THE SABBATH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

IN WHAT WAYS IS THE SABBATH SUPPOSE TO BE OBSERVED AND/OR LIVED?

Participant

Quote (SERVANT OF THE MOST HIGH @ Feb. 28 2009,01:53)

Hi Servant of the Most High:

Jesus indicated that the Sabbath was made for man and not man of the Sabbath, and therefore, my understanding it is a principle meant for teaching us that we should rest one day in the week and for fellowshipping with fellow believers.

I do not believe that we should be bound by the day saying I can't do this or I can't do that etc.

Our body is the Holy Temple of God and we should take care of God's temple. Rest for the body and fellowship with fellow believers is important.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Lightenup
    Participant

Marty,
    Good answer!
    LU

david
    Participant

Heb 8:6-9
    Jer 31:31-33

“The sons of Israel must keep the sabbath, so as to carry out the sabbath during their generations.”

“It was not with our forefathers that Jehovah concluded this covenant [including the sabbath], but with us, all those of us alive here today.”—Deut. 5:3.

“I am Jehovah your God, who have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slaves. . . . Remembering the sabbath day to hold it sacred, you are to render service and you must do all your work six days. But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work.” (Ex. 20:2, 8-10)

Note the way that the 4th Commandment reads at Deuteronomy 5:12-15: “Keeping the sabbath day to hold it sacred, . . . you must remember that you became a slave in the land of Egypt and Jehovah your God proceeded to bring you out from there with a strong hand and an outstretched arm. THAT IS WHY Jehovah your God commanded you to carry on the sabbath day.”

EXODUS 31:13
    “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘Especially my sabbaths you are to keep, for it is a sign between me and you during your generations that you may know that I Jehovah am sanctifying you.’”

At Romans 6:14, it is written to Christians: “You are not under law.”

kejonn
    Participant

The bible is actually pretty cool. You can basically support any lifestyle and/or choice depending on how you interpret it AND call yourself a Christian to boot! Er, that is if you also say you believe in Jesus and Jehovah…

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 24 2009,15:36)
    The bible is actually pretty cool. You can basically support any lifestyle and/or choice depending on how you interpret it AND call yourself a Christian to boot! Er, that is if you also say you believe in Jesus and Jehovah…

…like all the atheist Anglican vicars in England, it is ocassionally important to tell that little white lie too.

Stuart

savannah1207
    Participant

The Sabbath is/was celebrated,if we would say,on a Saturday.It was/is a day of rest and a day to worship the Lord.In Judaism it is believed that you should not work or heal or eat on the Sabbath,for it is a day of rest and is given by the Lord.The Sabbath is basically our Sunday of worship.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome S12,.
    Are you a Jew ?
    If not why would you apply their law to yourself?

Stu
    Participant

Because of Timothy?

Stuart

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 24 2009,15:36)

And what conclusion would YOU reach that is different from
    David's post?

Which scripture do YOU think does not apply, that David applied?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account