The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:08)
    LU,

By the way the Scriptures say:

2 Kings 17:36 “But the Lord, who took you out of the land of Egypt with his great power and his outstretched arm”

So there are three that are “Worshipped”: “God”, “God's Great Power” and “God's Outstretched Arm”

And again

“The Lord brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm

His Mighty Hand AND his Outstretched Arm.

So now you might as well turn into a trinitarian because here is proof of Three being worshipped.
    Who is his “Mighty Hand” and who is his “Outstretched Arm” – A Hand is not an Arm – An Arm is not a Hand?

JA,

If you don't think that the hand can be considered part of the arm you haven't done the Hokey Pokey :) Humor! When the caller says to “put your right arm in and put your right arm out” does your hand stay in your pocket?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

What do you mean “His life was not taken from him”

“Father, why have you forsaken me – Into thy hands I commit my spirit” and then he breathed his Last.

Are you trying to say that Jesus didn't die?

Who was it that brought him back to life – or rather, Why was he said to have been “Raised from the dead” if he wasn't Really “Dead”

Did the Discplies/Apostles Lie, then? does the scriptures therefore Lie?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,16:10)
    Hi LU,
    Jesus went about doing good BECAUSE he was anointed by God's Spirit.[Acts 10.38]
    But you think he was another god?

Nick,
    Jesus went about by doing good to fulfiill a covenant. You miss the bigger picture…also because He cannot lie because He is a God as the Son of God.

But you think he was just a man and that's it…he couldn't have died for all mankind if he were just a man

JustAskin
    Participant

The Hand is attached to the Arm
    The Arm is attached to the Body

Can you move the Hand without moving the Arm – Yes
    Can you move the Arm without moving the Hand – Yes
    Can you move the body without moving the Hand or the Arm – Yes
    (Granted – not far – but none-the-less, YES)

So how does thi prove any point you are trying to make – They are three separately moveable parts (Cut off the hand and the Arm can still move)

You are saying that the Hand and the Arm are the same thing – yes?
    Then how is the Arm/Hand

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:12)
    LU,

“Father, why have you forsaken me – Into thy hands I commit my spirit” and then he breathed his Last.

Who was it that brought him back to life – or rather, Why was he said to have been “Raised from the dead” if he wasn't Really “Dead”

JA,
    Yes, He died, He had to in order to fulfill the blood covenant between Him and His Father. He willingly went through with the crucifixion. He could have called down myriads of angels to blow the Jews and Romans away but He didn't. The people didn't take His life from Him…He gave it to them.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

I am getting confuesd (Not)… How is it one moment Jesus is God (Who you say cannot die) but the next he is Man (Who can)?

Did Jesus “DIE” as a man or as [a] God?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:18)
    The Hand is attached to the Arm
    The Arm is attached to the Body

Can you move the Hand without moving the Arm – Yes
    Can you move the Arm without moving the Hand – Yes
    Can you move the body without moving the Hand or the Arm – Yes
    (Granted – not far – but none-the-less, YES)

So how does thi prove any point you are trying to make – They are three separately moveable parts (Cut off the hand and the Arm can still move)

You are saying that the Hand and the Arm are the same thing – yes?
    Then how is the Arm/Hand

JA,
    Yes, I am saying that the “arm of the Lord” includes the hand when used figuratively as the Son. You miss the magnitude of this truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 30 2010,08:19)

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:12)
    LU,

JA,
    Yes, He died, He had to in order to fulfill the blood covenant between Him and His Father.  He willingly went through with the crucifixion.  He could have called down myriads of angels to blow the Jews and Romans away but He didn't.  The people didn't take His life from Him…He gave it to them.

Hi LU,
    So the Son of God died.
    He gave up his spirit.

Why do you worship him because of his history when the Lord now is the Spirit?

JustAskin
    Participant

Lu,

So what you are doing is deciding for yourself what is meant by the scriptures;
    “Words mean what I mean them to mean When I mean for them to mean what I mean them to mean”

How are you to say that “The Hand” is not another deity.
    Who fiirst claimed that “The Arm” was a deity.

Michael, the archAngel, is “Captain of the Armies of God” – could God's outstretched Arm not be “Michael”.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:21)
    LU,

I am getting confuesd (Not)… How is it one moment Jesus is God (Who you say cannot die) but the next he is Man (Who can)?

Did Jesus “DIE” as a man or as [a] God?

JA,
    You are confused indeed.

I DIDN't say that God as the Son of God could not choose to take on flesh and that flesh die. And it hurt, He went through all the torture that natural man would have felt. The Father forsook Him by taking His Holy Spirit out of Him. After that, He gave up His own spirit to the Father and it left the flesh body and the flesh was all that was left hanging on the cross and then put into the tomb.

BTW, are you at work right now? Is it ok that you are spending all this time posting on HN? Are you pretending that you are computer programming while you are posting on the forum???

JustAskin
    Participant

So, LU, if Jesus DIED, how was he then [a] God – How can [a] God Die.

If Jesus died how could he say “I am he who Was, IS and Will be”.

He could say “I am he who “Was, WAS NOT and now is” – oh, yeah, He does say that in revelation and not the first one.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:28)
    Lu,

So what you are doing is deciding for yourself what is meant by the scriptures;
    “Words mean what I mean them to mean When I mean for them to mean what I mean them to mean”

How are you to say that “The Hand” is not another deity.
    Who fiirst claimed that “The Arm” was a deity.

Michael, the archAngel, is “Captain of the Armies of God” – could God's outstretched Arm not be “Michael”.

JA,
    Isaiah is clear that the arm is the Son and it is confirmed in John.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,16:31)
    So, LU, if Jesus DIED, how was he then [a] God – How can [a] God Die.

If Jesus died how could he say “I am he who Was, IS and Will be”.

He could say “I am he who “Was, WAS NOT and now is” – oh, yeah, He does say that in revelation and not the first one.

JA,
    He could die by choosing that and taking on flesh.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

it is way past my work time by some 3.5 hours…

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Did Jesus die as Man or as God?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

“He could die…ny taking on flesh”

No disrepect – can we all choose how we wish to die then. I don't think so, Is that not a sin?

Jesus became FULLY MAN and dies as FULLY MAN and was raised a Man and taken up to Heaven as a Spirit Creature in Glory and given a position of Great Power (A Mighty god – Indeed)

– By the way, Capitalising Letters – or not – makes no difference to the underlying words: GOD, God or god all mean the same thing – EXCEPT when used in context and it is up to the Bible writers what is Capitlised or not to help our understanding: so mighty god and MIGHTY GOD are the same thing: “Man is GOD” is the same as “man is god” except by context where we know that MAN is NOT GOD – but MAN is god”

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Are you trying to work out a way to say that “Jesus died both as God AND Man”?

Please try not to sin any more than you already are?

JustAskin
    Participant

Lu,

I asked the same question to TT and WJ.

TT jumped in head first and ended up calling GOd a “God of Half Truths” and that “Jesus was more important than God” in his desparation.

WJ wisely kept away by claiming he was too busy to respond but yet was posting all over the rest of the forum. In the end I laughed and told him he's given me his anwser by way of a non-response. It was an admirable move on his part (and TT said he would find me boring to play Chess with?)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You worship two because you think God's arm is separate from Him.
    God is one.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,17:04)
    Hi LU,
    You worship two because you think God's arm is separate from Him.
    God is one.

Isaiah did too.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account