The nag hammadi library

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    poisson_1
    Participant

Just a quick one to signal the huge discovery in Nag Hammadi of some very interesting texts. As can be expected, they have so far been nicely covered up by the usual organised suspects. The result is that they have fallen to the hands of Gnostic societies who have more or less taken property of them, making them less than tempting for anyone who's been warned against gnosticism, (my father in law for one considers the word 'gnostic' as equal to 'satanist'! Dear dear…!)

On the other hand, the roman catholic church use the bible for their own deceits, and that doesn't make the bible bad…right?

The texts include the gospel of Thomas (possibly the most famous of the texts there) but also some very enlightening texts such as what happened before Genesis, shedding a little light on why it is possible to do evil in the name of 'God'.

it's all on line here: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Just try not to pay too much attention to what surrounds the texts themselves – so called 'interpretations'…(though as Christians, I'm sure that you're all used to that!).

I hope I've been of some use. It's always exciting to find more scriptures! I found this website by searching for the book of Enoch… Thanks!

By the way, anyone read Philip K Dick's last three books, VALIS, the Divine Invasion and The Transmigration of Timothy Archer? That's where I found out about the Nag Hammadi Library… well worth a read.

God bless you all,
    Denis

NickHassan
    Participant

For bud.
    Welcome

budhabee
    Participant

:D poisson my bro….well said. At least I am not a minority and boy I tell ya when u get pooped on for your sacred and thoughtful study of all phases of religion and cant even get a proper heartful response it is sad. I posted on another section and had not even started a thread really when thousand of freaking recitations of the bible were fed to me. As if I am going to read that download of dogma…as if really. I was looking for some enlightened minds like yours. I think I was just posting on the wrong page. I am with you on the Nag Hammadi all the way. Have been giving a read to Buddism also. I find the practical knowlege in it a great blessing for anyone who wants to climb that beautiful way of life as part of their education and read about meditation and other helpful attitudes. Ty for a heartfelt post and for not killing me with Dogma. (I so get a headache when they do that.)

kerwin
    Participant

I read the wikipidia entry on them and it does involve some interesting history.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account