The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (lamontre @ June 11 2007,09:16)
    Kind of obvious really.

LM, you crack me up. Stick around…..nothing is “obvious.”

Not even that God is One.

Not even that we should love one another.

Stick around, brother and see.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    God is one.
    It is just not obvious to those who are lost in manmade mists of delusion.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,09:36)
    Hi Not3,
    Outer man is of the dust.
    Outer man is cursed to death.
    Christ is inner and outer man as we are.
    His outer man died, though did not rot, and the spirit left and returned to God but His soul was kept alive in the faithful given Spirit of God unto eternity.

Don't quote me now….but I think I agree with this! Ha!

If Jesus is not a COMBINATION of Father and Mother – what is he?

Combine = join together

Imho, in order for Jesus to be preexistent as the Logos (Word/God), then he was not truly conceived. He is both this preexistent person and human of-sorts. They live side by side but do not mix – not true conception and nonesense.

In order for Jesus to be a preexistent spirit son, then he was not truly conceived because a spirit son is already alive. In order for conception to even be close to true in this situation, the spirit son would have to join with Mary's egg and CHANGE INTO another person due to the joining of Mary's contribution to the conception, again nonesense.

Now, (Nick) if you are willing to say that the spirit son CHANGED in some way after he was conceived in Mary; that is, into a different being altogether – that might possibly start to make sense to me? I don't know…

lamontre
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 11 2007,10:33)

Kind of obvious really.

LM, you crack me up. Stick around…..nothing is “obvious.”

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
    2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

:(

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,10:35)
    mists of delusion.

You are a poet at heart, aren't you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 11 2007,10:42)

Hi Not3,
    His outer man died, though did not rot, and the spirit left and returned to God but His soul was kept alive in the faithful given Spirit of God unto eternity.

Don't quote me now….but I think I agree with this!  Ha!

Combine = join together

Imho, in order for Jesus to be preexistent as the Logos (Word/God), then he was not truly conceived.  He is both this preexistent person and human of-sorts.  They live side by side but do not mix – not true conception and nonesense.

In order for Jesus to be a preexistent spirit son, then he was not truly conceived because a spirit son is already alive.  In order for conception to even be close to true in this situation, the spirit son would have to join with Mary's egg and CHANGE INTO another person due to the joining of Mary's contribution to the conception, again nonesense.

Now, (Nick) if you are willing to say that the spirit son CHANGED in some way after he was conceived in Mary; that is, into a different being altogether – that might possibly start to make sense to me?  I don't know…

Hi not3,
    You definition of conception may differ from that allowed by God?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (lamontre @ June 11 2007,10:42)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 11 2007,10:33)

Kind of obvious really.

LM, you crack me up.  Stick around…..nothing is “obvious.”

2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
    2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

:(

LM,
    Not to be to discouraging but these scriptures are pointed at people often. Like I said – stick around. I like having you here and I'm sure that you will enjoy your Trinitarian brothers (WJ, Tim2, Isaiah and others). They are all great contenders for the faith.

We all think that the other one is serving “another Jesus” and has bought “another gospel.” :)

We learn from one another. I've learned a great deal from most everyone here. I'm sure I will learn from you, too. Glad you're here.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,10:46)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 11 2007,10:42)

Hi Not3,

Don't quote me now….but I think I agree with this!  Ha!

Combine = join together

Imho, in order for Jesus to be preexistent as the Logos (Word/God), then he was not truly conceived.  He is both this preexistent person and human of-sorts.  They live side by side but do not mix – not true conception and nonesense.

In order for Jesus to be a preexistent spirit son, then he was not truly conceived because a spirit son is already alive.  In order for conception to even be close to true in this situation, the spirit son would have to join with Mary's egg and CHANGE INTO another person due to the joining of Mary's contribution to the conception, again nonesense.

Now, (Nick) if you are willing to say that the spirit son CHANGED in some way after he was conceived in Mary; that is, into a different being altogether – that might possibly start to make sense to me?  I don't know…

Hi not3,
    You definition of conception may differ from that allowed by God?

You'll have to explain that one to me, Nick. God gives us examples so that we can make sense of our world. He gives us language so that we can understand one another and learn what is good and true. If these things start to play tricks on us…..what is our guide? The Spirit? Yes, the Spirit – but we must also not abandoned the basics and what they mean.

If there is another definition of conception in the Bible, I would love to consider it.

lamontre
    Participant

Your missing something. Jesus humanity was not of the seed of Adam. It was of the seed of a woman. The fallen seed of Adam was not his.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

That is the point of the virgin birth. Otherwise any man born could have been the Messiah, as many looked forward to their son doing. But this was not possible, because no som of Adam could ever have kept the law.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 11 2007,10:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,10:35)
    mists of delusion.

You are a poet at heart, aren't you?

Hi not3,
    Scripture is full of poetry about this and many things. There is a right path, there is a lamp and there is a morning star that rises in our heart. There are other less safe paths that we can be drawn to that we can follow the blind on that finish in the pit, or that lead to the arms of a whore rather than our given lover. We must walk while the light is with us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (lamontre @ June 11 2007,10:50)

Your missing something. Jesus humanity was not of the seed of Adam. It was of the seed of a woman. The fallen seed of Adam was not his.

Gal 4:4  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Gal 4:5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Phi 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

That is the point of the virgin birth. Otherwise any man born could have been the Messiah, as many looked forward to their son doing. But this was not possible, because no som of Adam could ever have kept the law.

Hi LAM,
    Christ fully tasted of our fleshly sinful inheritance but did not sin, rather he overcame that we might be overcomers too.
    Jb 25
    ” 4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?”

lamontre
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,10:59)

Quote (lamontre @ June 11 2007,10:50)

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Hi LAM,
    Christ fully tasted of our fleshly sinful inheritance but did not sin, rather he overcame that we might be overcomers too.
    Jb 25
    ” 4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?”

You are saying Jesus was no more than a worm??

Ok, to each his own I spose……just don't stand too close to me when ya say that, I don't wanna be struck by the lightning with ya.

:laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LAM,
    This the humble path chosen by the glorious monogenes son when he partook of flesh that we might live.
    If he did not completely inherit and overcome our fallen state then what hope to we have?
    Do you reject this verse or can you grasp it as part of the whole wisdom of God too?

lamontre
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,11:26)
    Hi LAM,
    This the humble path chosen by the glorious monogenes son when he partook of flesh that we might live.
    If he did not completely inherit and overcome our fallen state then what hope to we have?
    Do you reject this verse or can you grasp it as part of the whole wisdom of God too?

I reject only your interpretation.

As for our hope….

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
    Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

You need to realize that without Jesus perfect life, you would have no life at all. It is His perfect righteousness that is imputed to you as a propitiation.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
    Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Phi 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LAM,
    You said
    “I reject only your interpretation.”

I quoted the verse but you assumed the interpretation.

The Son is the God given source of Life for men and that Spirit Life is found in Him.
    He submitted fully and was given all grace to be an overcomer.
    That grace is yet available to all in him.

You and I and Christ are sons of men and it applies to all sons of men.

lamontre
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,15:09)
    Hi LAM,
    You said
    “I reject only your interpretation.”

I quoted the verse but you assumed the interpretation.

The Son is the God given source of Life for men and that Spirit Life is found in Him.
    He submitted fully and was given all grace to be an overcomer.
    That grace is yet available to all in him.

You and I and Christ are sons of men and it applies to all sons of men.

I am a son of God, and a new creature in Christ.

The verse you quoted is taken out of context, and has to be understood within the context of the whole of scriptural revelation.

Jesus was a man, but was tempted only by Satan himself. His temptations were far different from any you or I might have to endure.

Or would turning stones into bread be a temptation to you??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LAM,
    Really?
    Heb2
    “17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.”

Rom 8
    ” 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:”

No headstart.
    Not a superman.
    Not born of a superwoman.

He partook of our sin affected estate and overcame.

1 John 5:4
    For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Not3in1
    Participant

Why is it such a temptation to take Christ out of the realm of US and our nature? Why does he have to be so apart from us. Some make him God. Some make him 1/2 and 1/2 of two natures. Some make him a preexistent person who has lived before.

Why can't he just be the Son of the living God? The Messiah who was foretold to come?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Because your son of God is not a glorious monogenes Son of God
    but only a son of the union of man and God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2007,16:56)
    Hi not3,
    Because your son of God is not a glorious monogenes Son of God
    but only a son of the union of man and God.

Oh, he's glorious alright. But not until he is born! :)

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account