The Nature of Faith

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 394 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,12:31)
    Hi Tow,
    I am realising the depth of your ignorance.
    Powerless religion was prophesied but a powerless God is new.
    Even Satan has powers and uses them to blind the minds of men.

–snicker–

Nick's definition of ignorance: “Not agreeing with my dogma”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Not so but those who respect the bible at least grant that our God is powerful, has cared for, healed and comforted His peeople and continues to do so. He is a God of Love, which you say you acknowledge, and yet you can never show any actions in scripture that show this but only His work of creation.
    Will your messiah have greater powers than his God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Meet our God.
    He is a powerful God.
    2 Chronicles 25:8
    But if thou wilt go, do it; be strong for the battle: God shall make thee fall before the enemy: for God hath power to help, and to cast down.
    Ezra 8:22
    For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.
    Jeremiah 32:17
    Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Matthew 22:29
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Luke 9:43
    And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples,

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,12:47)
    Hi Tow,
    Not so but those who respect the bible at least grant that our God is powerful, has cared for, healed and comforted His peeople and continues to do so. He is a God of Love, which you say you acknowledge, and yet you can never show any actions in scripture that show this but only His work of creation.
    Will your messiah have greater powers than his God?

How can he when his powers will come from G-d? The vessel cannot outdo the source.

However, until I see such miracles as listed in scripture, I reserve the right to be skeptical of them. Also, I reserve the right to be skeptical of G-d telling people to kill others. G-d can give and take life without our intervention.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,13:11)
    Hi tow,
    Meet our God.
    He is a powerful God.
    2 Chronicles 25:8
    But if thou wilt go, do it; be strong for the battle: God shall make thee fall before the enemy: for God hath power to help, and to cast down.
    Ezra 8:22
    For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.
    Jeremiah 32:17
    Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Matthew 22:29
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Luke 9:43
    And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples,

Don't forget this one:

Joh 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Towshab
    Participant

Which one is the truth of John 14:12, (a) Jesus lied or (b) nobody truly believes in him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The apostles continued the works of God doing miracles in the name of Jesus.
    Some still are appointed to such works .
    A remnant.
    Why not join with them?

Towshab
    Participant

I assume you are not in that remnant, Nick? Because you've never told us which works you have done that are equal or greater than those that Jesus did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The body of Christ has different tasks and different graces given to fulfill them.
    A toe cannot do what the eye does and a finger cannot do the work of a leg.
    Each has roles and many perform them though their work is rarely noticed.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,15:18)
    Hi Tow,
    The body of Christ has different tasks and different graces given to fulfill them.
    A toe cannot do what the eye does and a finger cannot do the work of a leg.
    Each has roles and many perform them though their work is rarely noticed.

That still does not explain this

Joh 14:12  “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    It is possible.
    But lower roles are preferable.
    “My yoke is easy and my burden is light”

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,15:36)
    Hi Tow,
    It is possible.
    But lower roles are preferable.
    “My yoke is easy and my burden is light”

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the works you are supposed to be able to accomplish. You can't even seem to properly apply your own bible.

Mat 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

This applies to those who are weary, mostly in spirit, and laiden with the load of sin. Its a shame when a non-Christian has to teach a Christian the meaning of a GT passage.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So you who does not believe the bible would interpret it?

Towshab
    Participant

Do you disagree with my interpretation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,

The YOKE is the issue.
    It channels the energies of the member.
    And it allows the head of the body to direct the member.

Towshab
    Participant

Do you know what a yoke is, outside of this verse?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Sure where we live you still see those things
    in museums.

Towshab
    Participant

So if you are saying that the same application is valid symbolically, of a yoke on an oxen to transfer the energy of the animal, how does this have anything to do with the yoke that Jesus offers in your lack of ability to actually do any of the works he did, much less greater ones?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You know nothing about anyone here but presumption drives you on.
    Teamwork is the thing in Christ and no man should do what is not appointed to him.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,16:42)
    Hi tow,
    You know nothing about anyone here but presumption drives you on.
    Teamwork is the thing in Christ and no man should do what is not appointed to him.

So Jesus forgot to appoint healers? People who would raise others from the dead? Exorcists? Short-sighted of him. Maybe you ought to drop him a prayer (or text message) and remind him.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 394 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account