffering has shaped a person’s character making it fitting for the gift of the Holy Spirit, to DO the WILL of YHWH which is to bring ALL men into repentance.

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Christ died for the UNGODLY. Men are POWERLESS, why is that? Because all men were born weak under Adam’s punishment, being given over to the power of death that draws the flesh into sin. As Adam brought all men into corruption, Christ brings ALL ungodly men into righteousness. The Spirit brings life, the Spirit changes the ungodly.

7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10 For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

What does Jesus’ life represent? To have faith in Jesus is to have faith in what?

Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Eph 2:15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

Eph 2:16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.

The enmity was destroyed in Jesus making one new man from the two. The New man is the resurrected Jesus that has immortality. The first man, being Adam, represents the spirit of man following after his carnal nature, and the second man, Jesus, represents the work of the Holy Spirit in man, leading him away from his carnal nature and drawing him to serve the ways of God. One new man came from these two. Thus accepting Jesus means that you acknowledge that God reconciled the world through the work of His Spirit in man, proving that man’s spirit can follow God instead of carnal nature.

Every thing connects, if you can’t understand one thing then the rest won’t make sense either. Marty you think that salvation comes down to an individual choice, but you fail to see where a person DRAWS that choice from, it comes from within their mind, and God controls what goes in and out of that mind. As God gave us a carnal mind and allowed ourselves to create evil through it for a period of time, God will give us His Spirit of which destroys the carnal mind, and thus will also destroy the evil made from it. Jesus is our savior, our mediator, our example, our brother, because he represents the WORK that God’s Spirit does IN man, he is the proof that our nature is in need of God’s working Spirit. We don’t choose that Spirit, God chooses when it should be given.

Acts 17:28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Brethren PLEASE pay close attention to what was just said. Divine nature is not shaped or devised BY MAN, therefore it is NOT something that WE CHOOSE. Divine nature comes from God and IN this divine nature it IS COMMANDED that all men everywhere repent. Man does NOT bring himself into repentance, God Himself through His Spirit brings man into repentance.

When God commands all men everywhere to repent, it seems many of you forget what was just said prior, thinking that God was commanding men according to their own devices to bring themselves into repentance. No, that is in major error according to the scriptures. God is commanding His Spirit to go out into everyman so that they will be drawn to repentance. In due time this will happen, for we know it is God’s desire that all men be saved.

The Holy Spirit is more influential then any form of evil. The Holy Spirit demolishes the evil influences of man’s carnal nature. Brethren we should know and believe that the influencing power of the Holy Spirit unto man is greater then any other influence that exists. The Holy Spirit is the ultimate leader, to the point that not one single person, when it is their called time, will deny it.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,* who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

We must remind ourselves that the Spirit works in us to cause change. The Spirit chooses us, we don’t choose the Spirit. The Spirit causes the change in us through time by working with our spirit.

Someone who does not have the Spirit is not in Christ, because they have not yet been given the workings of the Spirit. We were all ignorant at one time to and we should have patients with people, I know that I often don’t and that is something I need to work on, because the problem is that they have yet to begin being worked over by the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

The new man was created according to God. Believing in Jesus i
    s our PROOF that God can do His will. IMO believing in Jesus according to what is written in the bible is the same as believing in Universal Salvation. The two go hand in hand. God wants us to know that it is through Him ALONE that causes our change.

Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! 34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?” 35 “Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?” 36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

It is God's plan that all things will be of Him through Him, for as He was in Jesus, the firstborn of the dead having supremacy in ALL things, He will be in ALL men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Yes he will be in all.

All who remain that is.

But everyone first must claim their place in Jesus through repentance and rebirth.
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and everything will be added to you.

Participant

Hi Jodi:

From your post:

Romans 5:3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

You say:

God according to His plan pours out the Holy Spirit, this seems to come when suffering has shaped a person’s character making it fitting for the gift of the Holy Spirit, to DO the WILL of YHWH which is to bring ALL men into

Are you saying that we have to go through this suffering before we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 28 2009,16:10)
    Hi Jodi,
    Yes he will be in all.

All who remain that is.

But everyone first must claim their place in Jesus through repentance and rebirth.

What draws men to seek the Kingdom in the first place Nick, it is the Spirit of God working in man.

Acts 17:28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

HOW was Jesus made righteous? Through himself, through his own devices? No, he was made righteous through God.

We will all be made righteous in God through God, so there will be no more idolaters, murderers, liars, etc…. because God's Spirit will be ALL in ALL, making man's sinful ways burnt away in the Lake of fire.

Participant

Hi Jodi:

The scripture that you quoted from the Acts of the Apostles states:

30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 29 2009,11:38)

Hi Jodi,
    Yes he will be in all.

All who remain that is.

What draws men to seek the Kingdom in the first place Nick, it is the Spirit of God working in man.

HOW was Jesus made righteous? Through himself, through his own devices? No, he was made righteous through God.

We will all be made righteous in God through God, so there will be no more idolaters, murderers, liars, etc…. because God's Spirit will be ALL in ALL, making man's sinful ways burnt away in the Lake of fire.

Hi Jodi,
    You mean like MAGIC?
    No need for repentance and rebirth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Yes the goats will be in the fire and God will be in all.

But not all who have ever lived of course because some of them were the goats.

God is fair and all are warned.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 28 2009,17:39)
    Hi Jodi,
    Yes the goats will be in the fire and God will be all.
    But not all who have ever lived of course because some of them were goats.

Nick could you please give me a scripture, what scripture are you referring to?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 28 2009,17:38)

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 29 2009,11:38)

Hi Jodi,
    Yes he will be in all.

All who remain that is.

Hi Jodi,
    You mean like MAGIC?
    No need for repentance and rebirth?

Are you saying that the Holy Spirit is magic? ???

To our carnal minds it would seem to be as such, but the Holy Spirit is life and truth, of course NOT magic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Have you not read Mt25?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This thread is about the Son of Adam [man] Jesus Christ.

He died that all might live.

No magic formula though just simple obedience to the demand to repent and be reborn into God's beloved.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……..Amen Sis………..”For he that works in you is greater then He that is in the world.” God's Christos or Spirit is what will save all men ultimately. It, is the hope of our Glory, as it says Christ (the anointing) the hope of glory and Jesus is the example of that glory reserved for us.

Peace and love to you and yours, kiss the little one for me,……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    .”For he that works in you is greater then He that is in the world.”

Indeed.
    But God is not in all

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……………No magic here just solid truth , try it you might like it, It is God who is the savior of all men, not maybe savior if you repent by yourself savior. You lack of understanding of what scripture says in obvious, you need to really think about what you are saying. We DO NOT REPENT ON OUR OWN, NO ONE DOES, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO. It requires GOD to ACT on Us for that to happen. Think about what Jodi wrote She has put it forth right.

love and peace to you and yours…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Do men not need to hear the gospel either but just await this new magic?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 29 2009,13:13)
    GB,
    .”For he that works in you is greater then He that is in the world.”

Indeed.
    But God is not in all

Nick…….God is (IN) you and YOU are in the world , you mean you don't even understand that either?

love and peace……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So you think God is in everybody?
    No wonder you see no need for the gospel.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

God …….Is in everyone , haven't you read where it says, if he were to withdraw his spirit all flesh would die. and when a man dies His Spirit goes to Him who gave it. But then again you don't understand what a Spirit is right, so no wonder you see a need for a make believe false Gospel. you try to make fit you ideologies. How could He be omnipresent if He wasn't everywhere and How can He know what we are thinking if He wasn't in our minds. Nick your beginning to surprise me on who little you really understand.

love and peace to you and your……………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account