The Real King Messiah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:05)
    This doesn't sound like Jesus to me – it sounds like God.  It sounds like the coming and ruling of our Almighty!  But then again, we have to take into consideration that you are a Triune God believer and I am not.  Well, I'll keep looking and thanks!

It's Yeshua, according to the NT the Father will not reign as King from Mt Zion, Yeshua will. You probably got thrown by Him being called YHWH. AT's are not used to seeing that.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

“AT's”?

When you have time, let's talk about this chapter. I read it through and it refers to “the LORD Almighty” who, in opinion, is not Jesus but our Father alone (who is God).

Oh, I just realized that AT's means “anti-Trinitarians” – I'm so smart! :;):

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:11)
    When you have time, let's talk about this chapter.

Actually I'm doing an exposition in the next debate post. Maybe we can go into it after I post that.

I read it through and it refers to “the LORD Almighty” who, in opinion, is not Jesus but our Father alone (who is God).

That's a presupposition Mandy. Naughty, naughty….

Oh, I just realized that AT's means “anti-Trinitarians” – I'm so smart!  :;):

Modest too!

Good night.

Not3in1
    Participant

:laugh:

Good to chat with you! Look forward to hearing more.

Goodnight, bro.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:16)
    I read it through and it refers to “the LORD Almighty” who, in opinion, is not Jesus but our Father alone (who is God).

That's a presupposition Mandy. Naughty, naughty….

You're so funny.

Sure, I'll take a listen to what you have to say Paul. I'll look forward to discussing this further.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If you want the coming messiah king to be a servant who is rejected, rides on a donkey, suffers and dies as predicted in scripture then you do not anticipate a glorious reign of power from Jerusalem..

Those things are done and now he returns for retribution.

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes Nick, what you speak of is what I have been taught from knee-high, however where does it speak of this “second coming” in the OT?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Try Rev 19 and cross reference from there.
    Does it say second? No. But you can count.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,02:03)
    Most of the second coming information comes from the NT, but it's in the OT too – e.g. Zech 14.

What do you make of this then?

Zec 14:19  This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
      Zec 14:20  In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “HOLY TO THE LORD.” And the cooking pots in the LORD'S house will be like the bowls before the altar.
      Zec 14:21  Every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of hosts; and all who sacrifice will come and take of them and boil in them. And there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts in that day.

You know as well as I do that sacrifices do not match Christian theology so what are we to do with this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    When Christ returns as King he shall indeed show us the relevance of the feasts and the ongoing meaning of the feast of booths.

Zech 14
    16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    There will be a remnant of faithful Jews living with Christ in Jerusalem after his return.
    But the sons of God will return with Christ.
    Zech 14
    5You will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah Then the LORD, my God, will come, and all the holy ones with Him!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:08)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:05)
    This doesn't sound like Jesus to me – it sounds like God.  It sounds like the coming and ruling of our Almighty!  But then again, we have to take into consideration that you are a Triune God believer and I am not.  Well, I'll keep looking and thanks!

It's Yeshua, according to the NT the Father will not reign as King from Mt Zion, Yeshua will. You probably got thrown by Him being called YHWH. AT's are not used to seeing that.

Hi Is 1.18,
    Are you not aware yet that God is ever in Christ's vessel?
    God will rule from Jerusalem through Christ.

Ps 2
    1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,14:09)
    Hi KJ,
    There will be a remnant of faithful Jews living with Christ in Jerusalem after his return.
    But the sons of God will return with Christ.
    Zech 14
    5You will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah Then the LORD, my God, will come, and all the holy ones with Him!

What does that have to do with sacrifices?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    There will be a temple built in Jerusalem.

kejonn
    Participant

So you believe that Jesus' sacrifice was only temporary and will be replaced by animal sacrifices?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Those who inherit the kingdom walk with the reborn gentile prodigal sons.

kejonn
    Participant

So you are saying that some will not sacrifice but some will?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Are you thinking all will?
    Jews sacrifice.

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 22 2008,07:00)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,02:03)
    Most of the second coming information comes from the NT, but it's in the OT too – e.g. Zech 14.

What do you make of this then?

Zec 14:19  This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
      Zec 14:20  In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “HOLY TO THE LORD.” And the cooking pots in the LORD'S house will be like the bowls before the altar.
      Zec 14:21  Every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of hosts; and all who sacrifice will come and take of them and boil in them. And there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts in that day.

You know as well as I do that sacrifices do not match Christian theology so what are we to do with this?

Offered in remembrance of Christ's sacrifice? Maybe…..

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:19)
    :laugh:

Good to chat with you!  Look forward to hearing more.

Goodnight, bro.

Mandy, I have a relative of my wife staying with us till Friday, I probably won't be able to took at that post till the weekend. I will make it a priority then.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 528 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account