The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 27 2007,20:57)
    The answer is he isn't.
    If God has a son, then Trinity theology is saying that the Trinity has a son. We now have 4.
    No matter how you look at it, if God is a Trinity and the Trinity has a son, then you have 4 not 3.

But if the Father is God, then you have one God, which is the most important commandment according to Jesus himself.

Welcome back Nick.

t8 You do not belief that Jesus is the Son of God? I belief that God is a title, there are many God's, but only one Almighty God our Heavenly Father. Even Satan is considered the God of this world.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Im4,
    Jesus is not the son of a title.
    He is the Son of the One the Jews called God[jn 8.54]
    He wants those reborn into him to also call that God 'Father'.

TimothyVI
    Participant

NICK,

It is great to see the top of your hat again.:D

Tim

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 28 2007,05:05)
    Hi Im4,
    Jesus is not the son of a title.
    He is the Son of the One the Jews called God[jn 8.54]
    He wants those reborn into him to also call that God 'Father'.

Nick I think you misunderstand what I meant when I said that God is a title. Tell me is Satan not called the God of this world? Jesus is not the Almighty God,but never the less His name is Jesus Christ and God. John 1;1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word became flesh.
    Hebrew 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessnesss;
    THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS MORE THEN YOUR COMPANIONS.
    I know that there are probalble other scriptures but these two come to mind.

Peace abd Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Timothy If you want to put this down:D  :D :D :D  Leave a space then the little citters come up. I don't know if you knew that, somebody had to tell me that too.:D

Peace and Love Mrs. :D

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 28 2007,09:48)
    Timothy If you want to put this down:D  :D :D :D  Leave a space then the little citters come up. I don't know if you knew that, somebody had to tell me that too.:D

Peace and Love Mrs. :D

I Did.:D

:D :D :D

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Mrs,

If someone told me, I forgot.
    They say that the memory is one of the first two things to go.
    I can't remember what the second is. :D

Tim

Proclaimer
    Participant

Memory is the second isn't it?

Quote (TimothyVI @ Nov. 29 2007,00:16)
    Hi Mrs,

If someone told me, I forgot.
    They say that the memory is one of the first two things to go.
    I can't remember what the second is. :D

Tim

Tim

I think I was the one who told mrs? ???

Or maybe it was you? ???

:D

IM4Truth
    Participant

You Guy's are funny, Ha ha

Peace and Love Mrs. :O :( :cool: :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It continues to surprise me that some cannot accept that
    Jesus is the Son of God
    rather preferring to say he is God.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick You again misunderstand I do not call Jesus God, no always call Him by his name which is Jesus and He is the Son of God. When I pray I pray in the name of Jesus. But that does not change the fact that even the Heavenly Father called Jesus God. That is what this is about, is it not?

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 27 2007,21:05)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 27 2007,20:57)
    The answer is he isn't.
    If God has a son, then Trinity theology is saying that the Trinity has a son. We now have 4.
    No matter how you look at it, if God is a Trinity and the Trinity has a son, then you have 4 not 3.

But if the Father is God, then you have one God, which is the most important commandment according to Jesus himself.

Welcome back Nick.

t8 You do not belief that Jesus is the Son of God? I belief that God is a title, there are many God's, but only one Almighty God our Heavenly Father. Even Satan is considered the God of this world.

Peace and Love Mrs.

I concur.

:)
    =

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The gnostic faith based on trinity believes the Son of God is not really a son but is God.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Exactly Nick;

That's what I kept telling WJ. He did not believe that Christ was the Son of God prior, but the Word which is God. So he actually doesn't believe that Christ pre-existed, but believes he does. The seed is the Word of God. Luke 8:11. God's procreative power by which all who are born of God are begotten.

Not3in1
    Participant

Reviewing this thread – some good stuff in here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christ can be looked at from two perspectives, not just according to the flesh.

Rom1
    1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Rom8
    1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

The Son was sent

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2008,08:51)
    3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

The Son was sent

Indeed the first Adam failed. He was a pattern of the one to come. The one to be born of a women, under law.

Looking at your view though, it is interesting that this passage could say that because Adam failed, perhaps God sent his Son (according to your theory) because God's son would be God-like in heaven if he was begotten there. In order to come to earth he did have to don flesh and be in the “likeness” of man.

Hmmmm

I do believe a light has just come on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    He was an ordinary man
    made extraordinary by his anointing.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2008,09:23)
    Hi not3,
    He was an ordinary man
    made extraordinary by his anointing.

Anointing: divine intervention.

Hmmm, again……

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account