The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So two gods?
    Why do you accuse others of polytheism?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,14:41)
    Hi WJ,
    So two gods?
    Why do you accuse others of polytheism?

NH

Did I say 2 Gods?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Read your words again and show how Jesus can be a GOD in the same sense as the Father without the usual
    added

'abracadabra they are the same God'.

Mystery babylon!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,14:45)
    Hi WJ,
    Read your words again and show how Jesus can be a GOD in the same sense as the Father without the usual
    added

'abracadabra they are the same God'.

Mystery babylon!

Yep!

I read it! No 2 Gods! Just that Jesus is the radiance of the Fathers Glory, the very same essence of all that God is! John 1:1, Heb 1:3, Phil 2:6

Just like the Sun and its rays! You can't seperate the one without the other! But we have already been over this havn't we?

Its more like to you “abracadabra” Jesus is not the “Image of the invisible God” but rather an image that is less than God!

Idolatry!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 18 2010,06:39)

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 17 2010,14:03)

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 18 2010,05:55)
    TT,
    “Praise, Honor and Glorify God and Christ”
    “Worship God alone”

What have I written that is ambiguous or profits your claims?

JA,

Here is YOUR OWN definition of worship:

“Worship is the giving over of oneself entirely to another, complete selflessness and absolute servitude – a Sacrifice – literally giving your life (Spirit) for use by another”

Jesus said:23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.

thinker

Jack

It really is a good definition of the word! Thats another scriptural reason why Trinitarians believe that Jesus is God in every sense like the Father, for there is no difference in the honour, worship, and praise to be given to Jesus as to the Father.

The kind of devotion we give to Jesus would be Idolatry under the Mosaic law!

YHWH has not changed his mind for he would not share this kind of Glory with another that is not his equal in nature!

Blessings WJ

WJ,

JA's definition of worship is so good that I think that he copied it from somehwere. Anyway, JA is now going to have to own up to his definition and accept that Christ required worship from His dicsiples.

ALL the elements of JA's definition of worship are present in Jesus' requirement for discipleship.

JA said that worship involves the “giving of ourselves” as “a sacrifice.” Jesus said that we must “deny ourselves DAILY” and “LOSE our lives” for HIS SAKE.

JA has really made my day today and I am claiming the victory.

thinker

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2010,00:57)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 17 2010,21:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2010,23:38)
    Hi ST,
    Does God have a bodily form??
    He is invisible.

You deny the human vessel Jesus.
    Is it wise to deny the Son of our God?

Nick,
    Hebrews 11:27
    By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.

How did Moses see “God”

Colossians 1:15
    He is the image of the invisible God,

Could it of been His Son?

Genesis 32:30
    It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

Was it the invisible Father he saw and wrestled with?

John 14:9
    Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

Scripture supports that the Father is seen through His Son so I maintain that if I'm seeing the Father when I look at Jesus and I worship, it is the Father who is being worshipped

John 1:18
    No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

As to denying the human vessel, do you believe that Jesus is still just a corruptible human? I in no way implied or even believe that Jesus was anything more then 100% human from conception to resurrection, I do believe that He was more before and after said time period.

Now I also believe He had authority and power given to Him during His life on earth, but not the ALL authority and power He has now.

My opinion, Wm

Hi ST,
    We should believe Jesus when he said none have seen God. Many have been blessed to see some manifestation of God but none have seen Him.

Hi Nick,
    Jacob did not see a manifestation of God but in his own words “I saw God face to face”, so how is it that none have seen God? which verse do I rip out?

Unless it is the Father that none have ever seen and those who did “see” God in the OT saw the very image and nature of God (a title) in Jesus.

My opinion, Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    We know what Jacob thought he saw but he is said by scripture to have wrestled with an angel.

Often in scripture folks thought they had met God when they saw His angels.

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 17 2010,15:19)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2010,00:57)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 17 2010,21:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2010,23:38)
    Hi ST,
    Does God have a bodily form??
    He is invisible.

You deny the human vessel Jesus.
    Is it wise to deny the Son of our God?

Nick,
    Hebrews 11:27
    By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.

How did Moses see “God”

Colossians 1:15
    He is the image of the invisible God,

Could it of been His Son?

Genesis 32:30
    It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

Was it the invisible Father he saw and wrestled with?

John 14:9
    Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

Scripture supports that the Father is seen through His Son so I maintain that if I'm seeing the Father when I look at Jesus and I worship, it is the Father who is being worshipped

John 1:18
    No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

As to denying the human vessel, do you believe that Jesus is still just a corruptible human? I in no way implied or even believe that Jesus was anything more then 100% human from conception to resurrection, I do believe that He was more before and after said time period.

Now I also believe He had authority and power given to Him during His life on earth, but not the ALL authority and power He has now.

My opinion, Wm

Hi ST,
    We should believe Jesus when he said none have seen God. Many have been blessed to see some manifestation of God but none have seen Him.

Hi Nick,
    Jacob did not see a manifestation of God but in his own words “I saw God face to face”, so how is it that none have seen God? which verse do I rip out?

Unless it is the Father that none have ever seen and those who did “see” God in the OT saw the very image and nature of God (a title) in Jesus.

My opinion, Wm

Seeking

Why is it that the word “God” is a title only when it is applied to Jesus, as if to say he is not God?

If God is only a title then how can you claim that it would mean something different when applied to the Father, since Jesus is not in the same class as false gods?

If calling Jesus God means he is not God, then how can you say that calling the Father God means he is?

Seems circular to me!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You have a problem with GOD?
    Jesus said the Father was the one the Jews called God in Jn 8.54 so that should help.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,15:39)
    Hi WJ,
    You have a problem with GOD?
    Jesus said the Father was the one the Jews called God in Jn 8.54 so that should help.

NH

John said the Jews also wanted to kill Jesus for claiming he was equal to God by saying he was the Son of God! Do you also trust that they understood what Jesus meant more than you?

If not why not? They were there, you were not!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    They knew from Ps2 the unusual nature of God's Son given full authority on earth to work as God's agent. They should have known from the same verses that he was not that God. Do you?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,16:10)
    Hi WJ,
    They knew from Ps2 the unusual nature of God's Son given full authority on earth to work as God's agent.  They should have known from the same verses that he was not that God. Do you?

NH

Are you calling John a liar?

He is the one that narrated Jesus being equal to God!

How can any being be equal to God and not be God?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Did John say Jesus was our God?
    Where?

God does not have equals but He does grant full authority to His lesser Son.

His prophets and angels also spoke and acted for Him at times too.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,14:00)

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 17 2010,10:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2010,17:00)
    Hi lU,
    Whatever plants not planted by my Father will be pulled out.
    One of Satan's favourite deceptions is that Jesus is another god who came to seek worship.

So buildings fill every town with the confused worshipping him and other gods.

Hi Nick,
    You said:

One of Satan's favourite deceptions is that Jesus is another god who came to seek worship.

That is a huge claim.  I want to see you back that up with scripture.  It needs to be about Jesus specifically.

Hi LU,
    If you really believe Jesus is another god who came to seek worship to himself I think you have a greater scriptural challenge on your hands.

Nick,
    Well I suppose that's the closest that we are going to get to “I can't back up my claim.” So, thanks for that back door admission to that.

As for what I believe, I do not believe that Jesus is another God who came to seek worship to Himself. I believe that Jesus is God as a Son of God, who came to seek worship for His Father. He was so truly humble, He sought the benefit of the Father, not Himself, and the benefit of those who the Father had given Him.

I think that the Son of God is so truly amazing, He was in the beginning, creating the world with His Father and then He willingly denies Himself to be lowered, becoming a man and putting up with some really ignorant people for their eternal benefit and for the eternal benefit of His Father's glory. He does not seek His own glory but only the glory of His Father. That is soooooo rich, Nick! The more I learn of His magnificence, yet in all humility-In my spirit, I can't help but worship Him as my God as the Son knowing that my devotion to the Son brings the Father great satisfaction. What I do that brings the Father great satisfaction, I will want to continue to do.

JustAskin
    Participant

TT,

How are you quoting Psalms 2:12 at me as proof of something that I don't known what (that I am saying 'Worship Jesus'? Which I am not).

Did you read verse 11 before you started you halfbaked toothless barking?

Do you never tire of embarassing yourself?

What does verse 11 say?
    Psalms 2:11: 'Serve the LORD with fear, And rejoice with trembling' (LORD=YHWH, Serve=Worship)

How did you read vs 12 without reading vs 11?

And you draw in WJ to support you withering claim – And he supports you ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We agree that he was a servant of the one true God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    This demigod status men ascribe to Jesus can prevent them from letting him save them.
    Instead of worshiping him we should listen to him and obey his simple commands.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,16:41)
    Hi LU,
    We agree that he was a servant of the one true God.

Nick,
    That we can agree on but that brings up a question that I would like to ask you.

Are you a servant of the one true God? If yes, then do you think that you are or can be equal to Jesus?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,16:44)
    Hi LU,
    This demigod status men ascribe to Jesus can prevent them from letting him save them.
    Instead of worshiping him we should listen to him and obey his simple commands.

Nick,
    First of all, I do not teach a demigod. Jesus is fully God as the Son of God. He is not a demigod as the Son of God. Maybe you cannot, by faith realize that the Son of God would be completely a god. Are you a demiman? Sounds strange doesn't it? You are fully man from fully man. The one who is fully God begats another who is fully God. They are both equally God but not equally the Most High God, only the one who always existed can be the Most High God.

There is only one Most High God and only one God as a Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 18 2010,08:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2010,16:10)
    Hi WJ,
    They knew from Ps2 the unusual nature of God's Son given full authority on earth to work as God's agent.  They should have known from the same verses that he was not that God. Do you?

NH

Are you calling John a liar?

He is the one that narrated Jesus being equal to God!

How can any being be equal to God and not be God?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    So if John reports the sayings of the confused it means he agrees with them?

I thought you believed in logic?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account