The Shepherd of Hermas

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

Thanks Abe. I'm thinking and reading.

2besee
    Participant

I made a big mistake when I copied 'The Shepherd' on page one – I (accidentally) missed most out the last chapters. So I will post them here. Actually I may make a duplicate thread with the correct chapters, and ask a moderator to delete this one.

2besee
    Participant

Notice: I have since edited the first posts in this thread, because I made an error in copying the Shepherd and missed out large chunks accidentally (mainly toward the end – the 9th similitude – now corrected.) My apologies.

2besee
    Participant

Hi Abe.

Please tell me what you think, in your words.
    I read the verses and the parables.

Do you believe that the book of Revelation has been fulfilled? Where do you think that we are up to in it?

abe
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 19 2013,00:00)
    I made a big mistake when I copied 'The Shepherd' on page one – I (accidentally) missed most out the last chapters. So I will post them here. Actually I may make a duplicate thread with the correct chapters, and ask a moderator to delete this one.

Hi 2b,

Where can I read the REST.

Peace brother.

abe
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 29 2013,00:31)
    Hi Abe.

Do you believe that the book of Revelation has been fulfilled? Where do you think that we are up to in it?

Hi 2b,

29 Behold he will remove the heavens, and the mountains, the hills, and the seas; and all things shall be made plain for his elect; that he may render unto them the . promise which he has promised, with much honour and joy; if so be that they shall keep the commandments of God, which they have received with great faith.

Peace brother.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 19 2013,15:22)
    Notice: I have since edited the first posts in this thread, because I made an error in copying the Shepherd and missed out large chunks accidentally (mainly toward the end – the 9th similitude – now corrected.) My apologies.

2beesee,

Be careful about copying so much as you might violate copyright laws and put heaven.net.nz in violation as well. A link is saver unless it regards a particular point you desire to make.

abe
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 29 2013,10:32)

Hi Abe.

Hi 2b,

29    Behold      he will remove the heavens, and the mountains, the hills, and the seas; and all things shall be made plain for his      elect;     that he may render unto them the .        promise        which he has promised, with much honour and joy; if so be that they shall keep the commandments of God, which they have received with great faith.

Peace brother.

Hi 2b,

133 But if any thing be to be revealed, it shall be made manifest unto you.

But if any thing be 2b revealed.

Peace brother..

2besee
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 30 2013,08:06)

2beesee,

Be careful about copying so much as you might violate copyright laws and put heaven.net.nz in violation as well.  A link is saver unless it regards a particular point you desire to make.

Hi Kerwin.
    Hermas is in public domain (free for anyone to copy). I do know about copyrights. I took my translation off  Early Christian Writings but added my own numbers for reference, which is fine. It is the Roberts-Donaldson English Translation.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 30 2013,06:21)

Hi 2b,

Where can I read the  REST.

Peace brother.

Hi Abe,

On the first page. I had it all done fine except for the last post or two, I missed out most of the Ninth Similitude
    THE GREAT MYSTERIES IN THE BUILDING OF THE MILITANT AND TRIUMPHANT CHURCH but then I edited it in. So it is now complete. You can find it on the net too if you Google it.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 30 2013,07:32)

Hi Abe.

Hi 2b,

29    Behold      he will remove the heavens, and the mountains, the hills, and the seas; and all things shall be made plain for his      elect;     that he may render unto them the .        promise        which he has promised, with much honour and joy; if so be that they shall keep the commandments of God, which they have received with great faith.

Peace brother.

So mystical Abe :D

I'm thinking about that thanks, and your other verse.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 30 2013,08:38)

Quote (abe @ Mar. 29 2013,10:32)

Hi Abe.

Hi 2b,

Peace brother.

Hi 2b,

133 But if any thing be to be revealed, it shall be made manifest unto you.

But if any thing be   2b     revealed.

Peace brother..

Oh I see that one!

abe
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 29 2013,13:58)

Quote (abe @ Mar. 30 2013,06:21)

Hi 2b,

Where can I read the  REST.

Peace brother.

Hi Abe,

On the first page. I had it all done fine except for the last post or two, I missed out most of the Ninth Similitude
    THE GREAT MYSTERIES IN THE BUILDING OF THE MILITANT AND TRIUMPHANT CHURCH but then I edited it in. So it is now complete. You can find it on the net too if you Google it.

Hi 2b,

Thank you.

Peace brother.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 30 2013,03:52)

2beesee,

Be careful about copying so much as you might violate copyright laws and put heaven.net.nz in violation as well.  A link is saver unless it regards a particular point you desire to make.

Hi Kerwin.
    Hermas is in public domain (free for anyone to copy). I do know about copyrights. I took my translation off  Early Christian Writings but added my own numbers for reference, which is fine. It is the Roberts-Donaldson English Translation.

2beesee,

Be careful to make sure the Roberts-Donaldson English Translation is public domain.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 30 2013,14:41)

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 30 2013,03:52)

2beesee,

Hi Kerwin.

2beesee,

Be careful to make sure the Roberts-Donaldson English Translation is public domain.

Kerwin yes it is.

Quote: 'Scottish classical scholar and translator. In the late 19th and early 20th century, he worked with Alexander Roberts to translate many Greek and Latin texts into English, known as the Roberts-Donaldson translations.

Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.

The author died in 1915, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.'

From Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Roberts-Donaldson
    http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Shepherd_of_Hermas

kerwin
    Participant

2besee,

Thank you.

2besee
    Participant

Kerwin,

It always pays to check. Also there is plagiarism (Passing off another persons writing as if it were your own, even if you have changed parts of it, not giving credit to the original author, or providing a link (if possible)).

Another thing is altering another persons writing and quoting it as a quote (altered). There si much more ot that too.

The Internet laws have changed.

2besee
    Participant

Abe, I'm still thinking..

abe
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 30 2013,00:19)
    Abe, I'm still thinking..

Hi 2b,

Peace brother.

2besee
    Participant

Thanks Abe. Honest, I was thinking about this all day.

Now I'm reading Revelations (something else) so something might come to me, some connection.
    Come and join us in the discussion maybe.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account