The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 25 2010,07:42)

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 24 2010,15:30)
    JustAskin,

Deut 6:13-15
    13 “You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him and swear by His name.
    14 “You shall not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who surround you,
    15 for the Lord your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; otherwise the anger of the Lord your God will be kindled against you, and He will wipe you off the face of the earth.
    NASU

Notice that the context here and see that the intention seems to be making a distinction between the Lord their God and the god's of the peoples that surround them.

I really don't think that the Son of God would fit in the category of being a god of the people that surrounds them, would you?  He and the Father are one.  They are not in competition with each other.  The Son is not some foreign god but one with their Almighty.

Kathi

Hi LU,
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    True he is united with God but so are you in him.[Jn17]
    That does not make you God and neither does it make him GOD

Nick! There are some Scriptures that say that Jesus is God.
    John 1:1
    Hebrew 1:8-9
    Rev. 19:13 says that He is the Word or the Spoken Word of God. It does not make Him the Almighty God, however even His Father in Hebrew called Him God.. The way I see is that God is a title. We know that both have other names. The Trinitarians want to make Jesus equal with the Father and we have Scriptures that show us He is above all.
    Ephesians 4:6 besides all the other Scriptures that say that the Father is the God.
    Deut.4:35
    Deut. 6:4
    1 Corinth. 1:9
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    But as one of the US of 1 Cor 8 you know he is your Lord and his God is our God.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,
    Thank you for the feedback.

In regard to 'serving', this is semantics and context.

Serving God is an act of ultimate servitude equivalent of Worship: “Thou shalt love the Lord your God and Him only shall you Serve ('Worship').”
    A slave can Serve his master without contravening God's command – The slave is not 'Worshipping' his master.

Serving my family is not 'Worshipping' them.

But, all the same, I will lighten up.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Lightenup
    Participant

JustAskin,
    I agree about semantics and context in regards to the term 'serving' and I think also in the term 'worship.'
    I do believe we are totally fine to worship Jesus as God since He is God's Son who has the divine nature and authority over us and to whom we owe our eternal life and to worship the Most High God as the Father who always existed and loves us, etc. We don't worship the Son as the Father though.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello,
    I do believe that the fact that the Son of God has the same nature as the Father, that qualifies Him to be called a god. Since He has angels, a kingdom, followers, authority over all of that to even forgive and judge, perfect love and obedience to the Father, that would make Him not only a god but His follower's God. And His God would be His follower's Most High God.

This is where my understanding is and it is with this understanding I can reconcile many difficult passages and I have rest.

There is something very significant being said here:

Gal 4:8
    8 However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods.
    NASU
    Heb 1:3-4
    3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
    4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.
    NASU

Kathi

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

You are near God.

Worship God and him only. I believe that 'Him' is singular personal.

Still, you are in the right direction.

God(Singular) bless.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

I think that part of the problem is that we no longer understand what is meant by 'Worship' and the word meaning has been relegated to that of the same level as 'praise, honor and glorify'.

They have become indistinct and so people think we are 'dissing' Jesus if we don't WORSHIP him.

Worshipping Jesus open the door to 'Jesus Worship' as an exclusive cult.

Sorry, only my opinion.

Lightenup
    Participant

JustAskin,
    I agree that it could be wrong to worship Jesus is that is the only one worshipped but if you realize that Jesus has a Father and that you know the Father and the Son, then there is no way that you could only worship Jesus because you would know that there was someone even higher than Him.

Can't you see that not only it can be wrong, it also, with the right perspective, can be right.

Worship Jesus and the Father.
    My opinion,
    Kathi

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 25 2010,09:47)
    Hi Irene,
    But as one of the US of 1 Cor 8 you know he is your Lord and his God is our God.

That is right as far as us worship our God and Father of all.  I do have a problem when some will say that we should worship Father and Son.  That is what the Trinitarians do IMO.
    You shall have no other God's beside you, meaning that the Father is to be worshipped only IMO. Deut. 4:35 and Deut. 6:4 tell us that.  And when we know that the Father is above all inn Ephesians 4:6 IMO it means no other is to be above Him.  
    Jesus deserves all honor and glory, because He is our King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  It is the second commandment not to worship any other being but the Father of us all.
    Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 24 2010,20:48)
    LU,

It seems that you seeking the Truth but you have not the Spirit of Truth.

When you have the Spirit of Truth, then you will believe.

Listen to Terra, he is right.

Before you read Scripture, pray in earnest for guidance of the Holy Spirit so that it is not your own ideas that form your understanding but that which is from God Himself.

When you pray, say something like:

'My Heavenly Father, Lord God Almighty,
         I am a sinful one who is seeking You and your Truth.
         As I search the Scriptures, please guide my thoughts
         through the power of your Holy Spirit.
         I thank you through your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen'

Hi JustAskin,

You have the correct wording here in line #2!

satan's title 'i am' connected to sinning!
    1Tm:1:15: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that
    Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

edj

first you do not belong to the church of Paul ,second, you twisting what Paul was expressing
    and you have not repent the way Paul did,you are not in the same league as Paul
    with what you say,

this is not what scares me, what does ,is that i know you know what you are doing.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 25 2010,15:47)
    edj

1) first you do not belong to the church of Paul ,
    2) second, you twisting what Paul was expressing
    3) and you have not repent the way Paul did,
    4) you are not in the same league as Paul
    with what you say,

5) this is not what scares me,
    6) what does ,is that i know you know what you are doing.

Hi Terraricca,

1) What is the “Church of Paul”?
    2) How?
    3) How can you make such a ridicules comment?
    4) What league are you in?

5) What does scare you?
    6) What do you 'think' me to be doing?

ED J

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 25 2010,15:47)
    edj

first you do not belong to the church of Paul ,second, you twisting what Paul was expressing
    and you have not repent the way Paul did,you are not in the same league as Paul
    with what you say,

this is not what scares me, what does ,is that i know you know what you are doing.

What is your problem? You seem to do this over and over again and judge others!!! You are not do do so!!! God alone is the judge. I see nothing in Ed's post that said about what Church He is in. And even if He did it is none of your Business.
    You have told others to repent while IMO you should do so.
    Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 17 2010,14:47)
    terraricca,
    You misunderstood my comment.  No where did I say that the Son was God the Father, in fact, I said that the Son was not the Most High God (the Father).

I don't think that one has to be a trinitarian to believe that the Son is God.  God is what would be begotten of a Father that was and is God.  He would not be anything but what He was begotten from…He just wouldn't be the same being that beget Him, nor would He be the same age as the one that beget Him…do you see that?  Since He could not be the same age as the one who beget Him, He couldn't be the “Most High God.”  Simple!  Only one “Most High God.”  A Most High God that has a son begotten before time began.

I hope you can understand this,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi,

Hope all is well with you. I caught this post and it reminding me of something I saw on TV not too long ago. There was a show on African bees and how they are infiltrating the hives of American bees.

These bees are called “killer” bees because they sneak into the hives and somehow convince the American bees that they are queen bees. They American bees feed them and care for them. They even kill their American queen!!!

Stay with me here…..sorry for the boring story on bees. LOL

BUT when these African bees lay their eggs, there is no one to furtilize them. When the eggs hatch, they are clones of their mothers!!! This produces an even more aggressive strand of African bee. It's quite a problem.

Reproduction requires a mate. If God alone gave birth to the son, wouldn't the son just be a clone of God? Not a true son at all? If you want to use terms like, “son”, then you have to use them in the context for which they belong. Otherwise you need a new term, imo.

Isn't that why Mary was needed? So that Jesus would be a true son?

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 17 2010,23:37)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 17 2010,00:29)
    LU
    i do not understand God beget God.???? were you want to go with this??????

terraricca,
    Is it hard for you to understand these:

Man begets man
    Animal begets animal

If that is not hard for you to understand, then why is it hard for you to understand:

God begets god

Maybe you haven't considered the word “God/god” as a classification or a type of being like man or animal.

I'm just going for truth and understanding, I would bet that is what you want also.  Think about it…I know it is simple…so simple that it is missed, in my opinion.

Blessings,
    Kathi

God said that beside him there is NO OTHER. There is no “other God”. He didn't specify “High” God or “low” God. There is no other God – period.

God begets god is therefore erroneous.

Love,
    Mandy

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 25 2010,18:02)

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 17 2010,23:37)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 17 2010,00:29)
    LU
    i do not understand God beget God.???? were you want to go with this??????

terraricca,
    Is it hard for you to understand these:

Man begets man
    Animal begets animal

If that is not hard for you to understand, then why is it hard for you to understand:

God begets god

Maybe you haven't considered the word “God/god” as a classification or a type of being like man or animal.

I'm just going for truth and understanding, I would bet that is what you want also.  Think about it…I know it is simple…so simple that it is missed, in my opinion.

Blessings,
    Kathi

God said that beside him there is NO OTHER.  There is no “other God”.  He didn't specify “High” God or “low” God.  There is no other God – period.

God begets god is therefore erroneous.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy!
    Good to see you posting again!!!!! John 1:1 and in
    Hebrew 1:8-9 the

Father called His Son God. IMO God is a title and both have other names. Rev. tells us that Jesus was the Word or the Spoken Word of God. We are called Son's and IMO God is a Family name. ! Corinth. 15:28 t ells us when all enemies have been made subject to Jesus He will give the Kingdom back to the Father God. So God can be all in all. Our Heavenly Father is above all and He will always be above all. So many are having problems with John 1:1. I don't since IMO God is only a title. In Ancient times many were called Gods. That is why we have the commandment not to have others Gods besides The God, the Almighty God. Jehovah is His name. Can you see how easy it becomes when God is a title?
    Peace and Love Irene

JustAskin
    Participant

Elizabeth,

You have hit the nail squarely on the head.
    God is a Title – it descibes the highest being in an organisation. Since we are talking about the ultimate organisation which contains all other organisations there can only be ONE GOD and he is called “ALMIGHTY GOD” – denoted simply as GOD (all capital/emphatic) or God (Leading caps 'G' for General usage – only the most irreverent use this title about themselves or another individual).

There canot be 'lesser GODs” but since we are OF God mankind can also be 'god' of it's like. GOD has made Mankind as a limited version of Himself.

“god” (or more specifically 'a god') may be used by anyone about anyone meaning 'highest in a human organisation, the one that knows most about … the one who does the better consistently over others but even so it must be used with extreme caution so as not to raise the individual to worshipful status!!)

This one God give us HIS name as variously by language and rendering:”I AM”, Jehovah, Yahweh, Yashua, YHWH, etc.

GOD has [spawned] a Son and is therefore also called God the Father – God the father of His Son. However note that nowhere in Scripture is the Son EVER called “God the Son”, He is either “Son of God” or “Son of Man” (when on Earth). Notice also that Jesus, himself, never called Himself “Son of God”, he always says “Son of Man” – it is others who called him “Son of God”, however he did not dispute the title (“Son of God”) – he just never said it.

Elizabeh, except for a few verses in Revelations where it is unclear who is saying what, putting God the Father and Jesus Christ in the perspective that we do here ther is no problem reading scriptures without that nagging thought that something didn't sound right there but I'll just ignore it because if I don't and I query it I will get thrown out of my Church.

That is not to say that other New Testament text do not also present problem – Some Bible translators had an agenda to keep for a particular church or King and used words that were pleasing rather than were proper scriptural rendering – or – they simply made mistakes.

May you be blessed.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 25 2010,01:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 17 2010,14:47)
    terraricca,
    You misunderstood my comment.  No where did I say that the Son was God the Father, in fact, I said that the Son was not the Most High God (the Father).

I don't think that one has to be a trinitarian to believe that the Son is God.  God is what would be begotten of a Father that was and is God.  He would not be anything but what He was begotten from…He just wouldn't be the same being that beget Him, nor would He be the same age as the one that beget Him…do you see that?  Since He could not be the same age as the one who beget Him, He couldn't be the “Most High God.”  Simple!  Only one “Most High God.”  A Most High God that has a son begotten before time began.

I hope you can understand this,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi,

Hope all is well with you.  I caught this post and it reminding me of something I saw on TV not too long ago.  There was a show on African bees and how they are infiltrating the hives of American bees.

These bees are called “killer” bees because they sneak into the hives and somehow convince the American bees that they are queen bees.  They American bees feed them and care for them.  They even kill their American queen!!!

Stay with me here…..sorry for the boring story on bees.  LOL

BUT when these African bees lay their eggs, there is no one to furtilize them.  When the eggs hatch, they are clones of their mothers!!!  This produces an even more aggressive strand of African bee.  It's quite a problem.

Reproduction requires a mate.  If God alone gave birth to the son, wouldn't the son just be a clone of God?  Not a true son at all?  If you want to use terms like, “son”, then you have to use them in the context for which they belong.  Otherwise you need a new term, imo.

Isn't that why Mary was needed?  So that Jesus would be a true son?

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    Nice to see you passing through.
    Interesting story about the bees. The realm that God is in is not bound by the laws of nature that He established. He does things “super”naturally. He had a son supernaturally…the only Son of God. The Son of God was around long before He came to reside in the Son of Man. Mary was needed for the Son of Man part.

My opinion,
    Kathi

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi All,

Can anyone explain to me how it is that God says “Let US create Man” and “Let US go down and scatter them” but then says “I, the Lord am ONE” (and other similar over and over in the old testament)

Surely he should then have said: “WE ARE WHO WE ARE” and “We, the LORD are One”? and “Beside US, there is no other God formed”

The demons in the Mad man had no problem in saying “MY name is Legion: for we are many”

Any thoughts?

JustAskin
    Participant

oh, or “I, the Lord are Three”

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account