The new worlds translation on titus 2;13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 02 2009,03:23)
    Bodhitharta said:

I didn't say that Jesus didn't “love” I said Jesus said he was not of the world and God said that God loved the world.

He loved his own who were in the world who were the Lost sheep of the House of Israel.

bd,
    You are now contradicting yourself. You originally said that God was the Savior because He loved the world. Now you say that Jesus loved those in the world who were His own. Therefore,  Jesus was their Savior because He loved them.

You say that Paul was the apostle to the world (Gentiles). Paul said that the love of Christ constrained him to preach to the Gentiles (2 Corinthians 5). Therefore, Jesus is the Savior of the Gentiles because He loves them too.

thinker

John 9:5 (New International Version)

4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

This statement clearly shows that Jesus did not consider himself God, otherwise he would have said that he is always the light of the world.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

This statement clearly shows that Jesus did not consider himself God, otherwise he would have said that he is always the light of the world.

What has this to do with what we are saying? You said that Christ did not love the world but only God loved the world. I replied saying that Paul was constrained by the love of Christ to preach reconciliation to the world.

Do you have a problem with Christ going to the cross out of love for you?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 03 2009,04:29)

Bodhitharta said:

I didn't say that Jesus didn't “love” I said Jesus said he was not of the world and God said that God loved the world.

He loved his own who were in the world who were the Lost sheep of the House of Israel.

bd,
    You are now contradicting yourself. You originally said that God was the Savior because He loved the world. Now you say that Jesus loved those in the world who were His own. Therefore,  Jesus was their Savior because He loved them.

You say that Paul was the apostle to the world (Gentiles). Paul said that the love of Christ constrained him to preach to the Gentiles (2 Corinthians 5). Therefore, Jesus is the Savior of the Gentiles because He loves them too.

thinker

Hi BD,
    Yes he was full of light and truth.
    God was in him reconciling the world to Himself.
    Of course that shows he was not that God but a vessel for God.

God visited His people in the vessel of His son.
    Trinity theory tramples on and destroys such beauty

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 02 2009,12:29)

Bodhitharta said:

bd,
    You are now contradicting yourself. You originally said that God was the Savior because He loved the world. Now you say that Jesus loved those in the world who were His own. Therefore, Jesus was their Savior because He loved them.

thinker

BD

That scripture shows no such thing. In fact the scripture proves the Deity of Christ by virtue of the fact that he is “The Light” of the world!

That was the true Light “which gives light to every man coming into the world“. John 1:9

Are you saying that Jesus is not the light of the world any longer? That is not what Jesus meant, or else men could not still come to him.

When Jesus left the world he said he would come to us again and now we are the light of the world by virtue of the fact that Jesus who is “The light” has come and lives in his Body, the church.

Can you say that you are the light of the world that lightens everyman that comes in the world?

No you can say that “We” plural are the light of the world, but we are not the source of that light. Jesus is, which is proof of his Deity!

Blessings WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

WorshippingJesus said:

No you can say that “We” plural are the light of the world, but we are not the source of that light. Jesus is, which is proof of his Deity!

Amen WJ! Jesus is called the true [genuine] light. This means that there is no light other than Him. This in turn means that Jesus is God!

God bless,
    thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God is your Saviour.
    Jesus is your saviour.

But Jesus is not your God.
    God is.

Petty politics is folly

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 02 2009,15:03)
    WorshippingJesus said:

Amen WJ! Jesus is called the true [genuine] light. This means that there is no light other than Him. This in turn means that Jesus is God!

God bless,
    thinker

To all,
    What light comes from true light? Is it false light or is it true light? It is true light. You see, to be the true light doesn't necessarily mean that He is the utimate source of light. If the Son was from the true light, He would also reflect the true light. Is GOD the Father of true lights or false lights? The answer…true lights.

The Son is unique as the “Light” compared to us. We see that in John 1 when John the Baptist is spoken of as not being the “true Light” even though John the Baptist had the Holy Spirit from the womb and was a witness to the testimony of GOD.

The point is that just being given the title as the “True Light” does not make one GOD. It also takes the nature of GOD which a true Son of GOD would have by reproduction. The True Light that is God by nature is full of grace and truth and that is both the Father of Lights and His very own, His one and only Son. Like Father, like Son. The nature of GOD from the nature of GOD.

NET ©
    Now 1 the Word became flesh 2 and took up residence 3 among us. We 4 saw his glory – the glory of the one and only, 5 full of grace and truth, who came from the Father.

NIV ©
    The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

NASB ©
    And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

NLT ©
    So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.

MSG ©
    The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.

BBE ©
    And so the Word became flesh and took a place among us for a time; and we saw his glory—such glory as is given to an only son by his father—saw it to be true and full of grace.

NRSV ©
    And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.

NKJV ©
    And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

God's love,
    LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2009,15:20)
    Hi TT,
    God is your Saviour.
    Jesus is your saviour.

But Jesus is not your God.
    God is.

Petty politics is folly

Hi Nick,
    Jesus is my God from the Most High GOD. Both are who I follow and worship and serve. The Son was sanctified and sent into the world. He, the sanctified, became my sanctifier and I will praise Him, He is worthy of my worship, not apart from the Father but in the Father. That one who sanctified us calls us brethren because we are all from one Father.

NET ©
    For indeed he who makes holy and those being made holy all have the same origin, 1 and so 2 he is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters, 3

NIV ©
    Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

NASB ©
    For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

NLT ©
    So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters.

MSG ©
    Since the One who saves and those who are saved have a common origin, Jesus doesn't hesitate to treat them as family,

BBE ©
    For he who makes holy and those who are made holy are all of one family; and for this reason it is no shame for him to give them the name of brothers,

NRSV ©
    For the one who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one Father. For this reason Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters,

NKJV ©
    For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

The Son of GOD is from the Father as a son would be, by reproduction-born. The rest of the brethren is from the Father by being born again. (that is why they are adopted and Christ is not).

Have a great day,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    True worshipers worship the Father according to your Lord.

Quote (Lightenup @ June 02 2009,15:27)

Quote (thethinker @ June 02 2009,15:03)
    WorshippingJesus said:

God bless,
    thinker

To all,
    What light comes from true light?  Is it false light or is it true light?  It is true light.  You see, to be the true light doesn't necessarily mean that He is the utimate source of light.  If the Son was from the true light, He would also reflect the true light.  Is GOD the Father of true lights or false lights?  The answer…true lights.  

The Son is unique as the “Light” compared to us.  We see that in John 1 when John the Baptist is spoken of as not being the “true Light” even though John the Baptist had the Holy Spirit from the womb and was a witness to the testimony of GOD.

The point is that just being given the title as the “True Light” does not make one GOD.  It also takes the nature of GOD which a true Son of GOD would have by reproduction.  The True Light that is God by nature is full of grace and truth and that is both the Father of Lights and His very own, His one and only Son.  Like Father, like Son.  The nature of GOD from the nature of GOD.

NET ©
    Now 1  the Word became flesh 2  and took up residence 3  among us. We 4  saw his glory – the glory of the one and only, 5  full of grace and truth, who came from the Father.

NIV ©
    The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

NASB ©
    And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

NLT ©
    So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.

MSG ©
    The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.

BBE ©
    And so the Word became flesh and took a place among us for a time; and we saw his glory—such glory as is given to an only son by his father—saw it to be true and full of grace.

NRSV ©
    And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.

NKJV ©
    And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

God's love,
    LU

Hi Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ June 02 2009,15:27)

The point is that just being given the title as the “True Light” does not make one GOD.

Why do you continue to diminish Jesus for who he is?

The scriptures do not say he was given the “title” True light!

It says he “IS” the true light that gives light to every man!

Jesus is the source of our light and our life just as the Father and the Spirit are. They are One!

Blessings WJ

Hi Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ June 02 2009,15:37)

The Son of GOD is from the Father as a son would be, by reproduction-born.   The rest of the brethren is from the Father by being born again. (that is why they are adopted and Christ is not).

Have a great day,
    Kathi

Of course this is your opinion!

Blessings WJ

Hi Kathi

Jesus is my God from the Most High GOD.  Both are who I follow and worship and serve.

This means you are serving and worshipping 2 Gods and that by definition is Polytheism!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    It is you who calls Jesus and the Father and the Spirit of the Father gods.
    God is one and has a monogenes Son.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2009,15:38)
    Hi LU,
    True worshipers worship the Father according to your Lord.

Yes Nick, you are correct.  It is also correct to call that Lord my “God” who is from the Most High GOD who also refers to Him as God doesn't He?

Heb 1:8-9
    8 But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.
    9 “YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS; THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS.”
    NASU

Why do you not acknowledge this Nick?

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    1Cor 8 shows that Jesus is our Lord.
    God is one.

Jesus is the vine of which we are a branch.
    He is not the Gardener the vine serves.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2009,16:46)
    Hi WJ,
    It is you who calls Jesus and the Father and the Spirit of the Father gods.
    God is one and has a monogenes Son.

Hi NH

This is a lie! I have never refered to the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as “gods”.

Why do you lie and missrepresent me?

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 02 2009,16:02)
    Hi Kathi

Jesus is my God from the Most High GOD.  Both are who I follow and worship and serve.

This means you are serving and worshipping 2 Gods and that by definition is Polytheism!

Blessings WJ

Good grief Keith,
    one Most High GOD
    one Son from the Most High GOD who shares the nature of His Father making Him God from GOD.
    The wisdom, power, purpose, nature, direction etc. all trickles down from ONE-the Most High GOD. It trickles down from Him through His Son.

GOD the Father, the source is ONE and the Son is a true Son not something different than a true Son like you say. He is not just a son because GOD told Him that He was a son IMO. And yes, everything I say is my opinion which doesn't make it wrong just because it is my opinion, BTW. A Son by nature (as in reproduction-birth) is different than a son merely by declaration or creation for that matter or adoption.

Also, regarding the light. The Son is the Light but He is not the Father of Himself. The Father is the Father of Lights.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2009,16:52)
    Hi LU,
    1Cor 8 shows that Jesus is our Lord.
    God is one.

Jesus is the vine of which we are a branch.
    He is not the Gardener the vine serves.

Nick,
    Stick to context and you will do well.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God is one.

Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 01 2009,09:45)
    Marty and Mandy………..Sorry about the mix up, sorry to hear your brothers passings, may GOD be with there Family's and Your both too, I somehow got confused and thought it was WJ's Brother. Sorry to all, for the mix up.

peace and love to you all, and yours……………..gene

Hi Gene:

Thanks for the kind words of sympathy relative to my brother. No problem relative to the misunderstanding.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account