The Second Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2009,07:33)
    Georg,
    1Cor 15
    51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

So far the twinkling of an eye has taken 109 years in your view?

Since you feel you missed out on the first resurrection is your hope now only in WORKS with the risk of the second death if found inadequate-as in Mt 25?

Nick, your'n idiot!

Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 05 2009,10:25)

Georg,
    1Cor 15
    51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Since you feel you missed out on the first resurrection is your hope now only in WORKS with the risk of the second death if found inadequate-as in Mt 25?

Nick, your'n idiot!

Hi Georg:

Just thought I would call your attention to the following scriptures:

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    If the first resurrection happened in 1900 and the door closed then, anyone born since then could not be saved through faith in Jesus.

It seems your dates are misconstrued.

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

You say: “That covenant had nothing to do with the covenant God made with Abraham.”

I’m afraid that you are mistaken. If you look at what God said to Abraham, you can see the implications that include Abraham’s descendents:

Genesis 17:7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.”

The Mosaic Law was added detail, but still applied to the covenant between Abraham and God. This in now way rendered the Scriptures that you quoted as obsolete. What you fail to understand is that the “new Jerusalem” is not made up of natural Israelites only; since Peter received the vision that now included the Gentiles (Acts 10:34-35), “in every nation the man the fears Him (God) and does what is right, is welcome to Him,” not just Israelites.

As previously referenced, Paul made that point very clear:

Galatians 3:28 (New American Standard Bible)
    “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

The “new Jerusalem” consists of men from all nations. Your persistence in refusing that point is somewhat bewildering to me. If I take your insistence that the Bride of Christ consists entirely of natural Jews, then you are calling the Apostles Peter and Paul liars, which I would have to disagree with without a moment of hesitation.

Also, I well know that “other woman” has nothing to do with sex. And if you wish to get technical, “church” is not what the original Jews or Christian groups were called; it was congregation, not church. Other than that, you are correct in your assessment.

You rightly said: “The Israelites were the only people that knew the true God, YHWH.”

Romans 3:1-2 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.”

However, that did not guarantee their compliance with the laws of God or their obedience to His covenant. See what the Apostle Paul stated:

Romans 3:9-17 (New American Standard Bible)
    “What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; as it is written,
    ‘THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE. HEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE,
    WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING, THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS; WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS; THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD, DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS, AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN.”

For the above reasons, the natural Jews lost out on being the sole possessors as God’s earthly representatives and the way was opened to include also the Gentiles. (Revelation 14:1-4)

God bless!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2009,12:00)
    Georg,
    If the first resurrection happened in 1900 and the door closed then, anyone born since then could not be saved through faith in Jesus.

Nick-odemus

Do you read my posts backwards?
    Show me where I said the door was closed in 1900.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 04 2009,01:57)
    Samual

The following scriptures speak of natural Israel, and no one else.

Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
    Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
    Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.
    Eze 36:17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
    Eze 36:18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
    Eze 36:19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
    Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
    Eze 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
    Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
    Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Frankly, I don't see how you can argue with that.

Georg

Samual

You still haven't told me what all these scriptures mean.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 05 2009,11:35)

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 05 2009,10:25)

Georg,
    1Cor 15

Nick, your'n idiot!

Hi Georg:

Just thought I would call your attention to the following scriptures:

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

I didn't call Nick a fool, I called him an idiot, and I don't want to kill him, I just want to hit him with a frozen coconut.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 06 2009,02:23)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2009,12:00)
    Georg,

Nick-odemus

Do you read my posts backwards?
    Show me where I said the door was closed in 1900.

Georg

Hi Georg,
    You said in the Jesus has returned thread on 3 March
    “Nick

You are right in one thing, God has been assembling his church, the bride of Christ, but this is not going on indefinitely. As I said, at one point the door will be shut, and I believe it has been shut. There are no scriptures that tell us when, but do to the fact that we are less then 10 years away from the end of that generation Jesus said would not pass til all things be fulfilled, I believe it has been shut.”

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

That's exactly right, I said I “believe” the door has been shut, and the reason why.
    I did not say the door “is” shut.
    But were did I say that?

“anyone born since then could not be saved through faith in Jesus.”

You have to be a Democrat.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    So when do you think the door to your salvation in Jesus was shut?

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

What gives you the idea that every body that says, “Jesus is Lord”, will be in the first resurrection, and experience a change of nature. Where do you read that.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    You must endeavour to enter the[1000yr] rest of God.[Heb4]
    The door has yet to close.

Calling Jesus “Lord, Lord ” has never been a secure proof of salvation.
    Servants have Lords that they obey.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

The door that closes is the one to the wedding feast, there is no door to the 1000 years. The millennium is for every one that is still in their graves after the first resurrection.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    Will you never have had a chance to enter that door?

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    The Body is divided so that some go to the wedding feast to be with Jesus
    and the rest must abide[the twinkling of an eye] till they return??

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2009,12:35)
    Georg,
    Will you never have had a chance to enter that door?

Nick

I used to think like you do, every body becomes a spirit being, and we all fly around like superman. In the course of my studies I began to understand that I would not be in the first resurrection, for reasons I have already mentioned. I felt disappointed at first, but understanding what the saints had to go through, had to endure, I thanked God that my faith was not tested to that extend.
    Try to understand what these two scriptures are saying.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
    Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

These are the saints that suffered under the Romans and under Antichrist.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2009,12:36)
    Georg,
    The Body is divided so that some go to the wedding feast to be with Jesus
    and the rest must abide[the twinkling of an eye] till they return??

Nick

Where do you read, the body is divided?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    If some went to the wedding feast and some were excluded either those who did not go were not in Christ or the body was divided.

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    It would be a sad thing to miss this opportunity would it not?

Matthew 8:11
    “I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

Your Scriptural references from Jeremiah and Ezekiel took place prior and during the Babylon era, when unrepentant Jerusalem refused to heed the warnings from these prophets and were deported to Babylon after their beloved city was taken. (circa 607 BC)

The passages you quoted showed that God would recover them from their captivity in the future. Quite obviously, then, not all were recovered. Many of the Israelites died by Babylonian swords during that time and were never repatriated to their homeland. Only a remnant survived to return to their land. (circa 537) That return ended the 70 years of desolation foretold where Jerusalem would be uninhabited until God brought them back… a remnant… in fulfillment of the Scriptures you referenced.

All this, however, does not alter my last post to you. It isn’t me that argues with your take on Scriptures; no! But the Bible does. You fail to see the spiritual side of things… how God views the New Jerusalem and those that will make up its citizens. Israel now consists of Jew and Gentile in fulfillment of prophecy, as the Scriptures I made reference to explain.

I hope this information can help you see the difference between Natural Jew and Spiritual Jew… sons of Abraham by faith, not by blood.

God bless!

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account