The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:52)
    LU,

Are you trying to work out a way to say that “Jesus died both as God AND Man”?

Please try not to sin any more than you already are?

JA,
    Do you disagree that Jesus was both divine and human? He was obedient unto death. His spirit was apart from His body.

I'm not sinning…I'm answering your questions. Where is that a sin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Divine?
    Men are not divine are they?

He really really died.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,17:38)
    Hi LU,
    Divine?
    Men are not divine are they?

He really really died.

And He was really, really divine. His origins are from ancient times, He was the root of David AND became the branch of David as well. Man cannot die for all mankind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Man cannot die for mankind?
    What scripture is behind this bizarre thought?
    Lambs and pigeons were enough as sin offerings in his day.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,17:44)
    Hi LU,

Did the lambs take care of the future sins as well and could one die for every man in the world?

I gave you scripture for this just yesterday.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 30 2010,09:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,17:44)
    Hi LU,

Did the lambs take care of the future sins as well and could one die for every man in the world?

I gave you scripture for this just yesterday.

LU

providing you can raise enough sheeps,and goaths.

for your sin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So you have calculated that a god must die to cover all these matters?
    Why not rely on what is written?
    Calculations confuse.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,17:51)
    Hi LU,
    So you have calculated that a god must die to cover all these matters?
    Why not rely on what is written?
    Calculations confuse.

Why don't you?? I gave you scripture that said that the righteous man cannot die for the unrighteous man. Don't you believe scripture?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I didn't calculate anything…the covenant was between the Father and the Son. If you have a problem with it don't come to me, take it to the two that made the covenant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Is this the verse you refer to?
    Romans 5:7
    For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

1.Romans 5:7
    For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.

CAN does not appear there.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Nope, that is not it…keep looking over your posts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Where does it say only gods can die for men?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,09:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2010,01:09)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,16:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2010,00:13)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,15:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2010,23:09)
    Hi LU,
    There are no scriptures that say Jesus was a combined God with his God and then God's arm divided from God and came
    Neither are there two Gods.

Nick,
    OR you haven't been given that revelation yet.  Do you think that God is with Himself in John 1:1?

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

Hi LU,
    The Spirit of God is what transformed Jesus into a man of power and spiritual understanding.

He said true worshipers worship the Father and he is not the Father is he?

Working instead from your own theories is sad to see.

Nick,
    Our own theories is all anyone has.  You have your own theory too.  You think that Jesus was just a normal man like the rest of us but if that were so, his death would not pay for all mankind.  The scriptures say that a righteous man can not die in the place of the unrighteous man.  He was more than a man.  So you can wallow in your own theories.  I am just to submit mine and hopefully the Lord will use them as He pleases.  It is not my job to convince you.

All of us, like sheep, have gone our own way, but the Lord has caused the iniquities of us all to fall on Him.   And we thank Him for bearing each of our lack.

I'm sure that if I was following another man's theories you would have trouble with that too.

Hi LU,
    Why did Jesus have to be MORE THAN A MAN to save us?
    Any scriptures?

Nick and JustAskin,

Ezek 18:7-20
    7 if a man does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing,
    8 if he does not lend money on interest or take increase, if he keeps his hand from iniquity and executes true justice between man and man,
    9 if he walks in My statutes and My ordinances so as to deal faithfully — he is righteous and will surely live,” declares the Lord God.
    10 “Then he may have a violent son who sheds blood and who does any of these things to a brother
    11 (though he himself did not do any of these things), that is, he even eats at the mountain shrines, and defiles his neighbor's wife,
    12 oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore a pledge, but lifts up his eyes to the idols and commits abomination,
    13 he lends money on interest and takes increase; will he live? He will not live! He has committed all these abominations, he will surely be put to death; his blood will be on his own head.
    14 “Now behold, he has a son who has observed all his father's sins which he committed, and observing does not do likewise.
    15 “He does not eat at the mountain shrines or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, or defile his neighbor's wife,
    16 or oppress anyone, or retain a pledge, or commit robbery, but he gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing,
    17 he keeps his hand from the poor, does not take interest or increase, but executes My ordinances, and walks in My statutes; he will not die for his father's iniquity, he will surely live.
    18 “As for his father, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was not good among his people, behold, he will die for his iniquity.
    19 “Yet you say, 'Why should the son not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity?' When the son has practiced justice and righteousness and has observed all My statutes and done them, he shall surely live.
    20 “The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
    NASU

Read the whole thing not just what I have made bold print.

Here Nick, I'll help ya… :;):

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,18:01)
    Hi LU,

Nick,

It tells us that man cannot die for all of mankind. God shows us who can.
    John 3:16

NickHassan
    Participant

hi LU,
    Scripture tells us in at least three places Jesus was a man.
    Should we believe scripture?

He calls himself son of man in about 15 places.
    Should we believe him?

Or are your ideas just as good?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 30 2010,10:03)

Hi LU,

Nick,

It tells us that man cannot die for all of mankind.  God shows us who can.

LU

this is not God;
    Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,18:09)
    hi LU,
    Scripture tells us in at least three places Jesus was a man.
    Should we believe scripture?

He calls himself son of man in about 15 places.
    Should we believe him?

Or are your ideas just as good?

Nick,
    He was fully man and fully god.
    He was a man that is the branch of David part. You never admit the root of David part…that is the divine part.
    Why do you beat your fist against scriptures?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

What does Jesus say concerning being 'the good shepherd'?
    Does He not say that he lays down his life for His sheep (plural in this context, sheeps, if you like, flock otherwise)

Read: Romans 5. You do not, (I can't believe you read the Bible and claim otherwise) believe that Jesus was a man. This is not opinion, it is Scripture.

It is so funny to see you phylosphysing over the meaning of 'outstretched arm of God' and yet despute plain, common, everyday statements like: 'For by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one MAN's obedience many will be made righteous.'

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2010,18:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 30 2010,10:03)

Hi LU,

Nick,

It tells us that man cannot die for all of mankind.  God shows us who can.

LU

this is not God;
    Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

terraricca,

Well, the Son that was sent was both god and man. Take it to the one that sent Him if you have a problem with it.

Lightenup
    Participant

JA,
    Read the post just prior to your last one. He was not JUST a man.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account